The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
See if you can search the Windows website for a codec pack. That may help.
Hi. I have a problem. When i start recording movei lfs starts lagging too much. 5 FPS. when i stop recording it get back to 30. Please help
Quote from markorester :Hi. I have a problem. When i start recording movei lfs starts lagging too much. 5 FPS. when i stop recording it get back to 30. Please help

PC specs and Recording quality please
Quote from markorester :Hi. I have a problem. When i start recording movei lfs starts lagging too much. 5 FPS. when i stop recording it get back to 30. Please help

You either need to go to windowed mode by shift + F4 or switch to some 16bit resolution. That should help.
Quote from Mysho :You either need to go to windowed mode by shift + F4 or switch to some 16bit resolution. That should help.

it was 5. Now i'ts 6 fps.

squidhead -

viedo - Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT (512mb)
processor - DualCore Intel Pentium E5200, 2500 MHz (12.5 x 200)
Windows XP
340 GB free memory

something more?

edit: i read the fpr improving tips in squidhead's thread and now all ok.
Could also be that your HDD is running low on space.
Quote from markorester :it was 5. Now i'ts 6 fps.

squidhead -

viedo - Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT (512mb)
processor - DualCore Intel Pentium E5200, 2500 MHz (12.5 x 200)
Windows XP
340 GB free memory

something more?

Sounds like your using improper AA and AF settings. Not sure where to find it, but there used to be a thread talking about AA and AF settings LFS does not support. They will run the game, but your frames will be cut by an 1/8.
Ive been advised to get a better codec? What codecs do you suggest? Also ive been using fraps to record, do you suggest any others?

Cheers (:
I'm no expert, but I guess that you can use xvid with double pass encoding. First you should generate an uncompressed master video using your favorite video edition software (premiere, vegas, etc) and then use something like virtualdub for compressing it into a normal sized video using a two-pass encoding codec. I think all of this is covered in the "making LFS movies #2" thread in the "Editing" section: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=53389

Fraps is OK.
Quote from -wes- :Good info anyone have more?

like what codec's can windows handle without going online? (anyone not online these days?)

Whats best for playback/ any good free ones?

Webspace that provides free uploadspace and so on.

I use avs video editor (downloaded), Pinnacle studio 14 (downloaded) and Cyberlink power director v8 (downloaded)

combinations always work better

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG