The online racing simulator
Chelsea your going down !!!!

Lfs forums only ipswich fan runs and hides .
Down with the Toons! You're going down with the Toon!
More from BBC Sport:

Quote :Newcastle United have signed the new Gazza - former Magpies and England star Paul Gascoigne's seven-year-old nephew Cameron Gascoigne, who has been snapped up after scoring 22 goals in a 30-minute junior match. (Daily Star)
Former Chester City defender Martyn Lancaster, who was living in the United States and was without a club, earned a deal with Scottish side Queen of the South after his wife posted a 10-minute highlights package of his career on the internet. (Daily Record)

And some funny quotes

Quote :"We made an offer and it was turned down. We offered Stoke-on-Trent."
Stoke boss Tony Pulis on the 'failed bid' to land Kaka.

Quote :"He has just taken a nasty one on the back of the shin."
Setanta commentator on Gills v Villa. That'll be the calf, then. (Steve Medley, England).

Quote :"Are you Terry in disguise?"
Chant from Manchester United fans to Didier Drogba after he completely missed the ball trying to shoot! (James, Manchester).

Quote :"He swerves to the left, He swerves to the right, That boy Ronaldo, His driving is *****!"
Bolton fans showing their sympathetic stance on the Ferrari incident at the Emirates. (Mark, Lancaster).

Is there a Ice Hockey discusion thread?
Steelers had better pound the Ravens this weekend.
The last two posts are "FAIL".
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Steelers had better pound the Ravens this weekend.

This is the football discussion thread, if you want to talk about Handegg then create a new thread!
Quote from Gills4life :This is the football discussion thread, if you want to talk about Handegg then create a new thread!

I'm talking about football. What are you talking about?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm talking about football. What are you talking about?

I have never heard of the teams you have mentioned, thus believing you were talking about the sport often played in America called, Handegg.
Quote from Gills4life :This is the football discussion thread, if you want to talk about Handegg then create a new thread!

Oi I already mentioned that it' not handegg. I suggest you pad up, or shut up

FTR Go Raiders!!! (why lord.....why do I pick rubbish teams to back?)
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Oi I already mentioned that it' not handegg. I suggest you pad up, or shut up

FTR Go Raiders!!! (why lord.....why do I pick rubbish teams to back?)

You poor, poor man.
For crying out loud. Ladies, please. Talk about your Handegg games elsewhere!
I'm wondering what peoples views are on the £107million bid for Kaka, is it too much to spend on a player? Personally I think it's too much to spend on a football club, I wouldn't pay that for Newcastle United, and I bloody support them.
wel tbh 107mil to the man city owners is peanuts it somthing they have in there wallet on a day to day basis. yes it is too much to spend on a player considering next season he could be really bad. i wouldnt spend that on newcastle either
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm wondering what peoples views are on the £107million bid for Kaka, is it too much to spend on a player? Personally I think it's too much to spend on a football club, I wouldn't pay that for Newcastle United, and I bloody support them.

Its not what football needs, the clubs can not afford it and I believe that Chelsea will soon find out what happens when the chairman becomes less interested in his plaything and spends money elsewhere. (Roman has already spent more on paintings than he has on players this season)

Another good example of what’s likely to happen to some clubs is Charlton Athletic. A club who for a good few years under Alan Curbishley was sitting comfortably in mid-table, they then decide to have ideas above their station and unwisely start splashing the cash in the wrong area’s in a bid to break into the top 6, as a result Curbishley was out of the club, the board got the next appointment all wrong and the dreaded relegation loomed. Now, a few years on, Charlton Athletic languish bottom of the Championship (?) and have a huge wage bill, a recent report had their wage bill at 80% of their turnover (for comparison its general accepted that the good practise of wage bill to turnover should be 50/50).

Not all clubs are run like this though, although they are the very small minority, Aston Villa being probably the best ‘big’ example but even then it’s taken them years to get their.

The problem with these big chairmen splashing the cash is that the want instant success, especially like the success that Man Utd have. The key factor in Man Utd’s success is that they had stability in the management team, while clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea all went through managers like their was no tomorrow. Even Arsenal are a club I admire as they are sticking behind Wengar, and I believe that it will show dividends if not next season then definitely the next.

Sorry for the mini essay but I have been working closer with Football clubs than most fans get a chance to, and it something that gets me going when I talk about it.
Gillingham! :throwrose
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm wondering what peoples views are on the £107million bid for Kaka, is it too much to spend on a player? Personally I think it's too much to spend on a football club, I wouldn't pay that for Newcastle United, and I bloody support them.

Well first i feel sorry for you supporting Newcastle. Though I support Blackburn Rovers . But yes that is mental. I mean you can buy loads of other great players with that money. But just on one player is just toooo much. Even spending that much on loads of players is crazy. The probelm with big chairmans like that is they think these clubs are like toys. Soon they will get bored of them and leave. Then the probelms start to happen. Like what is goin to happen to Chelsea.

The football worlds going mental.
Although on the plus side we could end up with 2 of the worlds best players in the Premier League, we just need Chelsea to buy Messi now.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Although on the plus side we could end up with 2 of the worlds best players in the Premier League, we just need Chelsea to buy Messi now.

If Kaka agrees to join City it wouldn't surprise me if Messi is next on the list.

Kaka joining would show other players that City are serious and will be the catalyst for more big names signing up.
City need a world class defender. Not more strength upfront.
Go Ahead Eagles!!!!!!
Hah, they suck. I'm as neutral as Switzerland, therefore I only support our national team Orange!
i know they suck, and i am not really a fan of them

i only support the national team too
I just read on BBC sport website that the Kaka to Man City deal could end up being worth 250 million. Sheesh.
Quote from Gills4life :I just read on BBC sport website that the Kaka to Man City deal could end up being worth 250 million. Sheesh.

It wouldn't suprise me, they have obviously realised they will spend anything to get a player and want to exploit that.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG