The online racing simulator
99% unofficial.
Quote from Daedelus :here's my S3 wishlist:

2)The LX-8. No cancelations, I(and a lot of others) want this car real bad.

4) A serious 4x4. No Hummers, but something simmilar a Toyota Landcruiser, or a Landrover Defender(And entirely off-road race tracks to go with them).Turbo diesel. No V8s. Only fools buy V8 4x4s.

5) Some sort of supercar (Big 10 cylinder or more things)

9) Go-carts. Just for a laugh.

10) Something with 4 wheel steering.

I really don't like these

2) The Westfield sEight is the perfect example of why the LX need not have a Rover V8, it will be horrible to drive, just too big for the car. It maybe OK now but the minute chassis stiffness is taken into account it will be horrible to drive. A Morgan +8 or MGB V8 would be much more logical choices of Rover V8 engined cars.

4) Turbo diesel 4x4s? At least have something like the Bower Wildcat which has some high speed offroad ability. The whole we want a Paris-Dakkar sim thing is never going to happen it's just so unfeasable.

5) Seriously I don't want to see these LFS is for much more serious track cars than the average supercar they'll always be slightly disapointing to drive after you've driven some much less powerful cars a lot faster.

9) Gets requested a lot I think trying to simulate 2 stroke engines is going to be too much work, unless Scawen does actually put bikes in as well (though Cooper 500s could be fun ). The new Papy sim (Fir$t, iLawyer) seems to have a couple of kart tracks listed as 'partners' so my guess is it will have karts in it, the one thing you can be shore of is if Papy do it the physics will be properly sorted.

10) Same as two stroke engines too much work just to get your Skyline also seeing as it's offered by about 3 manufacturers all of whom use a different system it's hardly that easy to find the information to simulate accuratley.

Whoever asked for big V8s historic Trans Ams have never been simulated but various Nascars have including Nascar Legends (1970s Nascars realeased by Papy shortly after GPL but never took off in the same way) and the current Trans Am cars in the N2003 mod and V8 Thunder cars mod for GPL (F5000 chassis with a big block Can Am engine).
What I'd like to see...
Being a Formula 1 fan, I'd love to see one of the last F1 V10 3.0 models.

The bad thing is that these cars have such crazy HP figures (around 950 HP, something like 1500 Hp/ton) that they use TCS in the races... yes they are allowed. So the TCS would have to be programmed and embedded into the car. And with TCS and all they'd be a bitch to drive!

Another thing is that there's very few spots on the tracks in the game where you could really let such a beast go wild. Unless the programmers put an imitation of a real track like Spa Francorchamps or Suzuka...

Kinda difficult, but I'd love to see that.
Taking all this "racing competitive cars" into perspective. i belive in adding 2-3 sedan/saloon v6/v8 powered cars... 2 punchy v6's and a lazy v8 with alot of torque. Maybe force the v8 to have a 4 speed auto . I think those will be competitive, right?

As for all this 4x4, adding some serious offroad track wont be that bad? Just a simple layout, with a steephill, and hill, some bumps, and alot of gravel, mud, and loose stone surface.

Throwing in 2 4x4's, One a Turbo Diesel, Torque, and a powerful V8's (gas). This wont really be for competition, just for having some good ol' fun offroad. Why not take advantage of the great physics?

I belive this quite acchiveable, since LFS allready simulates, sport hatchbacks, racecars, high performance cars, and the purpose build cars. There's the offroad group left. Woult be awesome to have!?
With any luck we'll get F1 cars in LFS around 2008. By then they'll have Control ECU's, so we won't have to put up with traction control anymore, either in the sport or in simulation.
stand by the road and watch what cars go by...

We want them all!
haha, you've never been to america then! believe, you dont half the cars you see drive by on the roads!
aussie V8's and TCC's (touring car championship) for the win
also those big blocks from US history would be a nice addition to tricky driving
Quote from Phill :haha, you've never been to america then! believe, you dont half the cars you see drive by on the roads!

LOL half the cars on the streets of America are ugly! Chevrolet Cavalier, Ford Taurus, Ford Tempo, to name a few...If a Japanese said that I would've agreed lol, Skylines, Chasers, Supras, Truenos
Quote :

4) Turbo diesel 4x4s? At least have something like the Bower Wildcat which has some high speed offroad ability. The whole we want a Paris-Dakkar sim thing is never going to happen it's just so unfeasable.

9) Gets requested a lot I think trying to simulate 2 stroke engines is going to be too much work, unless Scawen does actually put bikes in as well (though Cooper 500s could be fun ). The new Papy sim (Fir$t, iLawyer) seems to have a couple of kart tracks listed as 'partners' so my guess is it will have karts in it, the one thing you can be shore of is if Papy do it the physics will be properly sorted.

10) Same as two stroke engines too much work just to get your Skyline also seeing as it's offered by about 3 manufacturers all of whom use a different system it's hardly that easy to find the information to simulate accuratley.

4) I'm not asking for a Dakar Rally sort of idea, more a close in, slow and difficult off-road situation. I can't say I've heard of the wildcat, but my idea for off-roading doesn't involve high speed. Each to his own though.

9)Why do they need to be 2-strokes?

10) I wasn't thinking of a Skyline, Where did you get that idea?I was angling more along the lines of the Mazda MX-6 or Millenia. I wasn't even aware there were skylines with 4WS
Quote from Daedelus :4) I'm not asking for a Dakar Rally sort of idea, more a close in, slow and difficult off-road situation. I can't say I've heard of the wildcat, but my idea for off-roading doesn't involve high speed. Each to his own though.

That sounds more feasable if LFS's physics engine can cope with it.

Quote :
9)Why do they need to be 2-strokes?

Because that's what real karts are.

Quote :
10) I wasn't thinking of a Skyline, Where did you get that idea?I was angling more along the lines of the Mazda MX-6 or Millenia. I wasn't even aware there were skylines with 4WS

I'm fairly sure Skylines have got 4WS but which ever system you choose it'll be some complex setup specific to a manufacturer.
Quote from ajp71 :Because that's what real karts are.

Not all karts are 2-stroke. Pro-karts and Bilands are the ones I can think of at the moment, both 4-stroke engines. The Biland can nearly keep up with a Formula A (a 2-stroke) so they're not that slow.
I wants to see Volkswagen Golf 1 GTI

This car is born to be raced!
and an E30 M3 to go with it
Quote from ZpeTTeT :I wants to see Volkswagen Golf 1 GTI

This car is born to be raced!

Actually the car was born to take grannies to the shops, and has been modified to race.
Cars from FIA championships
I would like see cars like in FIA championships - world touring cars (BMW,Audi..), GT/GT3, Trucks !!!
a Super 2000 Touring Car
The ariel atom 2... please?
-it's simple
-it's pretty
-it's cheap
-it's blindingly fast... with no aero it's about as fast as the enzo and with aero it's GTR league

can't believe only one person mentioned it... such a revolutionary vehicle... so cheap yet so fast...

the atom 2... please...:woohoo:

"you can hold powerslides till you get bored with them"

"2g lateral acceleration"
Quote from Sandis :Volvo 240
Volvo 850 T5R
Volvo 940
Nissan Micra
Nissan 200sx S14
BMW M3 CSL
Toyota Camry -00

Aah good old Volvo Would love to see a Volvo 140/240. It's not a fast car but one hell of a drifter A car that you can actually have fun with Though a Volvo 740 TIC wouldn't be bad either (with some extra power and you can actually hear when you let go of the throttle and hear the turbo losing preasure) *drooling*
I can't find the thread about real cars that could be put in S3 the same way as MRT or Raceabout . I've found a project of small company doing Morgan-like fast roadsters. It's not that popuar so I think the licence wouldn't be a problem, since the company is in developement and only selling 20 cars a year and trying to increase that number.

http://www.leopard.se/
-
(Vain) DELETED by Vain
I think some diesel power would not be too hard to implement, would make endurance races interesting and they are quick nowadays. I have the use of an Audi A3 with a 100ps Pump Deuse Diesel engine and it is a flier. Bit nose heavy with the extra weight but it has endless torque. Another good example of a tasty diesel is the 3.0 inline six turbocharged effort that powers current BMW's. This can be chipped to 100bhp/litre and is a very competent motor.

I would love to see some vans in LFS, LWB Mercedes Sprinters are incredibly fun to drive and have bags of oversteer potential with hugely powerful diesel engines driven through the rear on crappy tires and with no weight in the rear to aid grip. They are also capable of 100mph+ easily.
Food for thought?
Oh, estate cars as well. Audi RS6/Volvol V70R/Subaru Legacy GT just for starters......
That nearly is the LX8... I was hoping the LX8 would borrow the 3L V8 from the FO8, but that would work too.

Yes! Diesel powered road cars! *Dances* I might suggest something along the lines of the new Mazda6 Turbo Diesel.

Oh, if there's going to be a Golf GTI in the game( or something simmilar) give it some competition. A BMW 1 series with the V6, a Mazda3 MPS/Mazdaspeed.

Peter
old FR mini car....is best
I'll second the Reliant Robin, that an a UF1000 could add up to a Mr Bean race.... So long as we can knock off the front wheel.

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG