The online racing simulator
Is there a reason som many people are still posting in this thread? We are not going to get any real world cars in LFS unless the devs strike it rich. The licencing costs are just not worth the trouble. If we are lucky we migth find some small manufacture or rac eteam that wants to use LFS as a showcase for their car or for testign of their cars, but those are more likely to happen of we as a comunoty approach these teams and manufactures to get them interested. In the end though any such deals also slow down work on planed features.
i want a good rally car. bumble bee engine, roll cage, co driver, also, we need a decent rally STAGE not rally cross tracks. and weather such as rain. and dirt on the cars. and window screen cracks. and drivers veiw getting chucked around tso we cant see where were going when we go over a bump. and fog. and fog lights. and snow. but no eskimos. jeez, i dont want much do i?
give me a 4 door rwd saloon in the TBO class and ill be happy
i have an idea, We make two LMPs and a competitor for the FZR, then we could have a Le mans style class system.

Group #1, the two LMPs
Group #2, The FZR and its competitor(maybe a Raceabout GTR?)
Group #3, FXR, XRR
Group #4, UFR,XFR(might need a slight balancing)

a little far fetched, but its kinda good.
UFR can keep up with an XFR at most slow-ish tracks, but long Astons and WE1 it falls behind
Audi Rs8!!!!!!!!!!!1
Quote from gremwood :Audi Rs8!!!!!!!!!!!1

Audi Rs8... Ok. What cars actually have been lisenced in LFS? RAC, uhh, well there are a couple more.

oh, here is a good one. FZ8R :P (FZR with a V8)

EDIT: Hmmm, if somone joined in 2005 or before and has not bought, either
1. you have another account
2. You play with a friend and use the same Lisence
3. You have been using that cheat.
4. you are an alien
FZ84R:

FZ with V8 4.5L twin Turbo/Intercooler and rear-biased (5-40% front torque bias) 4WD. Oh, it has 750hp, FAT powerband (90% max torque at 1500rpm!) and minimal (unadjustable) downforce (just enough to stop it from getting too twitchy at high speeds).
the XRT, FZ5, XRG, LX6, XRR bla bla bla r good to drift! this isnt a drift simulator its a RACE sim, not that a hate drifting, i even do it allot but, u still have to remember that LFS is a race sim
Quote from LFSn00b :I always wanted to see a Skyline R34 in LFS S2. Or a 350Z. Or... Some kind of a drift car, for example, an Toyota Chaser. Those were probably the cars i want to see in LFS.

you ask for a 350Z, but you have never driven the FZ5
Quote from Jamexing :FZ84R:

FZ with V8 4.5L twin Turbo/Intercooler and rear-biased (5-40% front torque bias) 4WD. Oh, it has 750hp, FAT powerband (90% max torque at 1500rpm!) and minimal (unadjustable) downforce (just enough to stop it from getting too twitchy at high speeds).

I like, I like
i have changed my idea in post #741, we could have the FZRs competitor be a Raceabout GTR(if it happens)
Quote from Jamexing :FZ84R:

And just where would you put the engine? On the back seats? Well, no more RR then. And that engine coupled with 2 turbos in race spec would probably be capable of producing 1000 bhp. Or more.
I would rather see the RAC GTR fit in to the XFR/UFR class and the XRR/FXR get a larger non-turbo engine to be more even with the FZR.
RAC GTR
RB4 GTR
LX GTR
RWD type of UF1/UFR
NASCAR
4door car
Race Truck
Drag Car
Crash test car LOL:rally_dri
updated raceabout version...
Racing Truck
:iagree:
Quote from huxorator :
Classes are enough in the game, but having more options in each class would make the game way more 'complete'.

/edit: This is more of a S2 wish than S3 to be honest.

Thats exactly where this sim should be headed for the next release...

We have a great and healthy racing community in Australia, with some very influencing drivers... We run a good mix of track/car combo's to keep everyone interested in either the AAL (australasian league) or MNR (monday night racing).

Alot of the time we need to run a single make series to keep it close. Yes the GTR's are great, and the XRR is my personal favourite car in the game, but a few more cars in each class would be fantastic, more so the actual race cars, not the road cars... UFR/XFR need another car to that class. GTR's could use two more cars, obvious one would be RB4 GTR and something to give the FZR a run.

Cheers... look forward to seeing the results of S3, hopefully by the time i get back from being away on hols for 6 months.
RA GTR. It's about time a proper MR GTR shows up in LFS.
I really do feel that we need more SUV's like all the cars seem really nice and fast but if we had more bigger and better cars would be really awsum even if a landrover or what ever off roader for rally-cross or what ever that would be awsome.
haha. the thread that wouldn't die....

i just read the *whole* thing, and i don't have any suggestions that haven't been mentioned already, but i'd like to add my vote(s) for:

1) mid-engine sports car that doesn't suck (i hate the handling of the RA!)

2) small front engine, rear drive touring car (like bmw e30)

3) monster awd touring car (like audi rs4)

4) small rally car

5) monster rally car

6) another F1 car to compete with the Sauber

7) a couple closed wheel prototype cars

and i also feel compelled to say that i don't think the devs should spend any time on trucks, motorcycles, "drift cars" (i mean come on guys, the suspensions of all these cars are tunable...) or drag racing cars. to each their own, or whatever (and yes, i realize that if they added such vehicles, i could choose not to drive them), but still....
lotus elise

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG