The online racing simulator
This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. 8 game ban for insulting another player during a football game... Seriously?!

This kind of an overreaction doesn't reduce racism, it makes it worse.

Suarez is an ****, Evra is a little bitch and the FA is full of idiots.
Agree, and Balotelli for nearly making a guy blind gets 4 game ban.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Agree, and Balotelli for nearly making a guy blind gets 4 game ban.

Ballotelli is a little prick.
Quote from BlueFlame :Ballotelli is a little prick.

But it is funny listening to what is he going to do next, either blow up his house or show his middle finger to the supporters.
I liked Balotelli until that stamp on Parker's face. That could've been horrific, he deserved a longer ban IMO.
Rangers in administration... BEST NEWS EVER!!
Quote from CSF :Rangers in administration... BEST NEWS EVER!!

You're right, if what you're wanting is the death of Scottish football, then it is the best news ever. However, if you're not a ****ing idiot, Rangers going into administration is good for no-one. Best case scenario, Celtic win everything for the next 10+ years and no-one gives a **** about Scottish Football anymore. Worst case, Celtic will go down the pan just as bad as rangers and the rest of the teams will be right behind them.
Quote from Kalev EST :This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. 8 game ban for insulting another player during a football game... Seriously?!

This kind of an overreaction doesn't reduce racism, it makes it worse.

Suarez is an ****, Evra is a little bitch and the FA is full of idiots.

Spot on.

The whole situation is absurd. It's a media led frenzy that has done nothing to help the issue of racism in football whatsoever.

Having read every page of the 120 page report by the kangaroo court i can only conclude it's a farce of the highest order. If the case had gone to a civil court like the John Terry case, it would be laughed out of court. There is no way that Suarez would have been convicted.

Let me make it clear..if i thought Suarez was racist i would want him out of the club immediately. I do not condone racism in the slightest.

The whole handshake issue has been completely blown out of proportion as well.

As usual, John Barnes, the victim of some of the most offensive racist behavior I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing, speaks the most sense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_Im6kq7uY
As a Man Utd fan, I do mostly agree with The Moose, especially with

Quote from The Moose :If the case had gone to a civil court like the John Terry case, it would be laughed out of court. There is no way that Suarez would have been convicted.

I still think Suarez is acting like a bit of a child though, if he'd have shaken Evra's hand (like a professional) then another word wouldn't have been spoken of it. Even Standard Chartered (L'pool's sponsors) are getting involved now.

EDIT: And of course he had to shake his hand cos Sepp Blatter says shaking hands solves racism.
Quote from DeKo :You're right, if what you're wanting is the death of Scottish football, then it is the best news ever. However, if you're not a ****ing idiot, Rangers going into administration is good for no-one. Best case scenario, Celtic win everything for the next 10+ years and no-one gives a **** about Scottish Football anymore. Worst case, Celtic will go down the pan just as bad as rangers and the rest of the teams will be right behind them.

No one gives a damn anyway. You'll find Scottish football has been on life support machine for some time anyway, and at the heart of the problem is Rangers. Sorry, it's the truth. Sometimes the truth stings some people.
Quote from CSF :No one gives a damn anyway. You'll find Scottish football has been on life support machine for some time anyway, and at the heart of the problem is Rangers. Sorry, it's the truth. Sometimes the truth stings some people.

Please explain how Rangers are the cause of Scottish football being shit? I'd love to hear what bullshit you come up with.
I'm not sure how they can't be blamed. The spending in the mid 90's alienated so many clubs, eventually taking as much of whatever TV cash came in at the time, and it's finally caught up with them. It's fun to watch, as it's been coming for such a long time. £55m is probably more than the rest of the league makes in a year combined... and that was what Rangers cheated HMRC out of in just 2 or 3 years!

Quote from CSF :I'm not sure how they can't be blamed. The spending in the mid 90's alienated so many clubs, eventually taking as much of whatever TV cash came in at the time, and it's finally caught up with them. It's fun to watch, as it's been coming for such a long time. £55m is probably more than the rest of the league makes in a year combined... and that was what Rangers cheated HMRC out of in just 2 or 3 years!

So it's Rangers (and Celtics) own fault that they spent a few quid, your logic is ****ing unbelievable. Don't worry anyway, your shitty little pub team will be next. At least we have some success to look back on and be proud of, what do you have?
Yes it is.... they spent money they didn't have... hence why Rangers went into administration today..... do keep up.....
Quote from CSF :Yes it is.... they spent money they didn't have... hence why Rangers went into administration today..... do keep up.....

So what, you're confusing yourself, first spending the money ruined scottish football, now it didn't, it only affected Rangers? Go and **** yourself CSF, it's a better use of your time, obviously your brain isn't engaging anyway.
For people, wo don't understand a thing, what did just happen to Rangers? They went into a huge debt?
It's unpaid tax and penalties for the unpaid tax, rather than borrowing.

Same sort of thing that happened to Portsmouth I think, HMRC have said that they will be looking closer at football clubs and their creative accounting.
Quote from DeKo :You're right, if what you're wanting is the death of Scottish football, then it is the best news ever. However, if you're not a ****ing idiot, Rangers going into administration is good for no-one. Best case scenario, Celtic win everything for the next 10+ years and no-one gives a **** about Scottish Football anymore. Worst case, Celtic will go down the pan just as bad as rangers and the rest of the teams will be right behind them.

Because Scottish Football is all about the Old Firm isn't it....

Rangers going to the wall would affect the SPL and SPL only....not the whole of Scottish football as you arrogantly think. The SFL which get next to no money from the TV deal as it currently stands will still continue, and the teams there are much better placed to deal with a sudden change in finances than any SPL side.

Scottish football needs a restructure but recent discussions to increase change the top league in Scottish football was hindered because of the over reliance on the Old Firm. In fact it was Rangers and Celtic who suggested it to go BACK down to 10 teams because they could cut costs and get more TV money for themselves....to hell with what the fans want.

I've worked closely with my local side Ross County via fans days and knowing a few insiders...the amount of stories I've heard of promising young players going to the Old Firm and then being wasted is a crying shame. The brightest in a dull pack of players we have just now in our national set up have had NO involvement with the Old Firm (Snodgrass/Goodwillie/McArthur/Morrision/Fletcher/Rhodes and my local boy Cowie)

Scottish Football will survive with one or both of the ugly sisters missing, it will not be easy and other casualties will occur (Hearts & Dundee being possible candidates due to previous history) and it will take time...but to say that if Rangers go then so does Scottish football is wide of the mark.
Quote from Bean0 :It's unpaid tax and penalties for the unpaid tax, rather than borrowing.

Same sort of thing that happened to Portsmouth I think, HMRC have said that they will be looking closer at football clubs and their creative accounting.

.... who've gone into administration AGAIN
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :
Scottish Football will survive with one or both of the ugly sisters missing, it will not be easy and other casualties will occur (Hearts & Dundee being possible candidates due to previous history) and it will take time...but to say that if Rangers go then so does Scottish football is wide of the mark.

I can't see either Rangers or Celtic completely ceasing to exist in some form. Even if they are shut down completely, you know a new club will spring up in the exact same place, with the exact same fans, an almost identical name, and wearing the same colors. And where there are large numbers of fans, there is money. Would be a different club structure, but it will still be Rangers, since the persona of teams is tied into the fanbase and area so much.

See: AFC Wimbledon
Quote from DeKo :So what, you're confusing yourself, first spending the money ruined scottish football, now it didn't, it only affected Rangers? Go and **** yourself CSF, it's a better use of your time, obviously your brain isn't engaging anyway.

No, the money did destroy Scottish football as the other clubs, who were pretty competitive with the Old Firm, suddenly had no chance of competing, and now Rangers little tax hiding scheme has been blown apart and they have to pay back even more on top of the debt that they have already. Shame. Nit.

Quote from Bean0 :It's unpaid tax and penalties for the unpaid tax, rather than borrowing.

Not quite true, Rangers have yet to lose that case. The reason they are actually going into Administration just now is because they can no longer service their existing debt. It's fair to say they probably are pre-empting losing the court case with HMRC too though.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Because Scottish Football is all about the Old Firm isn't it....

Rangers going to the wall would affect the SPL and SPL only....not the whole of Scottish football as you arrogantly think. The SFL which get next to no money from the TV deal as it currently stands will still continue, and the teams there are much better placed to deal with a sudden change in finances than any SPL side.

Scottish football needs a restructure but recent discussions to increase change the top league in Scottish football was hindered because of the over reliance on the Old Firm. In fact it was Rangers and Celtic who suggested it to go BACK down to 10 teams because they could cut costs and get more TV money for themselves....to hell with what the fans want.

I've worked closely with my local side Ross County via fans days and knowing a few insiders...the amount of stories I've heard of promising young players going to the Old Firm and then being wasted is a crying shame. The brightest in a dull pack of players we have just now in our national set up have had NO involvement with the Old Firm (Snodgrass/Goodwillie/McArthur/Morrision/Fletcher/Rhodes and my local boy Cowie)

Yep. 100% correct. Let's hope County don't throw away the lead they have just now. Would be good to see a fresh face in the SPL, especially as it's a properly run club.
Quote from DeKo :So it's Rangers (and Celtics) own fault that they spent a few quid, your logic is ****ing unbelievable. Don't worry anyway, your shitty little pub team will be next. At least we have some success to look back on and be proud of, what do you have?

I missed your lovely edit. I dunno, being the last Scottish team to win a European trophy and beating Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to do it seems like quite an achievement. Before Rangers financial doping of course.
-
(sjava) DELETED by sjava

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG