The online racing simulator
:sadbanana
2nd half is starting promising.
Hmm, choice between Germany or "The Chosen One" for my support.

It's Germany. Even if they did knock Man U out...
F*** off!

Main thing that pissed me off was imbecile lithuanian commentator who was 6 feet into "special one" arse. FFS.
Inter was better today so a deserved victory.

The game itself though... if it wasn't the CL final, I would call it boring. Inter relied on counterattacks and Bayern wasn't able to create anything dangerous.
No idea how they even managed to reach the final.
Bayern were lucky to beat Fiorentina and Manchester United and were totally out thought and classed today... their reliance on Robben was amazing.
Quote from kalev est :inter was better today so a deserved victory.

The game itself though... If it wasn't the cl final, i would call it boring. Inter relied on counterattacks and bayern wasn't able to create anything dangerous.

+1 :/

I want them to win FOR ONCE and in THAT game, they lose.
Robben was very selfish IMO. The amount of times he carried the ball from his wing to the middle and tried to score is crazy... The man needs to learn to pass the ball...
Quote from DevilDare :Robben was very selfish IMO. The amount of times he carried the ball from his wing to the middle and tried to score is crazy... The man needs to learn to pass the ball...

Well, that's what he is supposed to do. And the 2 or 3 only real chances that Bayern got were a result of that.
He didnt even hit the target.... Surely if it doesnt work the first couple of times you should try something else...

Inter deserved it. They actually looked like they belong in the final...
Quote from DevilDare :Robben was very selfish IMO. The amount of times he carried the ball from his wing to the middle and tried to score is crazy... The man needs to learn to pass the ball...

A striker who is not selfish, is a poor striker.

Didn't watch the game as I figured that this would be the result. Inter looked good from the moment they played Chelsea in the knockout stages. They don't play nice football, a Mourinho team never does, and where too strong for Bayern attack.
Quote from Gills4life :No, I mean League 2, look at the football league. Championship, league one, league two. Division 4 was scrapped with the introduction of the premier league in 1992. League two is however the 4th tier in English football, the old division 3 post '92/93 season. Understand? Wishful thinking.

It's Division 4, it is the 4 tier Division, therefore Division 4. Quit bouncin off the name of it, you sound like a Manc in doing so.
In my post I do say it's the 4th tier in English football but it is no longer called 4th division, therefore League 2 it is. You were the one being picky about the name in the first place you bean.

Great shout at comparing me to a Manc btw! Oh wait, no, that was daft.
If you were to explain to someone who wasn't aware of the English tier names, then you would only end up saying "well it's basically the 4th division" after they looked at you bemused finding that it goes in a strange order.
But I was talking to somebody that understands the tiers of English football, which you were completely aware of I'm sure. You were just trying to be a smartass. Big fail!
Quote from Gills4life :But I was talking to somebody that understands the tiers of English football, which you were completely aware of I'm sure. You were just trying to be a smartass. Big fail!

The big fail is saying it's league 2, when it isn't league 2, because it's league 4. It's just because the general population of football fans are happy that way. A name change means alot to some people. The name means nothing, it's DIV4 and that's the end of it. It's like they renamed Moto GP 250 to MOTO2 , it's still Moto GP 250 (as-in that it's the second tier [ignore the fact the bikes went from 250cc to 600cc]) and it always will be. Regardless of it's name change. The rules of football don't change, so not even the name of the league matters at all, it only matters in terms of skill. They did a bad job of renaming everything. They called the Championship so to keep the Div2 punters happy because they weren't in Division 1 same for the rest. The stupid thing is, since they changed the statistics (much like F1's current point system) shitty teams can now beat the teams records for how many times they have won "Coca Cola League 1" which is supposed to be now the old Division 1.
Quote from BlueFlame :The rules of football don't change, so not even the name of the league matters at all

The rules of football have changed somewhat. http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/Frules.htm

Also, if the name of the league doesn't matter at all, why are you making such a fuss about it?

Quote from BlueFlame :The big fail is saying it's league 2, when it isn't league 2, because it's league 4.

Well no not really. I mean yes if you were to call the Premiership 'league 1' then it would be, but it's not. It's called the Premiership. If you said league 4 to most English football supporters they wouldn't be completely sure of which division that you meant without an explanation, since it's now known as League 2 mate. Same as if you kept calling the Premiership, 'division 1' or 'league 1'.

Quote from bunder9999 :this is why i can't watch soccer... and now i must endure months of the world cup.

Maybe try concentrating on the fun and exciting parts of football instead of moaning about the 0,01% of players who cheat?

Or just don'twatch it/ignore it.

It works.

But I have good news for you: The World Cup is only 1 month long.
Quote from zeugnimod :Or just don't watch it/ignore it.

i could do that, but try finding a sports bar that doesn't run soccer.
Don't go to sport bars for 4 weeks.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG