The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Can you split the movie so it mirrors symetrically using movie maker or do you hae to do it on the camera.
Quote from nutty boy :Can you split the movie so it mirrors symetrically using movie maker or do you hae to do it on the camera.

don't think you can in movie maker, but vdub or something open source might
-
(Bosse) DELETED by Bosse
Is there a way to rewind replays?
nope
Quote from HurricaneGame :Is there a way to rewind replays?

Reload the replay.

(Yeah I know, I'm a comedian)
is it possible to block system messages in single player replays?
Im thinking about hotlap mode. The invalid lap (dirt) msg is showing up in one of my clips and I cant figure out how to get rid of it
Don't know if there's a way to block messages in single player replays but you could zoom in a bit in your editing program? Think that's possible in every program..
There's no way to block messages in any replays as I know of.
Quote from Bosse :Don't know if there's a way to block messages in single player replays but you could zoom in a bit in your editing program? Think that's possible in every program..

thanks that worked. I cropped out the top and the rest automatically resized
Open your cfg.txt and search the line "No MPR Messages". Change the number to block the messages.

0 shows all messages
1 turns off driver chat, but shows system messages (left the pits, joined etc)
2 turns off all messages
When you CTRL+U to detach the camera from the car a set of controls appear in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. These are movement speed and smoothing, camera height etc. Is there a way I can turn them off so that they don't spoil the look of my movie?
Press Space.

Shift + F to remove the HUD.
Quote from (SaM) :Press Space.

Shift + F to remove the HUD.

As easy as that! - thx m8
So are you planning on making a movie?

Would be interesting to watch. Always like watching movies from users I haven't seen one from before.
Quote from Highsider9 :Open your cfg.txt and search the line "No MPR Messages". Change the number to block the messages.

0 shows all messages
1 turns off driver chat, but shows system messages (left the pits, joined etc)
2 turns off all messages

yea but that didnt solve the problem I had with system messages in hotlap replays
Quote from nutty boy :So are you planning on making a movie?

Would be interesting to watch. Always like watching movies from users I haven't seen one from before.

Sure am - In the process of putting it together now. It'll be the story of just one race and it'll be accampanied by some real dark and hard music. Will get it all timed in.

Problem is I've only got fraps demo and virtual dub so it's a bit limiting. Also, much of the footage I took has minimaps and stuff on it and I can't be bothered to go get clean stuff so it'll look a bit naff.

Still, it's just some fun while I get used to all the tools to do it. Then I'll create a new one where I spend time getting the pefect camera angles.

That's the wonderful thing about LFS movie making. Effectively you can have a camera man in infinite positions at all times! Don't get that IRL
Right, I have alot of things to say and ask.

Say things first:
1. I cannot wait to see your video.
2.It's your first time so it won't be perfect, don't expect it to be. It doesn't matter if it has minimaps and stuff.
3. You can really get great angles on LFS. It's wonderful.

Ask things:
1. How do you use VirtualDub and what do you use it for?
2. Do you know a release date of your movie?
Quote from nutty boy :Right, I have alot of things to say and ask.

Say things first:
1. I cannot wait to see your video.
2.It's your first time so it won't be perfect, don't expect it to be. It doesn't matter if it has minimaps and stuff.
3. You can really get great angles on LFS. It's wonderful.

Ask things:
1. How do you use VirtualDub and what do you use it for?
2. Do you know a release date of your movie?

Well, I reconsidered a bit since yesterday. I've decided I want my first release to be as close to perfect as it can with the tools I have. I will replace all the spoiled footage (mini maps etc) and get the perfect angles. OK it'll take some time but it'll b e worth it.

So it'll be a few weeks before I finish the thing.

I'm using VirtualDub to edit the footage and put it together. It allows you to mark a segment and append an API portion or you can delete a section and copy and paste. That's all I've discovered so far. I think there may be some effects in there too.

As for a release date lol, I reckon you'd be looking at about beginning-mid October. But as your interested I'll PM you when it's done.

It's likely to be pretty big so I'll need to find somewhere to host it.
If you use VirtualDub, I'd still recommend Windows Movie Maker.
It has sequenced editing, it gives you a much greater view of how it looks like so far and is also alot less cumbersome for editing than VirtualDub.
Quote from (SaM) :If you use VirtualDub, I'd still recommend Windows Movie Maker.
It has sequenced editing, it gives you a much greater view of how it looks like so far and is also alot less cumbersome for editing than VirtualDub.

I'll see if I can get hold of a copy. Thx mate.
Quote from Gentlefoot :I'll see if I can get hold of a copy. Thx mate.

Copy? Haha, it's built in Windows. Go to START > Programs > Desktop Accesories > Windows Movie Maker.
What Windows do you use Gentlefoot. It's standard on all XP machines.
Quote from nutty boy :What Windows do you use Gentlefoot. It's standard on all XP machines.

I'm still on Win2k Pro but I can get hold of XP I just don't like it as much.
Oh well I don't think you will have it then.
I might as well post in this topic as it concerns this.

I,m trying to arrange something. I've converted my files with that VirtualDub to that XviD thing and all correctly. The new file plays correctly when opened, and sometimes plays correctly in the "source monitor" in Adobe Premiere Pro... But the vieo simply won't work when vied in the sequence. Either it's black or all like "no trasmission colorful snow" stuff. The sound works though.

Any help?

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG