The online racing simulator
And Tim Howard is on FIRE, he's kept the US clearly in the game.
feck
****!!
Nooooooo!
/cuts
Screw you Brazil

So wanted USA to win
:haha:

On a side note: grats USA, well played!

And now we'll have to keep the stupidest coach ever. Crap.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Come on it's the Confederations Cup...most of the sides couldn't give a crap

you can clearly see how little that meant to Brazil....
Quote from BlueFlame :I disagree. Spain were very dejected when they lost to USA, they totally screwed up and payed for it. Either way it's good practice for the work up to the world cup, so why would anyone not play their best if they are trying to prove their performances?

Considering now that the holders of the Cup does not automatically get into the finals and play in the qualifying groups, the only benefit for the Confederations Cup is to the host nation. Even then I question about the level of 'competitive football' that has been on offer. Of course they look dejected, but it's not going to hurt like a World Cup defeat.

Incidentally, I'm I the only one fearing the worst for the 2010...I for 1 would be glad if Scotland don't make it and I would not have to make the decision on whether to travel out or not

Quote from The Moose :That's crap. Every team there will have wanted to win it. No professional sportsman wants to loose, whatever the competition.

I get what you are saying, but at the end of a long season for many of them, would they really be cut up about losing the Confederations Cup?

Believe it or not, there is too much football going on. The Europa cup now looks like a mini champions league, we have the World Club Championships and the this Confederation Cup. All off this football diminishes any new competition and devalues some games, to the point where I'm glad that it is end of the season and I have 4-5 weeks of waiting for the pre-season games to take place for County.
Brazil played a great second half, totally deserved to win. Too many weapons, too little defense on our side, and absolutely no offense.

Well, at least they have something to work toward for the Cup.
Tim Howard is still the man, though.
Wowzers - this brings back memories:

BBC Commentator, Steve Wilson, before the Confederations Cup Semi-Final.

"If the USA qualify, I'll eat my hat."

Brazil, oh yeah
Was in a restaurant watching the game, everyone celebrated Brazil, it was a great game! take that USA!
Mexico did real well, Chano. Congrats on that.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Mexico did real well, Chano. Congrats on that.

Sarcasm? dude, i hate the USA football team, you know why? the ego they have, the racism comments Landon Donovan has made thru his career against Mexico etc etc. And Mexico sucks in football...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Mexico did real well, Chano. Congrats on that.

I watched the second half, they didn't do well IMO, the team is not very organized because our technical director is testing new formations and new players... sucks.
Fantastic game! But, but, when did you yankees learned to play football? It's like over night! You even don't know how the sport is called..
Final of the U21 European Cup is starting now.

Germany FTW!!
Quote from chanoman315 :Sarcasm? dude, i hate the USA football team, you know why? the ego they have, the racism comments Landon Donovan has made thru his career against Mexico etc etc. And Mexico sucks in football...

I've not seen any ego from the US team, personally. As for Landon Donovan, I haven't been following him long enough to know much about his personality, any comments he may have made, etc. Care to point me to a source?
Should have post this yesterday but forgot...

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Man, that second goal was gorgeous.

Funny how similar it was to the brazilian goal on the first game against US... when Beasley let the ball through after the corner.

At the moment I noticed we lost the ball and the counter attack was coming, I was cheering for you to score.

Like I said, Brazil was easily the better team that game (just about even in the first half but unluckier, and far superior in the second half when we had no offense whatsoever). I can only hope we can compete better next year.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I've not seen any ego from the US team, personally. As for Landon Donovan, I haven't been following him long enough to know much about his personality, any comments he may have made, etc. Care to point me to a source?

He once pee'ed on Estadio Azteca's grass! I mean, geez! Yes he did, like a dog!
A deserved 1-0 after the first half.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG