The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Quote from Knight_Atack :Any help?

Keep it uncompressed until you've finished editing it, render to uncompressed from premiere, compress the final result with VirtualDub.
Not compressing it before going into Premiere makes video files huge, hard to work with, and makes the rendering very slow.
Yes but the proper way is to work with uncompressed file(s).
It makes 1gb video files that last less than 10 seconds. illepall

I figured a way though. Loses a bit of qual though. Still working on an alternative .
Quote from Knight_Atack :Not compressing it before going into Premiere makes video files huge, hard to work with, and makes the rendering very slow.

It actually often makes rendering quite a bit faster because there's no need to constantly uncompress the source you're working with.
At the end of the day you just need masses of drive space for movie editing unfortunately.
haha...

Compress before editing on the video.... u really dont know nothing lol bout video quality..

Its like forbiden to compress video sourece before editing. U loose like 50%of your original quality. And yeah maybe when u upload your final video to something like Youtube ye it gets downsamlped etc. so u dont see too much of ur great quality if made if HQ but u can always post a link to a HQ version of your video and trust me most people will et the HQ version even tho its bigger. So really for qualitly videos u need the best resolution video u can get. Also if u put effects in Premiere for example they would look much sharper and unrealistic then the video itslef. But yeah this is pure logic guys i can believe u post suck stupid quastions ROFL

and yeah sry for my tone

BTW. 1Gig for 10 secs seems abit too much. i remember doing like 20 mins clip for NFS full quality. Didnt take more then 8 gigz i think for the raw files. So chek your settings.
I'm trying to make a few custom camera angles but whenever I create a new camera angle and run the replay the viewpoint moves relative to the car. For example, if I set up a rear-facing camera and the car makes a left hand turn the camera ends up pointing somewhere off the side of the car, it isn't rear-facing anymore. I'd like to keep the camera static relative to the car (as seen in a couple of Don's slowmotion vids). Thanks in advance for any advice
Quote from amp88 :I'd like to keep the camera static relative to the car

Use a "custom view"

Quote from DoriKiN :Its like forbiden to compress video sourece before editing. U loose like 50%of your original quality.

Wrong, there are many ways to compress video, and of course lossless compression results in no quality loss.
OUTSTANDING!! Many thanks for putting up this info

I'm gonna be in trouble now! Gotta go play

Jim
i take it your using U25?
no im using u20
oh, because you dont get sound in replays at speeds other than 1x with the U21 onwards
oh ok when I use fraps when recording a normal replay it comes up about 5 fps. When its finished recording and I take a look at it as a finished avi, it has 5 fps. Why?
any ideas?
any?
#169 - Don
recording movies requires a very powerfull computer.

try putting the details to lower level, also make sure that LFS is running in some lower resolution (640x480 or 720x576). If that doesnt help, capture at 0.5x replay speed to 15FPS and then speed up the captured movie to 30FPS.
i got a problem. when i edit my clips in premiere and start saving it, i choose xvid codecs and 30 fps and click save, a window appears (saying rendering but no activity happening) and my computer seems to freeze.:P
#171 - Don
compressing right from premiere never worked for me. Always got either some error OR very crappy quality vid. Thats why i export uncompressed from premiere and compress it in virtualdub
Quote from Don :compressing right from premiere never worked for me. Always got either some error OR very crappy quality vid. Thats why i export uncompressed from premiere and compress it in virtualdub

oh righty. got it
how can i disable audio in premiere? any1? so i can use music for sound
Quote from d6nn :how can i disable audio in premiere? any1? so i can use music for sound

Right-click the clip, "Unlink", delete the audio.

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG