The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
N/T

I had a question regarding file quality/resolution. Most often, in HD videos we think of and see 720p and 1080p as regular HD resolutions. Does anyone still consider 480p as being a decent HD resolution?

I'm asking this because I testing stuff out for LFS video HD creation and I want to know if people still see 480p resolution as HD, or it would be best to attach the HD saying to 720p and up. (and filesize/quality troubles, lol)

Thanks.
480p is SD, or Standard Definition, so it's not HD. But it's still good enough.
Though if you've got a good place to host an HD video, I'd go for 720p. (1080p is too much for most people's monitors anyway.)
(epic late reply)

Quote from anttt69 :I cant slow the footage down as it gets jerky if I half the speed?

That's not a problem - when you speed up the footage in your video editor, you shouldn't notice the jerkyness that you experienced during recording. If you do, slow down your recording speed to 0.25x and then quadruple (4x) the speed in your video editor. Don't try doing it at 0.125x speed unless you want no sound and an absolutely insane amount of disc space taken up.

In addition, if you're using Fraps, make sure you record at half-size to save memory and to improve perfomance slightly.
Hi, I think you should talk more about codec for compression tool. (xvid etc.)
How to work with it. What setting is good for lfs. I think its different from dvd rip seting.

Can somebody show how to work with xvid ?

Can somebody test x264 compresor ? I think its good. Nice quality for me.

omg aaarrrggghhhh :banghead:

I just spent 3 hours making my first LFS video, using crappy windows movie maker & every time I try to convert it to WMV it locks up half way through

What can i do, i'm stuck with a WMM file that I cant do anything with?
Quote from anttt69 :omg aaarrrggghhhh :banghead:

I just spent 3 hours making my first LFS video, using crappy windows movie maker & every time I try to convert it to WMV it locks up half way through

What can i do, i'm stuck with a WMM file that I cant do anything with?

Try different settings, like resolution and bitrate etc. I'm not sure how detailed WMM lets you be, but try lots of different stuff.
thanks for the quick reply

I tried saving it as different sizes, bit rates, etc & every time it just gets stuck at 12% complete?. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered making a video now.
Quote from anttt69 :thanks for the quick reply

I tried saving it as different sizes, bit rates, etc & every time it just gets stuck at 12% complete?. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered making a video now.

I sometimes had this issue, many years ago. Try re-recording the footage that you put in at the 12% point of the video. I say this assuming you know how to calculate percentages
I think calculating percentages is well within my grasp

anyway i ripped out that piece of film & replaced it with another & it still does exactly the same .

edit: i have an idea for tommorow
Quote from anttt69 :I think calculating percentages is well within my grasp

anyway i ripped out that piece of film & replaced it with another & it still does exactly the same .

edit: i have an idea for tommorow

Balls... that's very interesting. Maybe your RAM fails. I'm clutching at straws here...
I tried re-recording some footage today & still to no avail. Windows does not throw up any error messages so ??

if i attach the .wmm file maybe someone could run it through there version of WMM? nope cant do that either as its not valid file type.
Quote from anttt69 :I tried re-recording some footage today & still to no avail. Windows does not throw up any error messages so ??

if i attach the .wmm file maybe someone could run it through there version of WMM? nope cant do that either as its not valid file type.

Won't work. WMM needs all the source files in order to export.
ok, people who make slow motion videos and use fraps to record. (others can answer too )

please tell me:

Fraps settings (FPS, full size-half size ect)
IN game settings (fps, resolutions ect)

Thanks
Quote from DevilDare :ok, people who make slow motion videos and use fraps to record. (others can answer too )

please tell me:

Fraps settings (FPS, full size-half size ect)
IN game settings (fps, resolutions ect)

Thanks

For slow motion I would say definitely 0.125 record speed. Resolution should be one that is 16:9 ratio. If you have enough HDD space, record at Full-Size.
"DELETE MESSAGE" please...
Quote from T-Arz :"DELETE MESSAGE" please...

You can do that yourself: Edit - Delete - Delete Message
Quote from T-Arz :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftzF853t3IQ&fmt=22 My first video

Shame you posted a vid with S2 content...

Guess were you're going?..

:bananadea
thanks dude , i need this guide ,thanks
Has recording changed any?
Hi Guys

Has the method to record LFS movies changed since the first post? Is there a new or different way to do things?

Just curious Todd
Hey guys,
I've made a simple movie about a league I'm participating in. But when I publish it in MovieMaker, the lower half of the image gets green. Does anyone know why this happens? It happens only after publishing. When playing it in MovieMaker it is allright. It is my 3th video, the first 2 were just fine.
Quote from Mazdaratie :Hey guys,
I've made a simple movie about a league I'm participating in. But when I publish it in MovieMaker, the lower half of the image gets green. Does anyone know why this happens? It happens only after publishing. When playing it in MovieMaker it is allright. It is my 3th video, the first 2 were just fine.

That's odd.. but actually i don't have a clue what it could be.. my advise is to not use MovieMaker
try using/installing the right codecs
Quote from Mazdaratie :Hey guys,

I had this issue recently when I was trying to compress stuff in Movie Maker. I couldn't find a certain solution - but I recommend trying lots of different export options until it works.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I had this issue recently when I was trying to compress stuff in Movie Maker. I couldn't find a certain solution - but I recommend trying lots of different export options until it works.

I tried all of them, but none worked . Maybe a systemrecovery will help? Because before all was just fine...
Have you changed anything....like display drivers or codecs?

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG