The online racing simulator
Quote from huxorator :VTEC is about as pointless as diesel, isn't it? The diesel has full boost at low rpm where vtec has an extra boost at high rpm, right? I think that's what it does in Lotus Elise MK2, tell me if I talk about something totally different.

/edit: Mhkay, think I referred to Toyota's VVTi technique. But this seems to be not very far from vtec...

Why pointless? An engine without variable valve timing will need to be bigger, heavier and thirstier, or turbo-charged, to make the same power output as an engine equipped with the technology. I'll be surprised, amazed even, if there is a normally aspirated production car making circa 100bhp per litre that does not have variable valve timing. Not to mention the positive effect it can have on fuel-economy in normal cars.

And diesel is far from pointless too.
Trucks, as in V8 powered.Like the ones in NASCAR.
Attached images
nascar_dodge_ram_1500.jpg
tb_0103AUMSWFBA-LEAD.jpg
tb_engine.jpg
Why would you bother simulating a variable valve timing system like VTEC in a racing sim. No one would ever spend any time in the lower revs, just the high rev timing.

Seems like a lot of programming work to get something that isn't used on the track.

I don't even think F1 engines use a variable cam timing system, other than perhaps hydraulic lifters.
How about a car with a so-called "Wankel"-engine like the RX-8 has?

Would be cool when we get the engine damage, as it is almost impossible to overrev this baby (as far as I know)...
Quote from bbman :How about a car with a so-called "Wankel"-engine like the RX-8 has?

Would be cool when we get the engine damage, as it is almost impossible to overrev this baby (as far as I know)...

In so much as there are no reciprocating parts to damage though excess piston speeds, yes, you can't damage them. But at higher revs the lubricating oil film will break down, wearing the rotors, parts will become out of round due to non-uniform heat, and the combustion process will see to power coming down anyway.

All in all, best not to overrev if you can help it (especially when cold), but live in the knowledge that if you fluff a shift the revs shooting up momentarily won't do much damage.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from winchester :Trucks, as in V8 powered.Like the ones in NASCAR.

Ya, i thank this is a good idea. To do some type of trucks. And the NASCAR craftman trucks.
In the late 1960's some company made and marketed a Gasoline powered pogo stick. This Idea never caught on (I wonder why?)... But could you imagine racing with Those? LOL The Force Feed Back?

THe Company's name was Chance Manufacturing ... LOL Chance.
I would like to see something that would compete with the UF1000... something like a Fiat 500. Its small like the UF1, got around the same hp and is RWD so RWD people can get into mini door to door racing
A competitor for RA (not really): Tommy Kaira ZZ

I guess all road cars are quite well covered in LFS, no supercars yet...

Maybe something like this could be interesting
Some supercars would be nice :D
I wouldn't mind seeing some supercars and some of the fast sportscars.

I also thought how what classes they could be put in

There could be a class with the Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera GT and Pagani Zonda and Lamborghini Murcielago

Another class with the Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari 360 Modena and Dodge Viper GTS ACR and Lamborghini Gallardo

another class would be similair to the past class but with slightly faster cars, such as the Porsche 911 GT3, Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale and Dodge Viper SRT-10

and 2 lone classes, one for an F1 car and one for a Go-Kart

If these cars would be in the game, I'd be constantly grinning everytime I play LFS
Le mans
I must be honest but i didnt read all the posts so this might of bin said before - but le mans proto type car would b good, say that is roughly equal the f08 is (yes yes i no im a demo changin in few days) the F1 ish car that way culd race them together which wuld b good to see in my opinion
I can't belive no one has said this. (maybe they did)
ROTARY!!
Rx-7 or an Rx-8
Less tourque, more highend power. cool engine noise. FR drive w/ LSD & 6 speed. FUN! anyone else like my idea.
I think someone might have, if not here then in another thread, and maybe not so loud . I don't know if it was received with much enthusiasm tbh, rotors are sort of in the minority well, just about everywhere I've never dug the rotary noise or the lack of torque all that much myself, but they are fun (provided you don't have more than one passenger), I'll give you that! But hey, my dream car is a Mini Cooper (old, tiny & UK, not new, huge & German). Not much torque there

In the meantime, the XR Turbo is the closest thing to an RX7 (and sort of looks a bit like an older one. A bit). Can't recall if it's 5 or 6 speed though.

Someone, somewhere, suggested a small, low-powered roadster with sharp handling along the lines of a Mazda MX-5 (Miata in some countries), which I think would be a great idea
Carcará
well no time for picture editing....so words shld be enough........well maybe we shld have something like the classic merc. SL - "GULLWING"......its damn cool.....we cld also look for inspiration from some of he classics like the "De Tomaso Pantera".......and this one i think is a must have.....rip off from the "F40"........well the list can go on and on
Volvo 240
Volvo 850 T5R
Volvo 940
Nissan Micra
Nissan 200sx S14
BMW M3 CSL
Toyota Camry -00
here's my S3 wishlist:
1) A rotary of some description, non-turbo for me(RWD or else...)

2)The LX-8. No cancelations, I(and a lot of others) want this car real bad.

3)a little roadster with lowish power and awesome handling(it's no good asking for a specific car, that can't really be done)

4) A serious 4x4. No Hummers, but something simmilar a Toyota Landcruiser, or a Landrover Defender(And entirely off-road race tracks to go with them).Turbo diesel. No V8s. Only fools buy V8 4x4s.

5) Some sort of supercar (Big 10 cylinder or more things)

7) 6 and 8 cylinder sedans, simmilar to the Ford Falcon, the Holden Commodore and the dog-ugly Chrysler 300C

8) The racing versions of the above.

9) Go-carts. Just for a laugh.

10) Something with 4 wheel steering.
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I hadn't heard that. Is that a rumour, or is that offical?
The official word is maybe, but definatly not until S3 is considered final. Up to that point the tools used to make LFS are in a constant state of change just like LFS. So when S3 is final they may polish and release the tools for the comunity to continue building cars and tracks. There is not a yes or no yet, just a maybe.

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG