The online racing simulator
Quote from Stig209 :hate both of the teams which were in the final and the more annoying won, so what could be worse...
where's the german football when you need it most??

Yeah because the best thing to see in football is the most entertaining team on the planet, and probably the best team ever, versus a team of forgettable but well
organised defenders that play the anti football to barcelona's pure football and try to keep things as dull as possible for as long as possible.

Perhaps you were being sarcastic. If you find barcelona annoying, it surely cannot be for anything they do when they play football (they don't even dive any more than most teams).
Quote from sinbad :

Perhaps you were being sarcastic. If you find barcelona annoying, it surely cannot be for anything they do when they play football.

+1
They play so smoooth and slick it's amazing. It's awesome to watch them play like that, especially up against quite a good defence (Vidic, Ferdinand(!)
Quote from sinbad :(they don't even dive any more than most teams).

i disagree with that, take a look how sergio busquets (however it should be written) dives on every match. and there is couple of very hilarious dives on youtube. and then there's dani alves, one of the most annoying players on planet. and almost forgot alessandro "mouse" iniesta.
Just don't like the spanish way to play football, even though it beats by far our own finnish football
But teams like arsenal, chelsea and bayern münchen plays quality football

and yes you can disagree with me!
Quote from Stig209 :i disagree with that, take a look how sergio busquets (however it should be written) dives on every match. and there is couple of very hilarious dives on youtube. and then there's dani alves, one of the most annoying players on planet. and almost forgot alessandro "mouse" iniesta.
Just don't like the spanish way to play football, even though it beats by far our own finnish football
But teams like arsenal, chelsea and bayern münchen plays quality football

and yes you can disagree with me!

What you like is what you like

Each of the teams you mention has players that are supposedly notorious for going over eagerly to win fouls, as do most tbh.
I'm an Arsenal fan. I love watching Arsenal, when they are on form they are exciting, but really they aspire to play that style of football at the standard which Barcelona are currently displaying. No other team can pass the ball as well or attack with such speed or dominate the field in such a way that the other team stop chasing to get it back because they most likely won't anyway. They put such pressure on their opponents when they do eventually give it back to them that more often than not they hurriedly rush to break away or simply hoof it back up the pitch.

Plus Messi, who with the ball at his feet is by far the best player in the world.
Ok it's a dirty job but someone has to talk about the Copa América (America Cup) 2011, which is happening in Argentina. If you're not familiar, the Copa América is a South American competition with national teams (plus some invitees).

So this edition has been... poor. I mean terrible, awful. We're already in the late stages of the competition, and I can remember one or two decent games. Goals have been rare, the ball has been treated like shit, players thought they could win by their names alone.

So now we'll have the semifinals, with Peru vs. Uruguay and Paraguay vs. Venezuela. Brief words about the quarter finals:
La Celeste Olímpica, fourth in the last World Cup, won against Argentina in an epic battle decided on the penalty kicks. Muslera, the Uruguayan goalkeeper, was a true hero that managed to do several nearly impossible saves throughout the match, something you don't see that often. If I'd had to recommend a game for you guys to watch, that would be it. Or you can go with the one below, for the lolz.

Brazil vs. Paraguay on another quarter final had a similar story - only more boring and with no goals. Playing some miserable football, the Brazilian team tried to put pressure on the Paraguayan defense for the whole match but failed to score every time, with some laughable attempts. The white/red side had a somewhat good defensive game, and not much more. The worst was about the come, though: on the penalty kicks, the yellow side managed to not score any goals, with only one shoot going in the right direction! Paraguay made two goals, and went through to the semis.
I guess we (Brazil) will have to realize sooner or later that we're not that good anymore (for some time now). The good players are getting old/retiring, and with one or two exceptions, our new generation is ok at best.

Venezuela won against Chile, in an awful match. Peru won against Colombia, in a goddawful match!

My bets are on Uruguay now.

Edit: Oh, I nearly forgot! Messi made a couple of good games with his national team!
I dont watch it live but I check highlights and it seems like its just going on against the odds.. and the way Brazilian players were blaming the penalty spot for missing their penalties was just funny
That too!
Premier League is back.

Me as an Arsenal fan.

Its going to be a long season...
ChelseaPool ya'll, Hope Liverpool does well.

ie Chelsea Liverpool

I just cant root for Man U, three of my close friends already like Man U.
Dont think Arsenal will go high. This is one of those seasons when I think that Chelsea will win 'coz the new manager AVB looks promising.
Barton... what a ****.

He needs treatment for his anger issues. Bloody idiot.
Quote from DevilDare :Barton... what a ****.

Well considering Song should have gone for his tackle on Barton....consider it something wrong being put to right.
It should be 10v10 at the moment with Gervinho still on, and Song with Barton getting an early shower...
Quote from DevilDare :It should be 10v10 at the moment with Gervinho still on, and Song with Barton getting an early shower...

Gervinho raised his hands and made contact above the chest...no matter how hard that 'hit' was, under the laws of the game that is a straight red card. Song went for Joeys ankles, with little or no intent to play the ball, thats a red for dangerous play.

Now since I only got back in time to watch the second half there may have been something in the first half I missed, but I don't think Joey has done anything to warrent a Red card.
What the hell?

Gervinho WAS fouled legitimately. Whether it deserved a penalty or not, is another discussion, however, there was no need from Burton to rush up to him and start a scuffle. That alone deserved a red card. He kicked it all off... Of course he deserved to go.

Scumbag Barton, complains about diving, dives to a slap... Wasn't even a damn slap...

Utter cock he is.

As for the game, better than expected. Dominant first 45minutes, so-so in the second. Plenty of good football and passing midfield, but once again, no one to finish it all off. Gervinho looks promising, might just need to get used to the new club / premier football.
God his hairstyle is annoying!
Quote from DevilDare :What the hell?

Gervinho WAS fouled legitimately. Whether it deserved a penalty or not, is another discussion, however, there was no need from Burton to rush up to him and start a scuffle. That alone deserved a red card. He kicked it all off... Of course he deserved to go.

Scumbag Burton, complains about diving, dives to a slap... Wasn't even a damn slap...

Utter cock he is.

Yeah no...as soon as I typed that I thought I had something wrong...I blame the fact I've been out in the sun all day (In Scotland its a rare thing so enjoy when possible)

Yeah, maybe Joey could have got more, but I dont think the ref has done much wrong with his interpation of the rulling. Contact on the chest is
only a yellow card but Gervinho hit back above the chest....red card.

Still, up to that point I don't think he did anything to deserve a red card. So we could easily say it should have been 10v9 instead of 11v10.

BTW hope Song gets reffered to the FA committe, but it's all down to what the ref puts in his report.
...anyway, as some of yous might have heard, Barton has anger issues so this is no suprise to me and why the heck is he still at Newcastle? He said he wanted to leave. QPR started the league nicely,beaten 4-0 on home soil and Liverpool got off to a great start, a draw at home against Sunderland.
Quote from sjava :...anyway, as some of yous might have heard, Barton has anger issues so this is no suprise to me and why the heck is he still at Newcastle? He said he wanted to leave. QPR started the league nicely,beaten 4-0 on home soil and Liverpool got off to a great start, a draw at home against Sunderland.

He's never said he wanted to leave, the opposite is true, he's repeated a number of times his desire to stay. As for the Anger issues, well I remember a game last season when Wolves went out and tried everything (and I mean everything) to get him to snap. They fouled him over and over againg, kicked him and stamped on him yet he did nothing.

Sure he's being a grade A numpty and fud, but he is trying to sort himself out and thats why last season he was Newcastles player of the season
But there are occasions when he just looses it and yet,those occasions have been many. Maybe im wrong with the ''leaving stuff'' but he has said that he's unhappy with the club board.

Also:
Quote :On 25 May 2011, Barton's agent confirmed that his client would not be signing a new contract at St.James' Park after contract talks broke down between the club and player. Barton was officially transfer listed by Newcastle on 1 August 2011, and it was also stated that he could leave for free with his current contract yet to expire.

Quote from sjava :But there are occasions when he just looses it and yet,those occasions have been many. Maybe im wrong with the ''leaving stuff'' but he has said that he's unhappy with the club board.

Also:

Oh he's unhappy with the way it's run and Newcatles Transfer policy (bye bye our best players, hello unkown and untested frenchies) but has said that he wants to remain a Newcastle player.
I love Arsenal to death but I think they are going to be decrepid this year.
Manchester United's new keeper seems to think hes playing for Arsenal.
..yeah, now he is definately going to be under pressure. It almost seemed as if Long just rolled it into the goal.

btw, disappointing for Chelsea but Stoke aint easy place to go to.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG