The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Hey guys I need some help. I and a few friends are working on a large project which will need to be recorded at a good quality. I've got the full version of FRAPS, when i followed the tutorial the quality of the video was okay, but the smoothness is really lacking. It is maybe recording at 5-12 FPS, which is a real problem. Could anyone help with the settings on LFS or anything? Thanks.
Quote from d6nn :i make a file in photoshop ( where i write stuff) and then i import it to premiere and set it onto the clip i need it to.. and i see no blurring,

maybe if u use text tools they might blur away( not sure)

thx, i'll check it out
Question: when i set the camera with shift+u in the position i want, pressing p to restart the replay, the camera follow the car, but when the car steer, the camera doesn't change its angle, so the car rotate, but the camera doesn't!

How can i block it?
Quote from d6nn :sry for so many posts. another question bout vegas . i know how to put titles into clips in premiere but how can i set titles into clips in vegas (6) .?

Just curious... I've seen some of your vids and you definately know to handle Premiere, so why swap to Vegas? I hardly doubt there's anything in Vegas that you couldn't do in Premiere. Though I personally use Vegas 6.0, user interface simply felt easier to me than Premiere from the second I started using it but when I tried both I was a total noob at video editing, so easy usability was simply 1st priority for me.

Quote from ethan520 :DivX is better in terms of speed

Xvid is better in terms of quality which is more important than encoding speed.

Quote from Alfatester :Question: when i set the camera with shift+u in the position i want, pressing p to restart the replay, the camera follow the car, but when the car steer, the camera doesn't change its angle, so the car rotate, but the camera doesn't!

How can i block it?

Like LFSn00b said, you must use custom incar camera. Remember to decrease those g force sliders in the custom camera, otherwise it looks really lame if the screen jumps up and down all the time and really spoils the illusion of a real onboard camera.
Quote from deggis :Just curious... I've seen some of your vids and you definately know to handle Premiere, so why swap to Vegas? I hardly doubt there's anything in Vegas that you couldn't do in Premiere. Though I personally use Vegas 6.0, user interface simply felt easier to me than Premiere from the second I started using it but when I tried both I was a total noob at video editing, so easy usability was simply 1st priority for me.

guess ur right
naah, i was like so happy to start a new project that supposed to be my best so far but nah sumthing weird is happening.

the first 4 clips are raw clips from fraps and then i tryed to import a file that was compressed (xvid) and framerated with virtual dub, but they wont open like they should(sum just have black screen)
Attached images
untitled.JPG
#208 - Don
premiere cant work very well with compressed formats. just save that clip as uncompressed and then import it
thnx, much better now, and one more little question.

how can i do that kinda text where the text stands still and then a light goes over it from right to left or left to right.

u surely know that effect,
#210 - Don
i guess i know what you mean - but i dont think its possible in premiere. but im sure after effects can do that
any1 knows how to set quick text on the clips. takes too long to use pics from PS.
#212 - Don
F9
Quote from Don :F9

heh thnx don for fast replys, uve been a great help
Are there any alternatives to Fraps, I can't get it to record sound.
I'm a total noob when it comes to video editing but I had an idea. I've only got WMM and I was wondering if it is possible to have 2 videos in 1. Like a tiny video in one corner aswell as the main video.

Will I be able to do this in WMM or will I have to get a better editing program?

Thanks in advance.
I'm almost sure you cannot, but Adobe Premiere Pro and Sony Vegas do allow you to.

Quote from ajp71 :Are there any alternatives to Fraps, I can't get it to record sound.

Gamecam.
I was waiting for someone to say that. Not a problem, I'll try get hold of one of those and have a play around.

Thanks again.
is it Fraps is the best software for making video ? i want to learn how to make video so any seniors can teach me and recommend which software of making video suitable for beginner?
Quote from dcm_wc :is it Fraps is the best software for making video ? i want to learn how to make video so any seniors can teach me and recommend which software of making video suitable for beginner?

Yea, Fraps is best for a capturing video, for editting there are lots of programs (for ex. Sny Vegas, Adobe Premiere etc.)
Quote from Spangler_CZE :Yea, Fraps is best for a capturing video, for editting there are lots of programs (for ex. Sny Vegas, Adobe Premiere etc.)

i see.thx
guys,i already save my video by using fraps.i already downloaded all need softwares but i still don't know to make the video.i already follow the 1st post page 1 instructions but some i don't understand.please help me.
ok..i know how already.i'm using window movie maker.why i playback...the video look like hang,hang and hang? especially start drifiting and smoke.sometimes didn't hang but mostly hang.cannot play it smooth.anyone know why?please help me.i almost finish making video.
Quote from dcm_wc :ok..i know how already.i'm using window movie maker.why i playback...the video look like hang,hang and hang? especially start drifiting and smoke.sometimes didn't hang but mostly hang.cannot play it smooth.anyone know why?please help me.i almost finish making video.

Em, hang? Is that means, that your video goes slowly? I don't understand it at all...
Ad Movie Maker, for beginers, it is good choice, but if you want to try something more professional, better, if you use one of porgrams, which told Spangler (Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere)
Quote from Itar (CZ) :Em, hang? Is that means, that your video goes slowly? I don't understand it at all...
Ad Movie Maker, for beginers, it is good choice, but if you want to try something more professional, better, if you use one of porgrams, which told Spangler (Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere)

ermm..i don't know how to explain..can't play video smoothly.stuck,stuck,stuck.
Quote from dcm_wc :ermm..i don't know how to explain..can't play video smoothly.stuck,stuck,stuck.

Yes, that is better. So, you ahve to record vid in slowmo (I do it with 0.250 in LFS) and then speed up it in Movie Maker (If program makes it possible)

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG