The online racing simulator
Gosh! This thread is quickly going down the drain... :rolleyes:
-
(chavm481) DELETED by chavm481
A mod doesn't delete it because SOME people are simply WATCHING the thread, waiting for posts that aren't utter spam, because we're interested in what the THREAD is about.

Those of you who clutter this thread with your pointless and inane non-contributions don't own the thread. It exists DESPITE your crap, not BECAUSE of it.

Maybe tomorrow, when I've got some more time, I'll go through and wipe off the crap from this thread that has absolutely nothing to do with LFS or the Scirocco, and then I'll just start handing out infractions to everyone who spams it again, for each and every pointless post they make. Maybe.
-
Like SamH's post wouldn't exist.
With all of the thought power of a Inline-Zero engine.

If only posts were legally binding contracts, then I could sue his arse for breaking his promise of not posting useless spam crap.
He's like Lert's, but atleast Lert's posts are funny and makes somewhat sense...But this guys just plain stupid.
-
C'mon guys, its not that hard.

ON/T Can't wait till this car is released, looks like the devs put their blood and sweat into it.
Attached images
ignore.png
Quote from chavm481 :how can me trying go as what do you guys think we should expect be stupid? anyways, im stayin'

Do you read or think before posting, or do you simply pound keys until they produce something that looks kinda like English?

... Can anyone comprehend his... English... if that is what that is?
-
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Do you read or think before posting, or do you simply pound keys until they produce something that looks kinda like English?

... Can anyone comprehend his... English... if that is what that is?

As he said previously, use the ignore list, I thought there wasn't one but apaprently there is. Unignore him after couple years and see what has changed

Problem solved... should've done that earlier
... Although, it brings me to a problem I face by ignoring people:

Someone will reply to one of his posts, or take the piss out of him, and I'll go "What the **** kind of stupid thing did he say this time?!" It's a winless battle, because eventually I haffto read his crap once in a while.
Not if you have a Greasemonkey script that removes ignored user's posts completely

Anyway, lets just hope that the next patch doesn't only contain the Scirocco. Cars are all nice and that, but if you drive them around the same old tracks then it gets really boring really quickly, no matter what kind of cars you drive.
Quote from george_tsiros :maybe when you go and push it to the limit, the differences are great (between what you can do in lfs and what can be done IRR)

but, if you drive "normaly" , i think that lfs is very accurate.

LFS vs reality = Fail
Rcraptor vs reality = EPIC fail

In generally, no games are not even close to the real deal, but with some time I think they can progress it in the right direction.
I just hope the PR of VW (and other car manufacturers) is not reading this thread.
With all those "not fwd again" and similar posts, the Scirocco may well be both the first and the last mass-produced car added to LFS.
Quote from Ped7g :I just hope the PR of VW (and other car manufacturers) is not reading this thread.
With all those "not fwd again" and similar posts, the Scirocco may well be both the first and the last mass-produced car added to LFS. Smile

Or maybe it will pressure them to give us the W12 or R32
Quote from chavm481 :so when do you guys think that the developers will come by and tell us how it went?

I hope Vic will stop by today, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a day or 2. Since the convention he's been travelling quite a lot, visited the UK to see the folks that went karting near Newcastle and (I hear) visited with Scawen and Eric in London. That's a lot of travelling in 1 week, but he's home now and in recovery. Probably today he'll get the caffeine IV fitted by some very attractive young nurse or something, and in the next few days he may even feel in a good enough state to come and chat about the convention.

It sounds like VW couldn't be happier about how the LFS simulator shaped up at the GC. It sounds like LFS met and exceeded expectations. I should imagine that the stability of LFS as an application was a cherry on top of that cake.. when you're running an exhibition, showing off your product, nothing sucks more than a BSOD or a hung app on your stand. Trust me, I've been there and suffered that, and it's not nice. Actually, it was particularly bad for our company, but that's another story.

Somebody said LFS featured on other stands too. Did I misread that? Who else was using LFS and why?
Quote from SamH :Somebody said LFS featured on other stands too. Did I misread that? Who else was using LFS and why?

Vic said at the karting that Intel was there too with their LFS simulators, and, err, another company which embarrassingly escapes me right now. But yes, in total there were three separate organisations/representations of LFS at the conference.
Quote from GT Touring :... if it is a bigger XFGti or a smaller XFR (the race version is known to do the 300hp) this can be set up for a new class then? ...

Well I think it'll be in it's own class, but imho leagues will use it with other classes "dumbed down" a little ( some restrictions to the engine of the faster cars ), or just dumd down the scirocco itself so it'll be somwhere near the TBO class, or even where the XFG and the XRG are. Well, who knows what the new patch will bring us apart the scirocco. For me any minor change will do, i just want to see some progress =p
Quote from STROBE :another company which embarrassingly escapes me right now

At a gaming convention, I'm guessing that would be a FFB or motion seat company, perhaps? It sounds like LFS got a good playing at the convention generally, then. Good exposure == good stuff!
-
-
(STROBE) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
-
(Crommi) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
-
here some pics got few more, but dunno how to upload.
have a vid too if anyone wants nothing special..

sorry for quality made the pics with my phone.
Attached images
DSC00347.JPG
DSC00348.JPG
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00351.JPG
DSC00353.JPG
DSC00395.JPG
DSC00397.JPG
DSC00399.JPG
-
probelm fixed some more pics for ya
-
(obsolum) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
-
Quote from BastianB :here some pics got few more, but dunno how to upload.
have a vid too if anyone wants nothing special..

sorry for quality made the pics with my phone.

Wowing the crowd with cardboard women? Must be a geek convention...
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
-
(Sponge) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
-
(chavm481) DELETED by Bob Smith : talking about spam posts that got deleted
Quote from ajp71 :Wowing the crowd with cardboard women? Must be a geek convention...

the lfs place wasn´t the best, you only could play lfs and the rest was VW advertising, no lfs-shirts and stuff..
nope, they could have sold some stuff there... but, hopefully the developers will be happy to see how happy we are after the scirocco release.
I dont like to put people on my ignore list because it ruins the thread because when im reading I like to see what people are saying but then again I hate it when its people like him posting..

In some of the pictures I saw like fast motion blurring if im saying it right? I dont know if its the camera doing it or if its new? Its probably the camera doing it.
Look at the fence
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=64845&d=1219774084
Look at the trees and building
http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=64843&d=1219774084
Probably just the camera. My phone camera blurs when taking photos of anything fast paced
Oh man..Got my hopes up for nothing.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG