The online racing simulator
Quote from de Souza : just want what's fair.

Fairness will never happen in football until Big Sepp gives referees TV referal abilities.
So when will King Kenny get the sack from Liverpool then? If this was Roy Hodgson the Kop would be screaming for him to be dunted.
Two penalties which make no sense, referee which could judge some 4th mongolian league matches, 14yo gloryhunters in facebook and dumb sluts who have no sense in football, just typing OOH BARCA BARCA OOOHH I LOVE THEM BECAUSE THEY WIN all over the place.

Quote from TexasLTU : 14yo gloryhunters in facebook and dumb sluts who have no sense in football, just typing OOH BARCA BARCA OOOHH I LOVE THEM BECAUSE THEY WIN all over the place.

In the UK we call those Manchester United fans.
So sick of the fcking Farca, arghhhh. That was disgracefull, and who the fck is that referee?!
Again, why is it a scandal to love Barcelona? They play the best football on the planet, obviously plenty of people are going to watch. It's nothing to do with glory hunting, it's about appreciating the brilliant football they play. Fair enough tonights game had a dodgy penalty (Messi getting taken down was a stonewaller, other one was dodgy), but it also had a brilliant goal and there could have been many more.

It seems to be that it's fashionable or cool or something to hate successful clubs, you carry on getting annoyed at them, I'l keep watching the pinnacle of football.

By the way, Man Utd are scum, don't ever compare Barca to Man Utd again you ****ing idiot.
No Deko, really, they are fcking annoying, they play their stupid combinations ALL the time, it's so sickening to watch that goddamn moves and plays every single game, SHOOT the ball outside the box for fcks sake, just once! Yes their play works, but it's always the same shit, i would much prefer to watch Milan - Real for example, then El Classico for the 15th time this season..
Well I'm sure they're saying something along the lines of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'
When Barca are playing well they are a joy to watch. I didn't think they played especially well last night.
Quote from Boris Lozac :No Deko, really, they are fcking annoying, they play their stupid combinations ALL the time, it's so sickening to watch that goddamn moves and plays every single game, SHOOT the ball outside the box for fcks sake, just once! Yes their play works, but it's always the same shit, i would much prefer to watch Milan - Real for example, then El Classico for the 15th time this season..

I always try and refrain from responding to the critics of Barca's style but this takes the piss. To help I've highlighted the obvious argument against your petty and ill informed rant.

Honestly, Barca play a nice style of attacking football, they create space by stretching the defence and pulling them out of position, thus allowing runs from within the midfield into the box creating genuine goal scoring chances. Every player in that team is comfortable with the ball at their feet, even on the weaker foot, and they are willing to close down the ball whenever it's lost. Often the case that a Barca player is no further than 5 yards from the ball at any one time, even when it a long diagonal ball. Why is that a bad why of playing football, I'll love to see your argument against it.

Put it simply would you rather see your team work the ball well and create space to where players get into the box and create good chances, or play the long ball from the defence over your midfield to a lone striker who attempts a long range effort 25 yards from goal that 9 times out of 10, end up in the stands?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Put it simply would you rather see your team work the ball well and create space to where players get into the box and create good chances, or play the long ball from the defence over your midfield to a lone striker who attempts a long range effort 25 yards from goal that 9 times out of 10, end up in the stands?

Offcourse not, but they have an open shot SO many times, and they never fckin shoot, it's like they are trying to humiliate the oponnent or something, sorry but i find them very annoying. And that passing beetwean two players 4 or 5 times on the small space, you tell me that's not irritating..
-
Quote from Boris Lozac :Offcourse not, but they have an open shot SO many times, and they never fckin shoot, it's like they are trying to humiliate the oponnent or something, sorry but i find them very annoying. And that passing beetwean two players 4 or 5 times on the small space, you tell me that's not irritating..

Yeah it's irritating.......if your the opposition, but as a neutral and a fan of good football when Barca are on fire they are stunning to watch, even at 70% they still, imo, a good watch.

What they do well is ball retention, your never going to concede if you have the ball, and so what if they turn down the less chance of scoring a goal outside the box, when they go looking for the bigger chance of being 1-on-1 with the keeper. Anyone who has played the sport (11 a side at amateur level for instance) will surely understand the importance of keeping the ball, it has nothing to do with embarrassing or humiliating the opposition at all.

It just seems to be the 'thing' to do, to criticise Barcelona for the way they play football. In my mind that's like trying to criticise footage of Jim Clark driving a Lotus 49 at it's limits around Spa right on the limits by saying that it could be done better by Jason Plato.
You saw how Real plays football? On that Kaka goal Barca would probably make it look like it's going to shoot then fake it into a pass to a 1 on 1 with the keeper..
http://www.zonalmarking.net/20 ... f-the-passing-midfielder/

Anyone who doesn't understand the Pep way, simply doesn't understand Football in it's purest form. I love watching them, until you get the diving v Madrid. It's strange, I never ever enjoy those games, nor the 09 and 11 Champions League finals , but the Madrid games usually decend into niggly fouls and diving.

Against Madrid, there will eventually be a time where a non spanish ref is in charge, and then I expect Madrid might win. Could be this seasons European Cup Final, as I fully expect the Barca era to be ended by Jose and his Madrid men. But we will see, history will be made in Germany in 2012 one way or another!
I like the way Barca plays, but it's like Redbull with Vettel in F1. If they win too much, it gets annoying and kills my interest in that sport (or particular league in this case). So, for once, i hope they'll fail, it is possible. Even Plzen gave them hard time in group stage, until they went one man short.
What a **** Balotelli is. Disgraceful tackle...
Which one?

Anyway, City title implosion complete.
Quote from CSF :

Anyway, City title implosion complete.

Jesus christ what a dickhead. That kind of tacle deserves a lifetime ban.
What a dick. I've just read that Mancini is putting him off squad... yet he still claims he's a good chap.

http://i.qkme.me/35ecjj.jpg
I don't know how that idiot haven't got some serious beating outside the stadium for all this time, someone has to do it before he ruins someone career.
I used to like Balotelli but after that attempted stamp on Scott Parker's face I changed my mind. He has a real nasty streak.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I used to like Balotelli but after that attempted stamp on Scott Parker's face I changed my mind. He has a real nasty streak.

He plays like a schizophrenic, extremely talented but every now and again spoils everything by thinking there's zombies after him.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Right, this may be my last post on .....People ask why I love football, I point to moments like this, moments that can not be explained but other fans can associate, regardless of what team they support. By the way, I make no apologies for the rambling post, I'm too excited to care.

OH TO, OH TO BE, OH TO BE A.....STAGGIE.

Now I know what some of you are thinking, you're thinking "Hey Mackie....why quote a post from almost 2 years back...have you gone mad"

Well not quite. First of all I've been tested and called crazy... not mad (there is a little difference, being mad gets you locked up, being crazy gets you put in goals) but secondly is that until tonight, this was the best day I had supporting County. Back then we where going to a national final, a small team in the north of Scotland was going to fight for one of the oldest cup competitions in the UK. As it turned out we lost 3-0 that day, but the feeling stayed with me and with it what I thought was as good as it got.

Tonight however,that feeling came back. Due to the season we have being having and results that have gone our way...Ross County are now in the SPL. 20 years ago, the club nearly folded while in the Highland league playing away games to the likes of Wick Academy and Fort William. We are the first ex-Highland League side to make it to the top leagues and will now face the likes of Rangers (if they are still here) Celtic, Heart, Hibs, Aberdeen and more importantly Caley. I can't really explain what it's like, but it feels sooooooo good.

Saturday will be a very very drunk day up in the Highlands. I make my apologies now in case I get PC access later on in the weekend.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG