The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Thanks Did you leave it at 60fps then or did you somehow convert it again back to 30fps? 60fps would be too high becasue I want to post it on the web once I'm done, and obviously most vierwers wouldn't benefit from a frame rate above 30fps anyway.

EDIT: I suppose I could do what Gratrix suggested in post 243 and just re-record the footage at 14fps and then follow the suggestion above but at 30fps as that would also probably result in a smoother video as my PC struggles a bit with lots of cars in the race. Shame as it means I'll have to re-shoot everything but if it works then that's what I'll do.
Quote from Nick A :Thanks Did you leave it at 60fps then or did you somehow convert it again back to 30fps? 60fps would be too high becasue I want to post it on the web once I'm done, and obviously most vierwers wouldn't benefit from a frame rate above 30fps anyway.

EDIT: I suppose I could do what Gratrix suggested in post 243 and just re-record the footage at 14fps and then follow the suggestion above but at 30fps as that would also probably result in a smoother video as my PC struggles a bit with lots of cars in the race. Shame as it means I'll have to re-shoot everything but if it works then that's what I'll do.

Well, once I edit it together and render it, it ends up being 30fps anyway due to my render settings. recording at the lower fps also works, i have done both with reasonably similar results, although a 10,000rpm hard disk would be sweet.
Hi guys , please answer my last 2 questions . How to do the setting with Adobe Premiere Pro for best quality video? How to make the sound like replay 1x speed ? the 0.25x speed and record with fraps..the sound very terible.even i make it fast like 1x speed..the sound still teribble.Please answer.Last 2 questions.
Dont ask me, using Sony Vegas.
Quote from dcm_wc :Hi guys , please answer my last 2 questions . How to do the setting with Adobe Premiere Pro for best quality video? How to make the sound like replay 1x speed ? the 0.25x speed and record with fraps..the sound very terible.even i make it fast like 1x speed..the sound still teribble.Please answer.Last 2 questions.

Well, I don't use Adobe either but when I record at 0.250 speed, then put it into Sony Vegas, I have to change it to x4 speed to make the recorded footage play at normal speed. When you record at .250, that's quarter the normal speed and to get it to play normal you have to make it 4 times faster.
Thinking about switching to Premiere from Vegas...
I got Vegas fully doing what I want, and I dont know should I change or should I keep Vegas?
Quote from squidhead :Thinking about switching to Premiere from Vegas...
I got Vegas fully doing what I want, and I dont know should I change or should I keep Vegas?

It's a slightly different way of working, but Premiere does give you alot more control over the outcome. I've tried both but absolutely preferred Premiere.
#333 - Dru
I'm using the MPR Message block in the CFG file whilst recording footage for videos, but the really annoying thing is despite all the searching and settings changed.

I can not remove the 'Driver X blocks messages' note that comes up on the screen.....

i use the "-" button and/or the MPR block in the CFG file b4 LFS is started....

any ideas people? i'm starting to go mad.....

Thanks in advance,

Dru.
Set "MPR Message Block" to "3"
#335 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :Set "MPR Message Block" to "3"

Works like a charm..... thanks Jak
#336 - Dru
I'm struggling with shift U mode and following cars around corners or if you use the 'follow car' view as soon as it changes direction the camera sticks the same way.

Can anyone guide me in the art of making these shots a little better or point me in the right direction please.

I've used the search function and not really found what i've been looking for.

Oh and BTW, i'm patch W0.5 replays so please don't give any suggestions for stuff which does not work with stuf pre-X

Thanks in advance,

Dru
Quote from Dru :I'm struggling with shift U mode and following cars around corners or if you use the 'follow car' view as soon as it changes direction the camera sticks the same way.

Can anyone guide me in the art of making these shots a little better or point me in the right direction please.

I've used the search function and not really found what i've been looking for.

Oh and BTW, i'm patch W0.5 replays so please don't give any suggestions for stuff which does not work with stuf pre-X

Thanks in advance,

Dru

I think what you're lookin' for is to use the custom view and bring it outside the car, that way it'll be locked onto the car and wont move when the car turns. I'd suggest using Flipcams for this as you can set 5 different custom cams which you can change by pressing Ctrl+F12, iirc. Not sure how far you can move the camera outside the car with the custom view but I have used it before. Hope this helps.

Edit: Just noticed FlipCams uses patch X or greater so maybe you can't use it. You can still set a custom view though but if you want to change it you have to leave the replay I think.
Sorry if this has already been posted... but I don't really want to read 12 pages. When using Fraps, I push the record key (F9 for me), the FPS counter turns red for a fraction of a second, then it goes to 1 and turns grey, then back to normal, and nothing gets recorded. Anyone have a solution?
Quote from Kstorm43 :Sorry if this has already been posted... but I don't really want to read 12 pages. When using Fraps, I push the record key (F9 for me), the FPS counter turns red for a fraction of a second, then it goes to 1 and turns grey, then back to normal, and nothing gets recorded. Anyone have a solution?

That's just the FPS benchmark tool. Go to the Fraps menu and check wich key is bound to Recording.
Quote from (SaM) :That's just the FPS benchmark tool. Go to the Fraps menu and check wich key is bound to Recording.

No... it's the right button. Benchmark is F12. Got it to work though... don't know how.

Another problem, don't know if it's just me, but whenever I'm recording the game gets really laggy for me... probably down to around 10 fps. Any solutions? Thanks.
hi , i need little help here (adobe premiere pro cs3) . how to make multiple white dissolve / flash in 1 clip ? i tryed all effects but don't have that effect.maybe need to do setting ?please help me
Fraps
Why my FRAPS lag?? I have download the free model...It`s my computer to bad??

I need help... I have read the hole "Making LFS Movies" Thread...

pleas help mee!!

--sandberg--
Quote from sandberg :Why my FRAPS lag?? I have download the free model...It`s my computer to bad??

I need help... I have read the hole "Making LFS Movies" Thread...

pleas help mee!!

--sandberg--

If by lag you mean that the captured clips are coming out jumpy, then probably yes, your computer is struggling to keep up. Fraps will eat up a lot of resources and you hard disk is tested as well. You need AT LEAST a 7,200rpm hard drive, 10,000rpm is optimal.
Rpm...
how I can find out my hard drive RPM???

--sandberg--
Hard disk RPM is a really bad way of measuring speed - just because 10,000 RPM drives are Server-level SCSI-on-SATA drives doesn't mean that 10,000 RPM = Fast.

You need a decent hard drive, and a decent computer (Dual Core = Preferable). Chances are your PC just isn't good enough - what is it?
Quote from Jakg :Hard disk RPM is a really bad way of measuring speed - just because 10,000 RPM drives are Server-level SCSI-on-SATA drives doesn't mean that 10,000 RPM = Fast.

You need a decent hard drive, and a decent computer (Dual Core = Preferable). Chances are your PC just isn't good enough - what is it?

It's a very important factor actually. Combined with read-out speed.

"Besides the recording technology, drive rotation speed is the most important factor for a drive's throughput. Most people associate fast rotation speed with high data transfer rates, because this is the most obvious advantage of fast spindle speeds. Whether you boot Windows or copy files that are hundreds of megabytes or even gigabytes in size, quick transfer rates shorten the time it takes for completion of these tasks. Combining high rotation speeds with top-notch recording technologies such as PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) has repeatedly managed to establish new speed records."
Source.

It's in the recommended system requirements of Fraps as well:

In addition to the base system requirements of Fraps 2, hard drive speed is important when capturing video. We recommend: 7200 rpm hard drive for full-size capture at 640x480 and 800x600.
10000 rpm hard drive for full-size capture at 1024x768.
Umm how can i lock camera view at shift + u ?
Quote from juurme :Umm how can i lock camera view at shift + u ?

Depends on what you mean by "lock".

If you just want to stop the camera from following the car you need to change Follow car to no. See attachment 1...

If you want it to lock onto a car and not move when the car turns you need to set a custom view. Options - View - Custom View then edit the X, Y and Z axis. Then rotate the camera and adjust field of view. See attachment 2...

Hope that helps.
Attached images
followno.jpg
customview.jpg
Quote from (SaM) :It's a very important factor actually. Combined with read-out speed.

"Besides the recording technology, drive rotation speed is the most important factor for a drive's throughput. Most people associate fast rotation speed with high data transfer rates, because this is the most obvious advantage of fast spindle speeds. Whether you boot Windows or copy files that are hundreds of megabytes or even gigabytes in size, quick transfer rates shorten the time it takes for completion of these tasks. Combining high rotation speeds with top-notch recording technologies such as PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) has repeatedly managed to establish new speed records."

Source.

It's in the recommended system requirements of Fraps as well:

In addition to the base system requirements of Fraps 2, hard drive speed is important when capturing video. We recommend: 7200 rpm hard drive for full-size capture at 640x480 and 800x600.

10000 rpm hard drive for full-size capture at 1024x768.

I have HP Pavilion dv9000.... I don`t now hard drive RPM????
pleas HELP ME!!!

--sandberg--
Quote from sandberg :I have HP Pavilion dv9000.... I don`t now hard drive RPM????
pleas HELP ME!!!

--sandberg--

It's not really important to know. What matters is how your system will cope with LFS running and Fraps recording. The way to find out is to, well, record.
-
(Hamed Sam) DELETED by Hamed Sam

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG