The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
And how do you do that?
Quote from Start Wars :And how do you do that?

When you do that on the video clips, you click on that small green botton that says effects right? Now to do that to the all track, just look to your left, at the start of the video lanes, there are some bottons there too.
Hi Guys

I have just spent an hour reading the whole tread as i want to make a movie.

I have done loads of wildlife videos in that past from DV footage so once i have the footage i will have no problem but its getting footage that i am finding a problem.

I think i may well be getting a bit thick in my old age but i just cannot see how you guys find some of the settings

In one post (on page 2) its says set LFS at 1280 x 960 and record in Fraps at half size 640 x 480, and that sounds like a good idea. (All numbers divide by 16 and all that)

My system will will record using Fraps upto 1920 x 1200 and full speed without a problem (Dell xps720) but how do you set LFS and your system to 1280 x 960 as i just cannot find this setting?

In fact i would like to do widescreen (pal) but i cannot find a match of a PC/LFS that matches a TV format

Am i missing something (Maybe my brain)

Thanks
Quote from birder :
My system will will record using Fraps upto 1920 x 1200 and full speed without a problem (Dell xps720) but how do you set LFS and your system to 1280 x 960 as i just cannot find this setting?

In fact i would like to do widescreen (pal) but i cannot find a match of a PC/LFS that matches a TV format

options/screen... 1280x960 32bit (if that res isnt in the list.. make sure you have all selected maybe), the second part im an idiot and i dunno ...

my pc/lfs hates to agree with fraps or fraps hates me.. when i record i get a whole grand 13fps no matter my resolution. when im not recording i can hit 210 - 250fps (1280x1024 4x aa) if i turn limit fps off. pc = amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ @2.8ghz, 3gb pc5400, bfg 9800gtx that is overclocked. ive also tried limiting lfs to 30fps and fraps to 30fps with the same problem, 13fps when recording. ruled out hardware unless its my hd or something

its not that big of an issue though because i dont make many videos anymore but its still alittle confusing. im sorry if this problem was answered earlier in this thread
1280 x 960 does not appear in my list at all, can someone confirm it does in thiers, please?
It depends on monitor maybe, is it possible that your monitor is too big to allow 1280x960 ? I have there any resolutions from 640x480 to 1280x1024 and i was recording the last video at 800x600/fullsize/no sound/speed at 0.125x@10FPS. (Yeah i have a crappy comp, so i needed to do this to make video smooth as... as it was)

As far as I know, TV widescreen use 16:9 (you now have set 16:10), so if you want to watch it on tv then, record at 1280x720 and fullsize at fraps (well if you don't have it there too, then try to find 2560x1440 and record at half size, but that's really big resolution and i don't know what your fps will look like...), many gaming videos now have this resolution.
i too have 1280x960 available in my list... maybe it is the monitor/tv you have connected... i know on most games it will only allow resolutions supported by ur monitor... however could it also be a video card issue with the resolution not supported?
Quote from evilone :options/screen... 1280x960 32bit (if that res isnt in the list.. make sure you have all selected maybe), the second part im an idiot and i dunno ...

my pc/lfs hates to agree with fraps or fraps hates me.. when i record i get a whole grand 13fps no matter my resolution. when im not recording i can hit 210 - 250fps (1280x1024 4x aa) if i turn limit fps off. pc = amd athlon 64 x2 5000+ @2.8ghz, 3gb pc5400, bfg 9800gtx that is overclocked. ive also tried limiting lfs to 30fps and fraps to 30fps with the same problem, 13fps when recording. ruled out hardware unless its my hd or something

its not that big of an issue though because i dont make many videos anymore but its still alittle confusing. im sorry if this problem was answered earlier in this thread

I had same problem. It was 5 FPS in my case. Try to disable AA in game and push it on video card settings. That helped me. (As for it, I record on 15FPS 0.500x in LFS and then double the speed by external program). My PC spec (AMD Athlon X2 3800+ | 2GHz | 2GB RAM | GeForce 8800 GT).

Hope that'll help .
Quote from Itar (CZ) :I had same problem. It was 5 FPS in my case. Try to disable AA in game and push it on video card settings. That helped me. (As for it, I record on 15FPS 0.500x in LFS and then double the speed by external program). My PC spec (AMD Athlon X2 3800+ | 2GHz | 2GB RAM | GeForce 8800 GT).

Hope that'll help .

thanks for the help! ill try that and see how it goes
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva : asd
please tell me how to get drag lights.can u send me the link please pelase
Quote from RACINGM3 :please tell me how to get drag lights.can u send me the link please pelase

You'll have to buy a licence for that. You can use the dragstrip in LFS S2.
Is it possible to modify the textures of the track to remove advertisements? They are quite jarring for movie making when you are trying to achieve realism.
hey, I need your help:

I'm trying to set up a costum in the xfg. I placed the somewhere in the middle of the car and roteted it by 180° to get a reversed view. then, because I want to rotate the cam on the z-axis while recording a clip, I set "look function" to "ms x". but when using that cam, the movement range won't work in the reversed direction but only to the front (and only in the range that the driver's head is possible to move, it seems).

I'm sure I've seen such reversed and rotating cams in some movies before, so it must work somehow. can anyone help me? what option did I forget to set?

thanks in advance,
Jens
when i try to recompress the video with vdub to 60fps the sound still is slow?
no matter wat codec i use.. is that a recording error or do i need to configure something in Vdub?
Quote from G13Haze :when i try to recompress the video with vdub to 60fps the sound still is slow?
no matter wat codec i use.. is that a recording error or do i need to configure something in Vdub?

not sure if I got you right - but if so, try this:
audio -> [x] full compressing mode and [x] use advanced filtering .. then audio -> filters -> add ... add "input", "stretch" and "output".. close that add-filter-window and doubleclick the stretch-element in the filter-window... then set the number with which you recorded (0.25 if you recorded with 1/4 speed) ... then press the test button and hopefully notice a proper sound

then, back in the main window, it might happen that the sound still sounds wrong (at least that happens for me), but after rendering and saving the video, it's alright
Quote from G13Haze :when i try to recompress the video with vdub to 60fps the sound still is slow?

I think Jens nailed it (though I can't really tell since I haven't been following the discussion). If not, have a look at this post regarding frame and sound rates I wrote some time ago.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a good first post explaining things and providing links to tutorials? Right now it's "capture video with fraps and then use movie maker or premiere"... and that's all.

I know video edition is not an easy thing and you can't learn it in five minutes, but there's a lot more than premiere and movie maker... Many people use Vegas, and many people use different software to add effects prior to the global composition.

It would be great if the people who can make nive videos and have some knowledge of the software they usually use could post brief summaries describing the pros and cons of the software you use, and links to guides and tutorials of different skill levels. There's no need to explain everything, but just provide the basic stuff so we can learn by ourselves.

I think there are a lot of people like me that would love to make (great) movies but after a short while we get discouraged because video editing software and techniques are hard to learn with no reference whatsoever...
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Wouldn't it be nice to have a good first post explaining things and providing links to tutorials? Right now it's "capture video with fraps and then use movie maker or premiere"... and that's all.

You could waste 5 seconds to g ... of 5 minutes to complain

Quote from MaKaKaZo :video editing software and techniques are hard to learn with no reference whatsoever...

No it isn't. I learned Vegas all by myself only to read about compression method in this thread, and same went for Premiere pro. Vegas took me about a month to get used to, Premiere - less than a week.

If you're not pants on head retarded - chances are you will know basic comands in any new to you software in a matter of 30 minutes of poking random buttons....
Quote from squidhead :You could waste 5 seconds to g ... of 5 minutes to complain

You could read and understand the post instead of talking shit. I know that there's tons of tutorials out there. You know what? A lot of them are not fit for what we're up to, and also there's a lot that are just bad tutorials.

Why do you say I am complaining? There's a difference in reading every single tutorial you come across until you find one that fills your needs to someone saying you "read THIS ONE, it helped me a lot". I'm not asking anyone to explain me how to do anything, I'm just saying that we can go a step further from "use premiere and google for tutorials" without having to go to the extreme of "install this application, then click here, then double-click there... and I made your movie!". There's a intermediate point, to help someone learn in an easy way, with a little guidance, but not having to explain everything in a detailed way.

Is it so hard to say "I use Vegas. I like it because of <insert reason here>. You first should learn how to do <insert basic skill here> and then you can start with <insert advanced skill here>. You can find good tutorials for different levels here: <insert link>"?
Quote from MaKaKaZo :Is it so hard to say "I use Vegas. I like it because of <insert reason here>. You first should learn how to do <insert basic skill here> and then you can start with <insert advanced skill here>. You can find good tutorials for different levels here: <insert link>"?

Ok, I will try that and we'll see if it helps

I use Premiere Pro 2.0. I like it because of <I got it for free by not returning it to the studio I worked for after I quit>. You first should learn how to do <Video Editing> and then you can start with <Special Effects>. You can find good tutorials for different levels here: <The sfx controls and the editing itself is so blatantly obvious in premiere that you should only consider this thread to find out about the video compression : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=219>

I just don't see what's your problem with premiere or vegas or whatever software you're using that you'd need basic tutorials on clicking (Which are included in the premiere software and if you're not completely blind you would actually find it by clicking the help tab)

CLICKY CLICKY FOR PROOF

And if you need tutorials on complicated things - chances are you'd consult google first and find a tutorial that would actually suit you...
How can I slow down the camera speed when scrolling/moving? ( for instance through a stationary grid)
Quote from anttt69 :How can I slow down the camera speed when scrolling/moving? ( for instance through a stationary grid)

Well, you'd have to do it by pressing F2 and F3. But if that doesn't work you'll have to do it while editing. You can do this by splitting the video file into different parts and increasing and slowing down the speed of each part.
I cant slow the footage down as it gets jerky if I half the speed?
Anyone know how to get rid of the crackling noise that hapens every 10-20 seconds when I record sound with fraps? It only happens when I recore sound from LFS, and no matter how low res I set, I still hear that crackling noise....
Quote from Thunderhead :Anyone know how to get rid of the crackling noise that hapens every 10-20 seconds when I record sound with fraps? It only happens when I recore sound from LFS, and no matter how low res I set, I still hear that crackling noise....

Hey, what's cracked by noise? I want that noise crack my LFS!

You must turn sound recording off (in the fraps)
Or, there is a option Sound Lag (in LFS). set it to ~1-5ms.

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG