The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh come on you signed Carroll, he's a bigger hooligan than Balotelli.

He is?

Quote from thisnameistaken :And I'd rather have Balotelli than Sturridge any day of the week, even if he spent half the season in the stands for biting linesmen and mascots.

Well, I wont comment on Sturridge until he's played the rest of the season for us, but given time and a good run in the team (and if Brendan can coach some awareness of what's going on around him into his game) i think he'll do ok.

Balotelli is a talent, no doubt, but he's simply far to unpredictable/unreliable/barking mad for my liking. Love having him in the Prem, love watching him. Wouldn't want him anywhere near a club I support.
Quote from vipex123 :To be honest the only manager that could ever control him would be Mancini, can't think he would even be wanted anywhere for the inevitably high price for him anyways.

well maybe Harry Redknap would be able to deal with his attitude if QPR could afford him :P

More importantly there are rumors of Felaini to UTD as well as a possible war over Sneijder between City and UTD.
I'd say both to Man City - United are packed of talent as it is.
I'll be disappointed if Zaha ends up at United. He should really be at Arsenal.
Great draw for the FA Cup 4th Round:

Norwich City v Luton Town

Oldham Athletic v Mansfield Town or Liverpool (play on Sunday)

Macclesfield Town v Wigan Athletic or Bournemouth

Derby County v Blackburn Rovers

Hull City or Leyton Orient v Barnsley

Middlesbrough v Aldershot Town

Millwall v Aston Villa

Leeds United or Birmingham City v Tottenham Hotspur

Brighton & Hove Albion v Swansea City or Arsenal

Crystal Palace or Stoke City v Manchester City

West Ham United or Manchester United v Fulham or Blackpool

Southend United or Brentford v Chelsea

Reading v Sheffield United

Huddersfield Town v Leicester

QPR or West Brom v Sheffield Wednesday or MK Dons

Bolton or Sunderland v Cheltenham or Everton
lol Ballon d'or is all La Liga.. ridicolous.
gj messi
Iniesta> messi

K?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Iniesta> messi

K?

I've been a massive fan of Iniesta for years and years, but no, not quite.

Ballon d'or should be all La Liga at the moment. That's where the best players are and where the best teams are.

Messi has had an incredible year, he deserves it the most.
Look, IMO messi is a great player no doubt. But I think he is nothing without Barcelona. You put Messi with say Atletico Madrid and put Falcao at Barca. And maybe we'd be saying differently.
It's the same as saying Vettel without RedBull, you will never know.
Quote from sinbad :That's where the best players are and where the best teams are.

But much shitier to watch then Premier League..
Quote from Boris Lozac :But much shitier to watch then Premier League..

There's a difference between talent and entertainment. The English Premiership is an entetaining league, however the quality this season (especially defending) has been honking.

For my money, the best league at the moment is actually the Bundesliga, some quality players and some really good games. I got ESPN because some of the County games have been on there, but have kept it due to the Bundesliga and Serie A games.
I know, but for the football viewer who watches on TV, Premier League is without contest.. Everything, the stadiums, grass, crowd right next to the field etc..
So it is actually a good sign, those who are deciding on who gets the ballon d'or actually know the sportlers, and not just the show
Quote from Bmxtwins :Look, IMO messi is a great player no doubt. But I think he is nothing without Barcelona. You put Messi with say Atletico Madrid and put Falcao at Barca. And maybe we'd be saying differently.

Look at how Messi performed for Argentina last year.

All the best players end up at great teams. Nobody ever said Platini didn't deserve his awards because he didn't play his whole career for Barnet.
Quote from vipex123 :It's the same as saying Vettel without RedBull, you will never know.

very good point. But like I said, I never discredited him. I just feel that he shouldnt be the ONLY one getting credit and Barcelona players need a large high five.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :There's a difference between talent and entertainment. The English Premiership is an entetaining league, however the quality this season (especially defending) has been honking.

For my money, the best league at the moment is actually the Bundesliga, some quality players and some really good games. I got ESPN because some of the County games have been on there, but have kept it due to the Bundesliga and Serie A games.

La Liga is not good for it's defending. It's comical at times, see last night's Madrid game and Barca 5-4 Deportivo. You do not have two teams scoring 121 and 114 goals, no other team getting past 59, like you did last season, by having a quality league. The top two were great, now Madrid are awful and its a one team show.
Quote from CSF :La Liga is not good for it's defending. It's comical at times, see last night's Madrid game and Barca 5-4 Deportivo. You do not have two teams scoring 121 and 114 goals, no other team getting past 59, like you did last season, by having a quality league. The top two were great, now Madrid are awful and its a one team show.

Which is why I said the Bundesliga is in my view the best league at the moment but it's incredibly difficult to name players who are currently plying their trade there who are better than Ronaldo/Messi/Xavi/Inestia etc. So in that respect, I can't argue against the shortlist or overall winner.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Look, IMO messi is a great player no doubt. But I think he is nothing without Barcelona. You put Messi with say Atletico Madrid and put Falcao at Barca. And maybe we'd be saying differently.

Put him in England.

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Which is why I said the Bundesliga is in my view the best league at the moment but it's incredibly difficult to name players who are currently plying their trade there who are better than Ronaldo/Messi/Xavi/Inestia etc. So in that respect, I can't argue against the shortlist or overall winner.

Yes I didn't disagree, I was just talking about defending. Dortmund will be hard to beat in Europe this season.

Quote from TexasLTU :Put him in England.

Would just be the same as now.
Doesn't matter where you put him, those damned little legs are going to be the fastest thing on the field no matter where they are.

Edit: Just watched the ceremony. Messi's suit looks like it was made for motion capture.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Which is why I said the Bundesliga is in my view the best league at the moment but it's incredibly difficult to name players who are currently plying their trade there who are better than Ronaldo/Messi/Xavi/Inestia etc. So in that respect, I can't argue against the shortlist or overall winner.

Pepe is arguably the best cb in the game, sadly he spends most of his time sent off.

The General Football Discusion Thread
(3469 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG