The online racing simulator
Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
Oh, no.
I don't download mods really.
So i'm guessing I just can't do it then.
Is it totally free and which one do I download from the website.
I use the old version of Fraps (fraps 1.9D)
It's not limited to 30s capture and it doesn't draw a "fraps" logo in the movie.
Limitations are :
No sound
Max size is 640 X 480 but this is more than enough for movies.

You can still find Fraps 1.9d on the Net (google is your friend)

I tried gamecam but as far as I can see you can not select framerate nor resolution.
Quote from Johannes :I tried gamecam but as far as I can see you can not select framerate nor resolution.

You can, but it's not very straightforward.
Ok i'm getting rather fed up with this now.
I just downloaded Fraps 1.9D and I think i'm gonna uninstall it before the end of today.
Now on fraps you select a folder to save the movies too, that's not on 1.9D so where would the movies go. Also when I click the hotkey I selected for record it doesn't record.
I think i'm gonna gave gamecam I try but I need to know is it TOTALLY free to download and if you need to download a trial version can someone gave me the exact link to a download for it.

EDIT: ok I realised I hadn't enabled the video capture hotkey, anyway I captured a few vids but (yes there's a but, my computer is just reluctant to let me get on with recording videos happily) when i play the videos it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."
Quote from nutty boy :I think i'm gonna gave gamecam I try but I need to know is it TOTALLY free to download and if you need to download a trial version can someone gave me the exact link to a download for it.

There's a "lite" (free) version, if you click on "gamecam lite" on the website you might just find it.

Quote from nutty boy :"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Try another media player, VLC and mplayer have their own codec libraries and will play pretty much anything.
As far as I know FRAPS uses it's own .avi codec... it should come with the program though.
Well I've downloaded GameCam and it looks promising. The problem is I don't actually know how to set a hotkey or how to work it or anything. Could anybody (filur seems to know alot about it) gave me a tutorial on how to record with it.
Fraps 1.9D must be installed at the root of the hard disk ( c:/fraps/ )
The videos are stored in the same fraps directory.
Fraps uses a codec you can find in this pack
http://downloadfinder.intel.co ... rl=/2846/eng/codinstl.exe

And please, there is a readme file provided with Fraps . You can find all answers and more in this file ...
Does anyone know of any Copyright Free Dance or Rock music sites, that i can get the music for free? I need the music for a video but i dont want to get done for copyright, as i have no music that is copyright free
Quote from EGGHEADNCJ :Does anyone know of any Copyright Free Dance or Rock music sites, that i can get the music for free? I need the music for a video but i dont want to get done for copyright, as i have no music that is copyright free

No one would ever care what you'd put into an LFS video, in terms of copyright etc.

Anyway, http://www.google.com/search?q=unsigned+mp3
ok thanks
I've downloaded Gamecam but I can get it to work with other games, but LFS keeps getting an error when I launch the game from Gamecam!

Does anyone have sucessfully launched LFS with Gamecam?

I hope anyone helps me
Hey,

I've got a question. I tried the slowmotion thing (:P), with 50 FPS on 720 * 480. I use Adobe Premiere Pro for my movies, but I've got a few problems;

When I export a clip longer than a minute Premiere keeps crashing. Maybe due the high fps? And also, after I exported a clip (5 secs long) I had black borders on the sides of the screen, it didn't get fullscreen. Although I selected square pixel when I started the project.

Anyway knows how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Darkone55, have you applied any filters to the clips?

My Adobe Premiere version allows only 30 fps, so to operate with high-fps movies, I just change framerate in VirtualDub to any needed speed and then after Premiere renders a movie, I open it again in VD, change FPS and compress the movie.
Quote from detail :Darkone55, have you applied any filters to the clips?

My Adobe Premiere version allows only 30 fps, so to operate with high-fps movies, I just change framerate in VirtualDub to any needed speed and then after Premiere renders a movie, I open it again in VD, change FPS and compress the movie.

No, I didn't use any filters (yet, I was first gonna try how it looked without).

But if I use half the speed, at 25 FPS. How can I add music to it?
Quote from Darkone55 :But if I use half the speed, at 25 FPS. How can I add music to it?

What do you mean by that?

Did you read the instructions in the first reply of this thread? To get slow motion record with x0.25 speed in LFS with 25 fps. Then double the fps (--> 50) in VirtualDub so the final video is actually in x0.5 speed with 50 fps. Or did I understand wrong because you just mentioned 50 fps but didn't say did you record with 50 fps in FRAPS. You've done 2 great movies so you're definately not a noob with editing so I'm a bit confused that you have problems with this.
Quote from Darkone55 :But if I use half the speed, at 25 FPS. How can I add music to it?

You add music when the video is finished, i.e when you've speeded it up to the fps you want it to be.
Quote from deggis :What do you mean by that?

Did you read the instructions in the first reply of this thread? To get slow motion record with x0.25 speed in LFS with 25 fps. Then double the fps (--> 50) in VirtualDub so the final video is actually in x0.5 speed with 50 fps. Or did I understand wrong because you just mentioned 50 fps but didn't say did you record with 50 fps in FRAPS. You've done 2 great movies so you're definately not a noob with editing so I'm a bit confused that you have problems with this.

That's not what I mean. The problem is with Premiere. I can't export at 50 FPS somehow. So, detail suggested to export it in 25 fps. And then speed it up again in VirtualDub, so I can get 50 fps. But then I can't put music under it.

I got 20 slowmotion clips here now, all working fine at 50 FPS, 720*480, but Premiere screws it all. :/

Quote from filur :You add music when the video is finished, i.e when you've speeded it up to the fps you want it to be.

When the video is finished I should import it to Premiere, and then put music under it. But then I still can't export it to 50 FPS..
Premiere will do, it's designed to operate at the standard cinema frame rate of 24fps or 24.9something in Premiere's case. Unfortunately it thinks anything else is a silly idea, therefore you need to use something else to run your footage at 50 fps
Quote from Darkone55 :When the video is finished I should import it to Premiere, and then put music under it. But then I still can't export it to 50 FPS..

Add the music in virtualdub.
Quote from MARQUISE :y is it that i see the video but get no sound

our dont explain your problem more clearly...
Which filters should be used?
Depends what kind of image you want. At least tune some colors and contrast.

Making LFS Movies!
(561 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG