The online racing simulator
Anyway the car looks nice it will be cool for pace-cars
Quote from ssm :We should get a subaru and just call it STI. And people will be wondering if they want to get the game because they might get an STI. (get it?)

bad jokes thread.
Great news - a new car. And a modern one!

Yeah yeah, we all know the problems with modern cars - overweight, handling for dummies, etc - but having a modern looking car can surely only be good for LFS.

I'm also assuming that it will be in it's own class, and create some excellent one-class racing inbetween STD and TBO classes.

Nice one devs. C'mon, give us a teaser screenshot.
Quote from Victor :this one : www.scirocco.de

there are two 200hp versions:
a) 147 kW (200PSI) TSI 6-Gang-Schaltgetriebe,
b) 147 kW (200PSI) TSI 6-Gang-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe DSG
Quote from Victor :you'll have to go to Leipzig next week then

Oh yes im coming lets se if my dad wil drive me in his new Chirocco

nah just kidding 12 year old swift wich was a flat 4 but one cylinder broke so now it has 3 cylenders and 53 BHP
(glad that peice of SH**T wont come in LFS)
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Oh yes im coming lets se if my dad wil drive me in his new Chirocco

nah just kidding 12 year old swift wich was a flat 4 but one cylinder broke so now it has 3 cylenders and 53 BHP
(glad that peice of SH**T wont come in LFS)

let him buy a corsa

and cant wait for the new car. Finally a good looking car in lfs.
Quote from Renku :there are two 200hp versions:
a) 147 kW (200PSI) TSI 6-Gang-Schaltgetriebe,
b) 147 kW (200PSI) TSI 6-Gang-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe DSG

I've always wanted a Doppelkupplungsgetriebe.
#183 - hda
hm. if i had to guess about what's going to happen with the new car in game i would say (based on past events with the fbw) that the xfg will be removed from the demo giving place to the scirocco

not that S2 users care a lot ^_^
Nah, I don't think demoers will get the 'Roc. The FBM was a bit different I think, it was part of the contract that it must be available to the entire LFS user database. But with the 'Roc, it seems to be more like the devs have permission to add it to the game after the competition is over. Meaning that it's theirs, and they can do what they like with it. In which case, it would be insane to give it to the demoers

But either way, we can enjoy it
niceee :-D
Quote from Danke :I've always wanted a Doppelkupplungsgetriebe.

me too...

DSG stands for Direct-Shift Gearbox - 'dual-clutch manual gearbox, without a conventional clutch pedal'
Wiki link
Have the devs confirmed this? If not, I don't believe it.

BTW, new Scirocco = shite, old Scirocco = Pwnage

My dad had one, left hand drive, in black.
if you bothered to read through the thread, you'd see that they did. I was gonna be lazy and just ask but i thought, "what the heck".

Quote from Scawen :Hello LFS racers.

I confirm we are making a Scirocco that will be used at the Games Convention.

It's a 200 bhp front wheel drive road car. We are very pleased to have the permission to include a production road car in LFS that we think looks nice and handles well.

We had to make it quickly in time for the Games Convention as of course that was part of the deal. Further testing and refinement will be done at a later date before it is included in the public version of Live for Speed, but we don't know yet when that will be.

it could be a long time before we even get to drive the car.
Will VW also give a VW Test Track to LFS?
Quote from scania :Will VW also give a VW Test Track to LFS?

Hehe that would be cool. :P I hope it handles differently then the UFR because damn I can't stand that car. I hope it's not as a weird feeling car and that it's stable-ish. FWD's just feel so wrong when racing them it's incredible (to me at least).
I know others have asked but I don' think they have been answered..

Can we have a screenshot of the car ingame?
Quote from scoobyrbac :I know others have asked but I don' think they have been answered..

Can we have a screenshot of the car ingame?

i think they should keep it to them selfs for now.
oh no not FWD again.
why some people say "oh no", if they are getting a car FREE, not paying for it... you should say "oh no" when you have to pay for it, because it's extra from what you got previously
Quote from chanoman315 :why some people say "oh no", if they are getting a car FREE, not paying for it... you should say "oh no" when you have to pay for it, because it's extra from what you got previously

Good point here

I hope the dev release the CMX viewer one or 3 day before the car , to make some skins
Quote from Huru-aito :It's about whatever opportunities come across LFS's path, not about what people want or what they would prefer..

---
I hope there are racers who enjoy this car...

LX8...

I dunno, time to move on I guess...
Oh No a new car and its FWD OH NO!!! FOR CHRIST SAKE!!1 WHY WHYYYYYYYYY...

i will play more lfs
Quote from Blas89 :Oh No a new car and its FWD OH NO!!! FOR CHRIST SAKE!!1 WHY WHYYYYYYYYY...

i will play more lfs

Oh come on girls.. there are 5 FWD cars in lfs out of 20, you'll survive..
Be happy there is a new car coming to LFS and appreciate the effort the devs are making to make this happen.. don't act like idiots just cause BMW hasn't found it's way into lfs yet.. and furthermore: I'm glad it hasn't..
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG