but isnt this a CAR thread and not a TRACK thead?
Quote from jarre :And I know drift cars are stock cars that has been tweaked. But so is most race classes aswell... D1 cars has different suspension, different tyres, more steering lock and yes, more horse power.
Why is everybody so against drifters? Draggers have got their special track so why can't the drifters get their?

READ my post, dammit, READ it.

D1 cars have upgraded suspensoin. Race cars have that too. It's not a neccesety. They DO NOT (i repeat, DO NOT!!!) use special tyres. D1 uses road tyres, as i said in my post before (which you have not read (apparently)), they use Bridgestone Potenza RE-0i, Advan Neova, Dunlop Direzza and simmilar tyres. Top of the line, highest gripping road tyres. Which you can buy (for a large amount of money, but still, you can. Oh, there's a possibility they are illegal in sweden). More horsepower is there just so they can press the gas and slide. And slide for a while. D1 drifters can drift with 150 BHP. They are that good. Again, it's not a neccesety. Special drift tracks... Where did you get that idea? D1 uses race tracks (yes, race tracks. Irwindale is an oval that has a layout inside, a bit different, but others are race tracks). They just take a section of the track that can be linked nicely. Usually it's a left-right/right-left combination. It can have more corners too. The more, the harder it is to judge in D1.

If you can't drift with the XRT it doesn't mean nobody can. Heck, i can (and i was a drifter, turned racer now) so don't go 'everybody is against drifters'. That's not true. Persoanly i'm against drifters that want 'special' cars and tracks. It's NOT needed. It's not real too. Learn how to drift. For more about that, visit http://www.lfs-torque.net/

EDIT: Oh, special tyres. This was suggested. It was suggested that a very hard and high gripping tyre would be brought in. Those 2 don't go very well with each other. It would be possible to bring just a very hard tyre that would also give you almost no grip. So it's almost pointless. You can drift with red tyres very well. I did 16 laps on BL1 non-stop with one set of tyres before they poped. Lost both of the rear in 6th lap on Kyoto Long. Did spin a few times but hey. It's doable.
Okey, thanks for the knowledge

I can drift the XRT, thats not the problem..
Just give me a car that looks like the XRT GTR but handle's like the XRT and I will be happy...
All about the looks. D1 cars look like ricers. Yes, they do. They have freaking neons!!! Kei Office Silvia had BLUE ones! illepall
an FZ80?

600hp?
Rev 2 11000rpm?
id like to see a truck,V8,V10, something special and outstanding
MONSTER TRUCK!
A car list for S3
There are a lot of cars that can go in this game .. LIke .. Mitshubishi Lancer Evo 9, Subaru Impretza WRX STI, Nissan Skyline R34-GT, BMW M5, Mercedes Cl 55 Amg, Audi RS 4, Audi S8, lamborghini Murcielago roadster, Ford Explorer Sprt track Concept (yes ..this game should have pick-ups and suvs .. i meam why not? these cars can be raced 2 .. )and the list can go on ... but at least i would like to se an Mitshubishi Lancer Evo 9 car like in S3 and if it is posibible .. in a future realease of S2 .. why not? So far i can just wait and see. If anyone has any information about what cars will be in future realeases of Live for Speed .. let me know. Thanks.
You've only tried 3 of them, so you might want to try the other 16 or so in LFS first.

If you want the Evo in LFS, all you have to do is 1. Buy LFS 2. Buy a licence* to use the car in LFS and present that to the devs 3. Wait a looooooong time.

*licence may cost between £50,000 and £1,000,000
what is it with Demo users wanting more content? I bet next he'll want it to be free as well!

grrrrrrrrr
Give me a break, what's wrong with asking for some new content? If his wishes come true, it'll benefit us licensed guys the most anyway.
I'd really like to see a naturally aspirated RWD car to match the XR GT Turbo. Something like an old BMW 325 with straight six engine @ 250 bhp. It would be nice to see the difference between these equal powered cars since there wouldn't be turbolag in the NA car.
Quote from O.Esko :I'd really like to see a naturally aspirated RWD car to match the XR GT Turbo. Something like an old BMW 325 with straight six engine @ 250 bhp. It would be nice to see the difference between these equal powered cars since there wouldn't be turbolag in the NA car.

The TBO class which consist of the FXO, XRT and RB4 is currently quite mismatched, and therefore adding new cars into this class would probably just make it even more unbalanced. And, a car like BMW 325 couldn't fit to this class because it would be the heaviest, compared to the XRT 1224kg, the beemer weighs around 1490kg, 2006 model). It weighs few hundred kgs more than the RB4). And probably something more fitting would be an M3 http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z2202/default.aspx. The 325 isn't even stock with 250horse... The 325 could race with the GT
I don't get this thread. I mean, it's pointless beyond belief. How about we compile a list of all cars ever made and then cut this thread down to one post just containing the link to that list.

No offense, but all these "I would like to see ... in S3" suggestions are so much wishful thinking it's ridiculous. About 99% of these suggestions/wishes will NOT be implemented by Scawen, and your best bet is actually modding tools which may be released with/after S3. THEN I can see a realistic chance of maybe seeing those cars in LFS. Seriously, please, I don't know which height you lot are currently orbiting in but you really need to get down to the ground again.

illepall :irked:
Quote from Hyperactive : The TBO class which consist of the FXO, XRT and RB4 is currently quite mismatched, and therefore adding new cars into this class would probably just make it even more unbalanced. And, a car like BMW 325 couldn't fit to this class because it would be the heaviest, compared to the XRT 1224kg, the beemer weighs around 1490kg, 2006 model). It weighs few hundred kgs more than the RB4). And probably something more fitting would be an M3 http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z2202/default.aspx. The 325 isn't even stock with 250horse... The 325 could race with the GT

True.
But my point was that I'd like to have a front engined rear wheel drive which could match the TBO cars. The 325 was a bad example, I should have referred to M3 CSL right away.
But the FXO, XRT and RB4 hardly are 100% accurate replicas of real life cars. It's the programmers who decide the specs.
Quote from AndroidXP :I don't get this thread. I mean, it's pointless beyond belief. How about we compile a list of all cars ever made and then cut this thread down to one post just containing the link to that list.

It is just a thread where people can suggest what (kind of) car people want to see in LFS. There is nothing bad if one suggests a new car for LFS in this thread. We all know that it is very unlikely that even 1% of the stuff suggested gets into the game, but who cares. I want prototypes.

There is nothing forcing you to read this
Quote from Hyperactive :There is nothing forcing you to read this

Yes, I realise that. It's probably just me getting grumpy seeing all the same "pointless" suggestions (over the last 3-4 years) pop up again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again (...) and again. :grumpy:
Careful Android XP, you're starting to sound older than you you really are...
All I asked for was a nice rear wheel drive V8 closed wheel race car with about 500BHP. Is that "pointless"? No car lisencing required there
Quote from skstibi :All I asked for was a nice rear wheel drive V8 closed wheel race car with about 500BHP. Is that "pointless"? No car lisencing required there

the Front of a Holden and the back of a Ford Falcon
and a track like Bathurst
Quote from Scrabby :the Front of a Holden and the back of a Ford Falcon
and a track like Bathurst

ALLRIGHT I'm all in for that one. Front of the Holden commodore would look really nice with the Ford GT-P rear
Bathurst looks like a cool track so... :eclipsee_
It would be nice to see some historics, but i would like to see some prototypes whether grand am, alms or gtp, also like in the open wheel it would be nice to have lower powered prototypes i.e. s2000, spec racers. I know it has been said many times before but karts, dtm, and rallycars/trucks would be nice. To quickly jump threads changing weather and different tracks would be sweet ok flame away
Quote from Jamexing :Careful Android XP, you're starting to sound older than you you really are...

missing some years in between.
and devs will have their survey on community anyway
Mmm.... what car I want for S3?

Maybe an Audi S3?

Ok, bad joke of the day done, back to work.
Quote from Eldanor :Mmm.... what car I want for S3?

Maybe an Audi S3?

Ok, bad joke of the day done, back to work.

What is wrong with the Audi S3? illepall
Quote from skstibi :What is wrong with the Audi S3? illepall

LOL nothing it's a great car, and the new version is just gorgeous, the new Audi fornt grills are great.

I was talking about the S3 - S3 joke (easy joke we call them here in Spain)

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG