The online racing simulator

Damn...
The ball-boy deserved it, but still a stupid reaction by Hazard.
I'm expecting atleast a 3-game ban.
The media is gonna blow this up as usual, especially the Belgian media, and he already isn't very popular here.

Imo there should be rules about time-wasting by ball-boys (or other people not part of the actual game), penalise it by fines or something.

Also, the 'kid' is 17 and bigger than Hazard lol, shouldn't even be allowed to be a ballboy.

Full video of the incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylsm9EX_xz8
Hazard is a hazard
Good thing it was hazzard and not balotelli
Managed to score the ball twice in 1 game, -6550 score or something.

Btw new angle of the incident, which clearly shows he's trying to kick the ball out from under the boy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-cAfGNT6o

The FA saw this yet still decided it was a case of "violent behaviour" and even a 3-game ban won't be enough...

Disgrace to football imho.
Swansea should have been dsq...
Quote from zeugnimod :For what?

For employing a "ballboy" who before the game tweets this:
Quote from @CHARLIEMORGAN :The king of all ball boys is back making his final appearance #needed #for #timewasting

DQ? No, a money-penalty would be enough.
Quote from Fastwalker :For employing a "ballboy" who before the game tweets this:

DQ? No, a money-penalty would be enough.

There are people who tweet they are going to commit stupid stuff and not doing what they said they would. They are in the majority. I don't think anyone thought of him doing that after this tweet until he did it.

I think it wouldn't be appropriate to DQ them. The boy deserves a stadium ban for two years and a fine.

That Hazard is getting penelised is ok.

By the way, this is one of the situations where afterwards I support the idea of having netto time instead of the current time keeping.
Quote from TFalke55 :There are people who tweet they are going to commit stupid stuff and not doing what they said they would. They are in the majority. I don't think anyone thought of him doing that after this tweet until he did it.

I think it wouldn't be appropriate to DQ them. The boy deserves a stadium ban for two years and a fine.

I think it's the intention that was there. Why not just allow pitch invasions or allow fans to stand on the goal line? I mean if you're gonna let 3rd party actions inflict a games rhythm or pace what's the point hosting sports events at all?
Quote from BlueFlame :I think it's the intention that was there. Why not just allow pitch invasions or allow fans to stand on the goal line? I mean if you're gonna let 3rd party actions inflict a games rhythm or pace what's the point hosting sports events at all?

But how can you tell from a tweet if there is an intention or if it is just a stupid fun? On the one hand you shall not spy your employees, on the other you are responsible if they did harm anyone in any situation if there is just a little sign of it before hands.

Also third party actions inflicting games are rather common... laser pointers, paper balls thrown at the play ball...
Quote from TFalke55 :But how can you tell from a tweet if there is an intention or if it is just a stupid fun? On the one hand you shall not spy your employees, on the other you are responsible if they did harm anyone in any situation if there is just a little sign of it before hands.

Also third party actions inflicting games are rather common... laser pointers, paper balls thrown at the play ball...

Of course it was intention, it's not like he was convicted of a tweet before he actually acted on it, he made the tweet and then did what he set out to do...

In regards to 3rd party inflictions you're correct, but that's why I see football as a shitty sport in that respect because the people who go to those events are clearly of the mind to negatively act at a sport event.
How it's decided who's the host in these English cups, do they flip a coin?
Quote from Boris Lozac :How it's decided who's the host in these English cups, do they flip a coin?

It's whoever comes out the bag first
Quote from Fastwalker :For employing a "ballboy" who before the game tweets this:

So the team should control the Twitter/Facebook/whatever social network shit I forgot of everybody that has something to do with the game to see if they write something stupid?
Quote from zeugnimod :So the team should control the Twitter/Facebook/whatever social network shit I forgot of everybody that has something to do with the game to see if they write something stupid?

No the teams should tell all their ballboys to do their job, which is returning the ball as fast as possible to improve game continuity.
If they can't or won't do this properly, don't ask them to come back.

The Swansea kid was very experienced and has a relative mature age, but hadn't been a ballboy in a while.
They ask him to come back and then he tweets: "needed for timewasting"

Please... This whole incident sums up about everything that's wrong with football.
Quote from Fastwalker :No the teams should tell all their ballboys to do their job, which is returning the ball as fast as possible to improve game continuity.
If they can't or won't do this properly, don't ask them to come back.

The Swansea kid was very experienced and has a relative mature age, but hadn't been a ballboy in a while.
They ask him to come back and then he tweets: "needed for timewasting"

Please... This whole incident sums up about everything that's wrong with football.

100% Agree with you.
But why should the team be punished for that? If it's the second or third time, I'd agree with you. But not if he hasn't done it before.
Quote from zeugnimod :But why should the team be punished for that? If it's the second or third time, I'd agree with you. But not if he hasn't done it before.

But he probably has considering his tweet.
The prem will be a poorer place without him.
How can people actually think 'arry Redkapp is a good manager? QPR will go bust even if they don't go down, ala Pompy.
Quote from CSF :How can people actually think 'arry Redkapp is a good manager? QPR will go bust even if they don't go down, ala Pompy.

Redknapp set that the players at QPR are over paid. So I think the problem started well before him.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG