The online racing simulator
Next patch - New car. At ending 2008.
When the damn thing's ready? We don't want to drive it with only one hub cap and only two cylinders simulated, do we?
Quote from Scawen :Hehe, it's MASSIVE compared with an XFG!

As a rough comparison, compare a Citroen AX GT with a Golf GTI.

German small cars are not at all small. Have you stood beside a "Mini" ?

How much more code is there for the scirocco than the xfg?
Quote from duke_toaster :When the damn thing's ready? We don't want to drive it with only one hub cap and only two cylinders simulated, do we?

As we know, few people there want that.
Quote from duke_toaster :Nearer to an FXO than a XFG I presume.

True.

Quote from Luke.S :How much more code is there for the scirocco than the xfg?

I don't know because I have not finished coding for it yet.
Quote from Eldanor :Agree, the graphic engine is enough for S2, with good models it shines like a star.

Indeed so - however, that screenshot highlights the fact that if the engine supported a secondary darker shadow to act as an umbra of sorts it would add to it a good deal in tying in the car to the scene.
It definitely looks like it should be smaller than it is, so clearly it's a piece of design genius.

I will take this opportunity to sign the NDA and volunteer for testing
:wow: That car looks much better than i was imagining.
Good work! Can't wait to race with it.
Definately higher standard from my first look, than other LFS cars. Like it a lot.
yeahh.. looks really good!
Anyway.. it would be so cool if new car came with new track :wmann3:
Quote from xaotik :Indeed so - however, that screenshot highlights the fact that if the engine supported a secondary darker shadow to act as an umbra of sorts it would add to it a good deal in tying in the car to the scene.

Yeah, shadows sometimes look strange, but in general LFS looks great, especially with high res textures, and models keep getting better and better, new South City is a great example of how a good model can add to immersion.

Quote from Luke.S :/me hopes that the GC version of LFS somehow gets leaked onto the internet.

Hell no, I don't want a half done model, let me wait anxiously for the full one
Great! It looks great Scawen!
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you maybe in future plan a racing version of that? (I know, lisence problems etc etc),
Can we expect some simple video from GC verion of car?
Nice, looks nice, the wait is gonna be long. :/
Or can we at least get some more screenshots? Other sides of the car, maybe interior view? Pwetty pwease?
Anyone able to upload the pictures from lfs.net to tinypic or something. The proxy at work doesn't let me open lfs.net
Great news!!
Can't wait to drive that VW
0-60 in 7.2 ooooh exciting!

I used to have a corrado vr6 so nothing against vw's but I was kinda hoping for more exciting cars
that looks freaking sexy

i wonder how the interior would look look
It's not that much of a pretty car, but great job on the model devs.
Quote from beefyman666 :It's not that much of a pretty car, but great job on the model devs.

it is a really pretty car
I don't think the community will be happy with only 1 photo of an opcoming car
Quote from Danas :I don't think the community will be happy with only 1 photo of an opcoming car

Thats whats know as tough shite then ain't it.

The worse thing about this is, we are now in for months and months of, is it done yet, can we drive it yet, can we see some pics, blah blah ad nasuem......
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone was wondering, it will be much, much longer away than that.

As said, the release is undecided - that means I cannot say (even roughly) when it will be - but I can say you might as well forget about driving it until a long time from now.

Sorry but that's how it is right now. Something for the future.

So should i make arrangements to get myself frozen after i die and be revived when it comes out?

j/k

The model looks awesome! Really can't wait to have a go with it and watch the replay after
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG