The online racing simulator
hai airish ppl, so whos now cheating in playoffs?

They were clear red cards. One for hacking a man while on a yellow and also the last man. The ref was kind not to give him a straight red.
The second was a deliberate handball, again while on a yellow and also the last man. Completely legitimate red cards.

Yes, maybe the ref was a small bit on our side, but stuff like this happens in every single match.

I also find it funny that you are trying to make it so that it's on par with what happened 2 years ago. Get a grip, Ireland played better and were dominant when and where it counted.
yep, our domination was stopped by your friend referee.
Keane is a ****ing prick.

That is all.

Did Ireland deserve the win? Yes. 4 goals? No.

Why there is eye contact between referee and Keane while giving red card?
Quote from niall09 :
The second was a deliberate handball, again while on a yellow and also the last man.
I also find it funny that you are trying to make it so that it's on par with what happened 2 years ago. Get a grip, Ireland played better and were dominant when and where it counted.

mmm...no it was not deliberate handball actually. Shame on your arrogancy, you might played better ....but did you honestly deserved such a treatment from referee? Seriously lad, you don't have to be Einstein to see that there was something wrong. i went to watch the match (to the cinema :P ) with knowing that Ireland is going to win....but this...just makes me sad to see a dirty referee.
Quote from Dmt :

Why there is eye contact between referee and Keane while giving red card?

If you're suggesting Ireland paid off the referee then I will laugh my ass off, Estonian bank mangers have more money than the entire Island of Ireland..
The referee was pretty bad but unfortunately I think we would have lost this game with any ref.

Anyway we'll win 5-1 in Dublin and advance with away goals!

Loooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllll! Nah seriously, it's over...
Dear Estonia, uMad?

Greetings from Hungary.
When the team you support loses, you always complain about the reff, but I just dont see anyway that the Irish cheated. I honestly think that they'd have won the game atleast 2-0 due to the goal they scored early on, but hey, thats football.
I didn't say that irish cheated, did I? they played well, deserved the win but i was aiming at referee. I do get your point sjava, but the game was a bit one-sided
by the referee.
For example look at the video at 0:18 where irish player deliberately blocks the ball with the hand, but the whistle stays silent. Now compare it to the yellow card situation at 4:59
Where Piiroja outruns Keane and got therefore pushed by him a little, no intentsional handball here whatsoever, so Piiroja got a red card overall as a result of "intentsional handball".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?f ... edded&v=YrR6Rgaj8ok#!
Intentional.
By the way, this year Man C will win English Premier League

lovely facts
Shiiat :eye-poppi
Well it wasn't a penalty for sure, but the other stuff Estonia got fairly.
First half seemed to be pretty even (when we had all our man still on the field)...anyway, be prepeared to get asswhooped in Ireland...Ireland!

I never knew how sore losers we could be. It's getting ridiculous by now. There's an absolute shitstorm in media, facebook, forums calling the ref an idiot and the Irish cheats, coming up with conspiracy theories that the ref was bribed by the Irish or was ordered by the UEFA to favor the Irish, calling for a boycott of the rematch, etc.

Pretty much no one is discussing how the teams played. And the sad fact is that Ireland simply was better in that game. For the most part the game was pretty even, neither team had many chances. What made the difference was the fact that the Irish didn't make any big defensive mistakes, where as we made some silly mistakes which were instantly punished. How anyone can call Irish cheaters is beyond me.

The ref made quite a few wrong calls sure but that didn't decide the fate of the game. In my opinion Piiroja (the second red card) was sent off too lightly (he was shoved by Keane which made him handle the ball) and it wasn't a penalty but the game would have still ended 3-0. Is there really any difference whether it's 3-0 or 4-0?
Did not see the game, but have seen brief highlights of the match.

Stepanov's second yellow could, and maybe should have, been a straight red. The tackle was late, no where near the ball and possible a goalscoring opportunity. Correct call

The second red was a soft second yellow for Piiroja, but after the slight lean/push from Keane he did hit the ball with his hand intentionally (got to 5.20 on this video and you see the ball having his route altered in such a mnner that it could only be Piiroja's hand that made the contact). Sometimes in football, you get unlucky...this for Piiroja is such a time. Technically a correct call, however incredibly harsh and should have used common sense

As for the penalty, well bought by the Irish (Hunt??) who did what ANY other player would do. Don't hate the player...hate the game. FIFA have allowed this to go on too long now it is almost impossible to get rid off, something needed to have been done 10/15 years ago. Incorrect and just incredibly bewilderingly bizzare call.

Before any Estonia fans get all righteous over this, think back to some of your games and think honestly if your own players haven't bought a free kick/penalty/decision by diving or adding pressure on the ref. Every team does it FACT.
Quote from Kalev EST :I never knew how sore losers we could be. It's getting ridiculous by now. There's an absolute shitstorm in media, facebook, forums calling the ref an idiot and the Irish cheats, coming up with conspiracy theories that the ref was bribed by the Irish or was ordered by the UEFA to favor the Irish, calling for a boycott of the rematch, etc.

Pretty much no one is discussing how the teams played. And the sad fact is that Ireland simply was better in that game. For the most part the game was pretty even, neither team had many chances. What made the difference was the fact that the Irish didn't make any big defensive mistakes, where as we made some silly mistakes which were instantly punished. How anyone can call Irish cheaters is beyond me.

The ref made quite a few wrong calls sure but that didn't decide the fate of the game. In my opinion Piiroja (the second red card) was sent off too lightly (he was shoved by Keane which made him handle the ball) and it wasn't a penalty but the game would have still ended 3-0. Is there really any difference whether it's 3-0 or 4-0?

Well put actually!

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG