The online racing simulator
And the goals continue to fly in.....Jack Wilshire has lost out on goal of the season I think.

I want Ibrahimovic on WC '14.
This guy is on a different level atm..

Yeah I find him the best player atm... While I agree that Neymar, Messi, Barca etc. are talented and this kind of shit, I like someone like Ibrahimovic for his 'no brain'.. Just see the ball and kick the shit out of it.. And here we go. Pleasure.

classsyyyy
lol Eto'o
Hildebrand whyyyyyy!?!?!
Sorry but this isn't the IndyCar thread
lolwut?

But Arsenal did what I hoped for! Great to see them finally making result!
Hahah, where are all those gloryhunters who claimed BVB is their favourite football club of all time?
Quote from TexasLTU :Hahah, where are all those gloryhunters who claimed BVB is their favourite football club of all time?

:arge:
Quote from TexasLTU :Hahah, where are all those gloryhunters who claimed BVB is their favourite football club of all time?

what u talkin about?
bvb always had great fans from all of the world, mostly beacouse of great atmosphare im stadion and great fans ...

go watch some nordic sport please.
Yep they have always had lot of fans around the world, but I give u a small example of BVB Gloryhunters:

At the time of 11/12 CL there were no dortmund-fans at my hometown, just ManU and Chelsea and Barca fans. But things changed radically during the 12/13 season, and it's round of 16 phase. Almost all the chelsea and ManU fans were disappeared and there was a huge amount of sudden bvb-fans... I remember watching the final at a local bar with approx 70 ppl and I was the only Bayern supporter there. Rest of the mass were cheering for bvb... This is the reason I don't happen to like them, they got gloryhuntered pretty quickly.
Hm... ok I see. It actually is similar to the German trend, when all but one club are out of the competiton, everyone shall support the German team because it is a German, but this is not the point of club football, is it? I fear it is a collective need for recognition, that is even more served if the club that wins is in an underdog role, but what have those people to do with true fans? They are fans of the sport, but need that little extra to feel good watching it. I must say I don't care much about them. They are not helping my chance of getting tickets for Dortmund, but with zero chance anyways. (I'm no member, so I have to wait for the public offer, which sadly is at a time I'm nowhere near a reliable internet connection. Last time I had a theoretical chance, the game was sold out in 6 minutes, and I was too late )
Quote from Stig209 :Yep they have always had lot of fans around the world, but I give u a small example of BVB Gloryhunters:

At the time of 11/12 CL there were no dortmund-fans at my hometown, just ManU and Chelsea and Barca fans. But things changed radically during the 12/13 season, and it's round of 16 phase. Almost all the chelsea and ManU fans were disappeared and there was a huge amount of sudden bvb-fans... I remember watching the final at a local bar with approx 70 ppl and I was the only Bayern supporter there. Rest of the mass were cheering for bvb... This is the reason I don't happen to like them, they got gloryhuntered pretty quickly.

This.

Thilo, we've discussed it last season before CL final, I have nothing against Sudtribune and loyal supporters of Dortmund around the world, nor do I have anything against the club, I just want to do USA-style shooting for everyone who are constantly jumping out from one boat to another depending on club's results in local league/UEFA CL. Having in mind BVB is now in 3rd place and is on a verge of dropping out to Europa League, I guess I won't see anyone cheering and showing support for their "beloved BVB <3" or "my hero Lewandowski" anywhere in public/social networks because it's not their manner to follow one team if it has less success.

Look how Barcelona or Manchester United lost dozens of fans as they are not very good this year, I can see same people who claimed they support one of these clubs ever since they started to see and watch television suddenly praising Bayern/Chelsea/Juventus (newest trend is Arsenal). Guess why?
The problem I have with this is that it is putting the normal fans, the ultra fans and the "gloryhunters" into the same cup. It is the same thing as when the something happened in the stadium and people put ultras and those chaotes burning off their pyrotechnic into the same cup, like after what happened Auf Schalke, since then the tv channel in Dortmund does no-longer show images from the BVB's matches.
All what I can say: Support your local club.
Ofc your local club comes at no.1 but like with us finns our local clubs will never qualify to the cl, we start to support some other club from other country for which u have no bond with. Like u have that Ibra as ur avatar
My local team is in the 3rd league of Estonia and even the best teams in the country are godawful so no thank you
Quote from CardsetCrazy :All what I can say: Support your local club.

I suggest something better: Support the club you fell in love with. It makes no sense to support your local club if you don't like it.
EDIT: And if there is no club you feel to be in love with, just enjoy the game.
That's sorta where I'm at.

Even the MLS games arent that boring anymore.

But yeah I'll root for Utd...
Quote from TFalke55 :I suggest something better: Support the club you fell in love with.

Well said Sir! No one told me at 6 years old that i had to support my local club. I watched Liverpools Euro Cup final in '77 and was hooked. Fell in love there and then. Once you have your team there's no going back!

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG