The online racing simulator
Wow, looks alot better in-game than i thought it would. The wheels dont look as good as i thought they would, they definetely need to put more vertex's in there. Im really curious what the finished interior will look like, and whether it has the actual VW wheel
Quote from wheel4hummer :What is the point of using all caps? Usually when people do that, they are acting condescendingly or they are angry. That is the impression that I get from reading your post, that you are acting condescendingly. It doesn't even make much sense, either.

Greece just lost against argentina, he has the full right to be angry!

80 - 78, good match though
Quote from george_tsiros :"artificialy limited torque curves"...

EVERY SINGLE DAMN FUEL INJECTED ENGINE IS 'ARTIFICIALY LIMITED' if you think about it

I guess the difference here is that manufacturers limit the torque curves (and performance) of their engines for some reason, be it durability, marketing or whatever. You're talking about some issue with the principle of an engine, which has to be solved with this limitation for the engine to work? At least that's what I think, care to shed some light on the 'artificial limitation' you meant?

Although not limited to fuel injected engines, throttle bodies are a generic limitation that I can think of. But they're not needed, as proven by BMW.
i'm pleasantly surprised that even one of you got it...
when it will be avalaible???
tomorrow
Quote from gp4racer :when it will be avalaible???

Scawen said that it will be better for us dont except this car for a long time.

I think this means wait untill 2009
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww .... ................ nnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from Whiskey :Scawen said that it will be better for us dont except this car for a long time.

I think this means wait untill 2009

I would add, end of 2009
I'd think more like end of 2008... If its ready for the convention tomorow there shouldnt be any HUGE changes made by the time of its official release... at least I don't think so... So maybe itll be a year end present or Xmass
-
(Jordan2007) DELETED by Jordan2007
Quote from Jordan2007 :Haha this is more funny than when George Michael said he was gay

This will be ace!

Its gonna be XRT VS FXO VS RB4 VS a VOLKSAWGON!!

Woo

I'm not sure that the 200 bhp the VW has would be able to compete with the 250-70? of the TBO's..
Quote from evilpimp :I'd think more like end of 2008... If its ready for the convention tomorow there shouldnt be any HUGE changes made by the time of its official release... at least I don't think so... So maybe itll be a year end present or Xmass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappa Z
I just hope it comes out in the next two weeks so that I can play with it before school starts again.

[quote=Scawen]Just in case anyone was wondering, it will be much, much longer away than that.

As said, the release is undecided - that means I cannot say (even roughly) when it will be - but I can say you might as well forget about driving it until a long time from now.

Sorry but that's how it is right now. Something for the future.[quote/]

Imo, "much much longer" and "forget about driving it until a long time from now" and "future" (considering the LFS's time to develop, christmas would be more like "present") doesn't mean a few months, means more like a year
Quote from zeugnimod :No, it's not. Read the thread.

You expect him to read through 20+ pages of posts, 90% of which are useless comments and speculation? I find the rate at which this thread is going nothing short of mind boggling. That people can get so excited and worked up over the prospect of a new car... it's kind of sad when you think about it, I find

And before you ask: no I'm not following this thread at all. In fact, I searched for a "ignore thread" option but was disappointed to find that such a thing doesn't exist. The only reason I checked these last few posts was because I saw your name in the "last post" field and got curious
Quote from obsolum :The only reason I checked these last few posts was because I saw your name in the "last post" field and got curious

Yeah, I can't help it. Have to read (almost) every thread.
It's unfortunate that when trying to "search this thread" for anything related to "Scawen", I just get 55 posts with the word "Scawen" but no posts by Scawen himself.

*sigh*
Quote from Mp3 Astra :It's unfortunate that when trying to "search this thread" for anything related to "Scawen", I just get 55 posts with the word "Scawen" but no posts by Scawen himself.

*sigh*

Why don't you search for the user Scawen in stead of the word Scawen?
Quote from evilpimp :I'm not sure that the 200 bhp the VW has would be able to compete with the 250-70? of the TBO's..

I think you have to do your homework again. It has less HP (but only 5 to 10) but maybe there are other differences. I expect the TBO's to be a little prepared for the circuit and if the VW is a default roadcar with a default roadcar setup and tires it can never compete. But since i red something about a Scirocco cup maybe it is also tuned for track use.
I'd say the car will be released at the same time as the next scheduled update of LFS itself. My guess is that it'll be released in December, probably before Christmas if possible. If not, the release would probably be in February of '09. Just speculation nothing more.
Quote from Jakg :Try this.

vBulletin Message
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I think you mean this
No, I don't - try this.

Searches all posts by Scawen in this thread.
Quote from Jakg :No, I don't - try this.

Searches all posts by Scawen in this thread.

Now that one is working
Ah, never saw that kinda search before
it would be nice as a gift for having patience, i like updates and future updates to be announced very close the the release...
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG