The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
How do you apply filter effects like those seen in this video?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e6NIiLWj5BY

Baring in mind I am used to Movie Maker, I am currently torn between using Premiere Pro and Vegas, would either achieve effects like these? Also, is it possible to cut objects out during video editing, such as billboards found in South City?
No, this is why I was asking about Premiere Pro and Vegas
Hi friends, I have a problem with the control camera SHIFT + U.

I can not do the same movement that right mouse button does. In the keyboard only with "slide" or "spin" but I can not look to the right or look to the left of the position that the camera is stopped in SHIFT + U.

Only I do this movement with the right mouse button, but the mouse cursor stays on the screen.

Help and sorry for my english by google translator! LOL!

Thank you
Anyone know how to get rid of the cursor in shift + u mode on patch Y22? It works fine on Y19, but not in Y22 Shrug
Quote from LeifOlav :Anyone know how to get rid of the cursor in shift + u mode on patch Y22? It works fine on Y19, but not in Y22

Not with the spacebar?
2x shift+f ?
Is it possible to edit out areas of the track, such as billboards, or add things externally within the movie? I have Vegas.
I think even professionals would work till sweat all the days making it in my opinion. All i know is the magic word - KEYFRAMES - Thing what move Sony Vegas forward.
Quote from Start Wars :Is it possible to edit out areas of the track, such as billboards

yes it is...and it's not keyframes, it's screen keying + texture editing
And how do you go about that?
Quote from Start Wars :And how do you go about that?

make all textures you want cut out green, capture video footage, screen key it by green
Can anyone help me with Vegas 7.0? I can't find the buttons to fade in and out audio or video, cutting an audio or video clip, to add one or more camera angles, or how to speed up or slow down a clip. can someone help me please?

EDIT: and whats an aspect ratios and such?
Is it fading in and out at the beginning and end of each clip or somewhere in the clip?

I'll tell you both anyway.

To fade start/finish, put your mouse over the top corner of the clip and your mouse cursor will change, click, hold and drag.

To fade in and out during a clip you need to insert video/audio envelopes. Select the video or audio clip by clicking it, then go to Insert, then choose whatever envelope you want. A bar will appear in the selected clip. Right click on the bar to add points. Event Velocity is for speeding up/slowing down video.

Aspect ratio is different screen settings, sort of, but I'm sure wikipedia can tell you what it actuall does.

Hope that helps.

thanks!
I'm trying to convert videos saved from fraps using virutaldub with the Xvid codec but it is reporting that a statsfile is not found? I wish to retain quality in each video, but the videos saved from fraps are simply too large.
I managed to convert the videos, but I am now having serious performance issues when trying to edit them in Vegas. Trying to play the video in preview is impossible as it delays so much, which I find really strange as I am on a very new PC (2.33 dual processor with 2gb ram) and nothing has really lagged for me before.
Quote from Start Wars :I'm trying to convert videos saved from fraps using virutaldub with the Xvid codec but it is reporting that a statsfile is not found? I wish to retain quality in each video, but the videos saved from fraps are simply too large.

what next? compressing the compressed files using vegas?
quality rape
I was following the instructions at the start of this topic, which stated to capture using fraps and then save with virtual dub, before editing with vegas.
Quote from Start Wars :I was following the instructions at the start of this topic, which stated to capture using fraps and then save with virtual dub, before editing with vegas.

Read this patiently, while paying the most attention you can, since there is a hidden message somewhere there...

Quote from (SaM) :
  • If this is all the movie needs, 1 clip, go to Video > Compression and choose one of the codecs (XviD or DivX are recommended).
    Press F7 to save it and it's done.

• If you want to edit this clip together with some other clips into a movie, press F7 without compressing it and save it. Now it's time for editing.

can you see it? It's discreet, and complicated, and takes years of deciphering before you can start comprehending the true meaning of this ancient writing of the wise ancestors...
The videos I saved in virtualdub using Xvid still retained a very high quality, but I can't afford to keep so many large uncompressed files on my hard drive. How did you get round this problem?
I got a 500GB drive for $150

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG