The online racing simulator
Aww cute. Ladies and gentlemen gather round, what we have here is a perfect example of a typical Rangers/Sevco/The Rangers fan approach to discussions on football.

When the topic is about performances on the pitch, if the team is doing poorly (which they are at the moment) they will swiftly move it onto anything else, normally attendances or trophies. An easy point scoring exercise used to demonstrate how big a club they are and how every other club should bow down to them because of their superiority in fan numbers/trophies. It's a bit like Ferrari/Mclaren fans pointing and laughing at the Force India fans, sad and pathetic.

What has happened here is that this fan has used an out of date photo to emphasis his point. DeKo I'm curious, could you not find a photo of the new stadium (which has been made SPL compliant over the summer, there's plenty out there) or could you not find an older photo, there is one of that side being a grass bank? Do you not want to ask whether Ally is the man to take you forward, mind he threw a 10+ point lead last season before everything hit the fan? Or how about the fact that you are paying £1,000's in wages for players to sign for Rangers yet they can't get a win away from home in a league of part timers? Do you remember Gretna raise via the leagues, paid considerably less and walked that league with a hand behind their back, have you gone for the wrong players? Seriously what are you getting at here with those 2 pictures?

If it's how I should bow down to the 'mighty' Rangers just because you have the same crowds as previous seasons then sorry but that's never going to happen. You see my team never had a history of not signing a player because of his religion, nor does my support have a history of bigotry or trashing up an English city just because the TV screens went off.

Sure my team has a history, it's of a journey from the lower leagues, fighting central belt bias to get into the SFL leagues, promotions and relegation, cup triumphs and heartbreaks all while paying our taxes in full and on time in the correct manner despite it nearly killing the club.

But then we don't get 40,000+ fans a weak....it's almonst makes following my local side pointless that fact, I don't know I do it.
Real Madrid v Man City

Counting down to modified gifs.. 3.. 2... 1..
Awesome!
OMG Liverpool won!

They were pretty awful defensively but Suarez was incredible. Hopefully this will cheer them up for the next games.
If Suarez gets injured...
I had to hold a laugh when i saw Rangers lose with last team of their division. Seems like they are scared of away matches.
Quote from Kid222 :I had to hold a laugh when i saw Rangers lose with last team of their division. Seems like they are scared of away matches.

Rangers fans prided themselves on not walking away, The Rangers pride themselves on not winning away.

This is why you don't get penalties Suarez.
Epic
The Bale one is awesome too

Quote from R34GTR :The Bale one is awesome too

Yet no one is talking about it... certainly not on the scale of the Suarez one.

It's funny.. i watch every Liverpool match..often more than once (I'm a glutton for punishment ) that is the first time I've seen Suarez actually dive with no contact. (and yes, it was an embarrassment ) Yes, he goes down easily a lot, but there is always some contact. Bale, Young and Wellbeck I've seen do the most ridiculous dives, but not a lot is ever said about it.

Suarez is getting completely unfair treatment in the press and it's really starting to get on my tits. The whole "racism" thing was a complete farce, and now the "diving" thing is out of control.

Had the ref booked him for simulation on Sunday I'd have had no complaints at all. The fact he doesn't get awarded blatant penalties due to his "reputation" is beyond a joke though. It's about time referees started using their eyes and judged the bloody incidents themselves rather than basing their decisions on someones reputation.
I've given up watching football, regardless of Liverpools current situation and how much of a fan I am the game itself is a load of shit. Rather than watching a bunch of grown men enjoy theatrics and drama with diving and stupid gestures to the referee. I'll stick to F1 thanks.
lol what a statement..
Diving at Arsenal now? Nope ^^. Ramsey is a good example, always tries to get back up again, an example of fair play.
Quote from BlueFlame :I've given up watching football, regardless of Liverpools current situation and how much of a fan I am the game itself is a load of shit. Rather than watching a bunch of grown men enjoy theatrics and drama with diving and stupid gestures to the referee. I'll stick to F1 thanks.

... and enjoy theatrics and drama directed by Bernie

Well I slowly get the feeling the Bundesliga will turn from a club league to a franchise league. The team's organisation DFL, which is contracted as organising body for the Bundesliga and 2.Bundesliga by the DFB, the German Football Association and member of UEFA and FIFA, now presented a program for safety in the stadiums. However the one or the other point in that program would result in a higher independance from the DFB.

It is known that a league featuring relegation and promotion often is not as commercially succesfull as pure franchise leagues without this procedures. There's been the try in EPL by the club owners before I remember.
LOL, farcelona and real madrid dives their shit off in every ****ing match and its OK, its a part of football, its their way to win, you can't judge the "winners" etc... And now Suarez does that for LFC, and FA will "take care of that"... ****ing farce, as well as story with Evra and that the shit, FA is totally against Liverpool as I can see it...
Suarez is probably the biggest "unsporting" player in world football, though.

It's not "fair" treatment, but playing the way he does just shows such arrogance after what he did in the world cup. That episode tainted the world cup for a lot of people and I would not be surprised if some high-ups were gunning for him.

Why LFC didn't see this coming I have no idea. Too many people want to see karma in action.
It's not just what he did at the World Cup though, in the Netherlands his big trick was to try and injure a player and then go down himself. Not to mention the biting incident............

Not a nice man, and its funny to see Liverpool fans winding themselves up when justice is served and he is criticized/banned. A day is coming soon when he will either bite someone again or lose his head, and then Liverpool fans will finally be unable to defend him.
lol'd so hard
Quote from sinbad :
It's not "fair" treatment, but playing the way he does just shows such arrogance after what he did in the world cup. That episode tainted the world cup for a lot of people and I would not be surprised if some high-ups were gunning for him.

Don't hate the playa hate the game. If what he did in the world cup was really so bad then FIFA would of given a free goal.

The fact is, you CAN sacrifice yourself and stop a goal. The rules allow you to do that. You take one for the team. Sure it's not really in the spirit of the game, but if it was a written rule then it would be different.

Getting a red card isn't AGAINST the rules either, it's a part of the game. It's normal for players to get a few reds in their career.

I didn't like what Suarez did in the WC either, but you just have to accept it. He did it because it wasn't illegal to do so and he wanted to save the team losing which he did.
Quote from BlueFlame :Getting a red card isn't AGAINST the rules either, it's a part of the game. It's normal for players to get a few reds in their career.

I didn't like what Suarez did in the WC either, but you just have to accept it. He did it because it wasn't illegal to do so and he wanted to save the team losing which he did.

Similarly, there's nothing wrong with murdering people. You get sent to jail but it's part of life isn't it? Loads of people murder other people and go to jail, it's normal.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG