The online racing simulator
#501 - hda
Quote from xaotik :Indeed so - however, that screenshot highlights the fact that if the engine supported a secondary darker shadow to act as an umbra of sorts it would add to it a good deal in tying in the car to the scene.

Yeah, I've always thought this. In addition to the current shadow they need a second, darker area directly under the car. Currently when cars go through the scenery shadows, they look a bit like they're floating. This is especially noticable at SO when the sun is low.

Still, something for the future, I'm by no means bitching about it

'The VWS looks, and will be awesome' is my official stance
People bitch and moan because the devs are silent for months on end and they don't know what they're doing etc, so Scawen comes along and posts pictures of what he's doing but that it'll take a while to be finished and geuss what - people still bloody moan.

Seriously wtf can this man do?!

EDIT - OT - Looks GREAT, although it looks a little "out of place" in that screenshot. Pass a copy here and I'll take some better ones
Quote from Jakg :People bitch and moan because the devs are silent for months on end and they don't know what they're doing etc, so Scawen comes along and posts pictures of what he's doing but that it'll take a while to be finished and geuss what - people still bloody moan.

True, the LFS community is so damn ungrateful.
and some can't take a joke..
Quote from XRRoy :Anyone able to upload the pictures from lfs.net to tinypic or something. The proxy at work doesn't let me open lfs.net

Thanks matey
Looks nice!
It has european thingy on license plate?
That picture has really shown me LFS needs better shadows. I'm not bitching or moaning or suggesting or anything like that, just what i think.
Quote from aoun :That picture has really shown me LFS needs better shadows. I'm not bitching or moaning or suggesting or anything like that, just what i think.

Yeah hope they are going to improve shadows before publishing scirocco version of lfs
Shadows aside: That model looks frikkin epic!
You'll never make everyone happy with shadows in LFS, because of the difference between contrasts on peoples' monitors.

... until you put shadows on a slider option, of course
The car itself looks great, but for the shadows I'd have to agree.

Im thinking of the straight in BL1 where the trees throw shadows on the road.
Looking at a car passing over those shadow patches just doesn't look right.
There's two things wrong with the current shadowing system. Firstly, there's just one shadow. Obviously there should be a heavy one that's under the car all the time as well as the current one (they have proper names but I don't know them). And secondly, the individual car parts aren't shadowed, so the wheels look out of place there because they're not casting a shadow at all.

Now it's not that complex a fix, but more shadows means more rendering, and then you'll get the usual people complaining that it won't run on their 400 year old machine We need realtime lighting. That'll sort it all out. Except the whingers. But as this thread has already proved, nothing stops them.

But the model itself is sweet.
It looks original for LFS. I really like it even though on not much of a VW hatchback fan.

And TBH, I'm surprised we even got 1 screen shot. Il be surprised if we got another before completion. Good stuff!
So, we're getting supercharger modelling in LFS then?
No. we arnt getting the supercharged model. as for the modelling of the supercharger- i dont know =)

For thoese interested in what where getting in LFS.

http://www.carfolio.com/specif ... ns/models/car/?car=184613 <<Will help

Thanks so much De'vs for all your hard work and congrats on getting a mass produced VW in lfs. I see a very bright futrue for lfs and il be there ever step of the way(as will thousands of others im sure.

I CAN wait to drive the 'roc and will wait- it will be done when its done.

Great work

Mabey a few more pics after the Convention?

Thanks alot guys.

Jay
Quote from Luke.S :/me hopes that the GC version of LFS somehow gets leaked onto the internet.

Thats imposible, because it will be an S1 or S2 car, and you can't unlock the new version untill the master server is updated
No chance the devs could give us a screenshot of what they have so far?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No chance the devs could give us a screenshot of what they have so far?

Scroll up a bit, or check out lfs.net.
It looks very similar to the 08 Impreza.
Quote from Whiskey :Thats imposible, because it will be an S1 or S2 car, and you can't unlock the new version untill the master server is updated

Oh trust me I'm fairly sure i could find a way.
that car is TEH SEX!!!!
Quote from Jakg :Oh trust me I'm fairly sure i could find a way.

Hax to the max?
What is wrong with t3h hax if you have a legal S2 license?

(Hint - nothing, and that comes direct from a Dev)
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG