The online racing simulator
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Czech 1 - 0 Scotland (aka Football 1 - 0 Anti-football)

Thats it. International football is now dead to me. Don't get me wrong, I love my country and want them to do well all the time, but I can no longer follow this team anymore.

It's not like I'm a glory hunter chasing the teams who win, I've always backed the crap teams. From Newcastle United throwing the premiership away in the 1995/1996 season to the relegation season off 2008. I've followed County across the country travelling on average a 8 hour round trip to watch them play in freezing conditions and losing..I was there when Gretna won the league at the same time we got relegated to the 2nd division and stayed to applaud Gretna getting the trophey, and I was there the next season, pre-season and all. One thing that is constant is that I follow teams who play football.

But I can not, and will not watch a team who start a game without a sodding striker. I know Scotland aint got players who can set the world on fire...heck we strugle to do the simple stuff, but I still expect us to attempt something other than sitting deep and punting the ball to no-one up front. Spain on Tuesday and can only expect a 6-4-0 formation with 2 players on the post all the time.

Can't say more than that. The thing that sticks in my throat is that Harry Potter actually has some decent talent there, he's just too scared to use it.
Quote from Fastwalker : We really arent that bad u know

I know and I agree with you there:

Quote from Fastwalker :I'd say Austria is about the same level as us.
And if we have a good day, we can beat turkey at home.

Quote from Fastwalker :Gotta love Ozil btw, easily top5 attacking mid's in the world atm.
What was going on with him and Altintop tho?

I guess Altintop was angry that he chose to play for Germany instead of Turkey.

Just some stupid interviws that aren't needed and just provoque more useless rivalry between the fans. Özil was booed every time he had the ball. :thumbsdow
Scotland was so defensive... sometimes it was like 8, 9 players inside the box, quite scary. And yet they scored two goals against the mighty world champions. Too bad Llorente had another plans... The atmosphere was awesome though.

So I wasn't able to watch the Wembley match, what about the English team? 0-0 would say everything is the same as lately, but is that the case?
Quote from 91mason91 :Im not a glory hunter either

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108923&d=1284855297

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108943&d=1284900079

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=108995&d=1285086350

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=109087&d=1285449142

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=109167&d=1285710911

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... d=109351&d=1286575049

Quote from xr4x4rs :wow what a cool looking car mate, i couldnt of built one better myself, thats exactly how i would of done mine, can you tell me the full spec of it please as i really want to copy it right down the last nut and bolt

or i could just copy a picture and plaster it around the internet and say its my car?

i'd say you are a glory hunter
^^ glory hunter?
i must hand it to Scotland, they score 2 goal at world cup winners and make almost a draw out of it but yet they lose to czech? maybe they not drinked enough?
See, last nights performance makes Friday nights performance even worse.

Did not see the whole game (I decided to punish myself by going to Footy training for the first time in 5+ years) but came back just after we scored our first. This time we had the right tactics playing a 4-5-1 and getting support up front. We could have got a draw but credit to Spain, they moved up a gear to get the winner.

I doubt that Spain will have a tougher game in the qualifiers than last nights game.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :See, last nights performance makes Friday nights performance even worse.

Did not see the whole game (I decided to punish myself by going to Footy training for the first time in 5+ years) but came back just after we scored our first. This time we had the right tactics playing a 4-5-1 and getting support up front. We could have got a draw but credit to Spain, they moved up a gear to get the winner.

I doubt that Spain will have a tougher game in the qualifiers than last nights game.

Lithuania gave Spain a run for their money as well. Certainly wasnt a walk over... Considering Lithuania are only just getting into Football.
Quote from DevilDare :

Lithuania gave Spain a run for their money as well. Certainly wasnt a walk over... Considering Lithuania are only just getting into Football.

3-1 wasn't it, with Spain taking the lead first of all and then regaining the advantage 2 minutes after it going 1-1.

I'm not saying that Spain didn't have it tough that night, but Scotland did run them closer than Lithuania did and I think Spain should easily get full points from the Czech games.
Hahah, awesome!
Saw that goal live. What a ****ing goal! Smash it and hope
do you think it was a shot or a defensive clearance?
Quote from dadge :do you think it was a shot or a defensive clearance?

That's what i was wondering too
Fabregas scored a similar goal last month I think when playing against Sunderland.

It was a defensive clearance but Fabregas got his foot in the way, and it just flew past the goal keeper.

Anyway, according to Wenger, he will finally take "Carling cup seriously". Here is to hope Arsenal wins against Newcastle then.
Quote from DevilDare :Fabregas scored a similar goal last month I think when playing against Sunderland.

It was a defensive clearance but Fabregas got his foot in the way, and it just flew past the goal keeper.

Anyway, according to Wenger, he will finally take "Carling cup seriously". Here is to hope Arsenal wins against Newcastle then.

iirc, fabrigas' was alot closer. his goal was a deflection from a defensive clearance. whereas this one looked semi shot. if you think about it, you would have to really smack that ball to get it to travel the distance.
either way, it's what makes football awesome.
i loved chicharitos (utd) mid air reverse flick back header goal thingy me bob.
Quote from dadge :iirc, fabrigas' was alot closer.

Yeah. You're right. Looking at it now, it was quite a lot closer actually.
Why is it always such an ordeal to watch Arsenal play Barca...
Quote from DevilDare :Why is it always such an ordeal to watch Arsenal play Barca...

Did not understand that..

It's a great match so far, Arsenal is holding it's own, it should've been 1-1..
Oh come on. First 20 mins were great from Arsenal, then as usual everything started to fall apart, especially after the goal. I dont think we managed to string more than 3 passes without getting intercepted.

Barca as usual playing beautiful football.
I couldn't find a stream till late in the first half, watched the highlights later.. it seemed Arsenal had very decent chances.. Get real, it's Barca after all
Quote from Boris Lozac :I couldn't find a stream till late in the first half, watched the highlights later.. it seemed Arsenal had very decent chances.. Get real, it's Barca after all

Yeah, in the first 20mins. But then, it was a slippery slope.

Oh well. Here is for more of that good interval in the second half.
Amazing barca, and the early Messi chance was a great one but.. doesnt seem good for gunners
Yes! What a beauty from Van Persie! Amazing.

Amazing second half from Arsenal so far. Come on!
Hell yes! Arshavin!

Arsenal!!!

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG