The online racing simulator
New car.
Something like that could be cool to compete against the xrt! Hehe
o dear
Quote from only.one.RydeR :You seem to like 4WDs.

Oooh, what about an NA class 4wd? So demoers could have them.

Told that before I thought of that since my early demo days IMO the NA RB4 or completely new car (maybe some sedan ) to compete against XFG and XRG would be much better for demo than XRT or FBM. Just personal oppinion
LMP2 that means:
-800kg
-3.4L/V8 Atmo or 2.0L/V6 Turbo
-550hp
I'd like to have some sedan!
It would be cool to drift a Skyline ER34.

Shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
NASCAR would have been fun
Well, i really want some old classics, muscle cars etc...
And a massively updated sound engine
350z!!! i love it )))
My 2 pence worth.

Definitely should be included in S3:
- A large capacity normally aspirated (say 4l V8?) front engine RWD car to rival the FZ50
- The GTR race version of the above to compete with the FZ50 GTR
- A moderate power ~1.6/1.8l NA mid-engine RWD car (like an entry level Elise) to compete against the LX4
- A XRG GTR - A race version of the XRG (non-turbo) to add a RWD car to the 'touring car' (UFGTR/XFGTR) class
- A LMP1 LeMans type car
- The LX8 - gotta be done

Others suggestions (as S1 & S2 both conatian about 10 cars so 10 for S3?):

- A large capacity front engine saloon (like a Vauxhall Monaro (aka Holden Comodore) or the new M3)
- A largish capacity mid engine (4l V8 again or ~3.2l straight 6) car (as oposed to FZ50 which is a 911 style rear engined really)
- A 4WD version of the FZ50 (maybe with a turbo?!?)
- A dragster - for those who like that sort of thing!
- RB4 WRC - a lighter weight ~300-350Hp version of the RB4 for the Rally-X circuits

Possibly reduce the power of the XRTGTR & FXOGTR slighlty (to say ~400Hp) to give a GT3 type class (with the FZ50GTR and the new large front engine GT car making a GT1 class).
Quote from Si01 :My 2 pence worth.

- A large capacity normally aspirated (say 4l V8?) front engine RWD car to rival the FZ50
- A moderate power ~1.6/1.8l NA mid-engine RWD car (like an entry level Elise) to compete against the LX4
- A XRG GTR - A race version of the XRG (non-turbo) to add a RWD car to the 'touring car' (UFGTR/XFGTR) class
- A LMP1 LeMans type car

- A large capacity front engine saloon (like a Vauxhall Monaro (aka Holden Comodore) or the new M3)
- A largish capacity mid engine (4l V8 again or ~3.2l straight 6) car (as oposed to FZ50 which is a 911 style rear engined really)
- RB4 WRC - a lighter weight ~300-350Hp version of the RB4 for the Rally-X circuits

Possibly reduce the power of the XRTGTR & FXOGTR slighlty (to say ~400Hp) to give a GT3 type class (with the FZ50GTR and the new large front engine GT car making a GT1 class).

Great IDEAS!

"- A large capacity normally aspirated (say 4l V8?) front engine RWD car to rival the FZ50"

I still think a AC v8 closed wheel roadster would be perfect for this!

"- RB4 WRC - a lighter weight ~300-350Hp version of the RB4 for the Rally-X circuits"

A road tires that could compete against the XFR and UFR would would perfect as well
what about MR (engine) cars...

like: NSX or MR2, or something like that...

i will be nicea system like: VTEC(honda) or VVL(nissan), VVTI(Toyota), etc, etc...

about 4.000 rpm increase his power (hp) will be nice... i think...

regards
Quote from Si01 :My 2 pence worth.

- A LMP1 LeMans type car

-yes!
-dunno, would too much of a cow if it was a sedan. If it was a coupe,then yes. Something along the lines of the DBo9 with a V12 maybe. And then make a FZ50 Turbo to compete with it both in the GTR and road class
-Triumph TR3 maybe? Save the Elise for the TBO class methinks. And instead of the elise, Exige 240R would be the thing to be here. Or maybe something with just a little less power (for balancing purposes).
-yes and no. No to the XRG. SOmething dofferent i say. THe XR shape is really nice but with 3 cars already. Dunno, it's becoming the 911 of LFS (which has Carrera S, 4S, Turbo, GT3, GT3 RS, GT2 and maybe some other version too, plus the racing GT3 RSR). And they all look basicly the same.
-YES!
-don't mind if it's not there. It'd be ina class of it's own anyway...

-covered in the first suggestion (possibly), otherwise sure, why not.
-leave the 3,2 straight 6 for the E46 M3 :P And inline engine (6+) will be useless in an MR i think, it's just too big. V8 is the way to go - competition for the big class (FZ Turbo, the V12ish coupe, etc.). Basicly a 200 mph class.
-YES YES YES!!! With a GTR version
-useless IMO with only one track. The dragstrip is mroe of a test track anyway... Too much work to be done for basicly no purpose other than being driven 20 times donw a road and that's all.
-don't miss a WRC car really since we don't have any stages, but meh, it's a popular demand.

Lowering the power of those two and make a GT3 class? What about GT2? As i said, FZ50 Turbo, DBR9 lookalike, the GTR MR and we have GT1. We already have GT2 (the current GT1, XRR, FXR and FZR), add a prototype and we have multiclass racing. Maybe throw out the FXR and swap it with an MR (F430 thingie). Then we could make the FXR a rally car. I know, this gets rid of a 4WD GTR (appart from the FZR turbo which would HAVE to have 4 WD with 600-700 bhp to be raceable), but in reality, how many 4WD GTRs are out there? There were the IMSA quattros, the Skyline GTR and then the list more or less ends.

EDIT:
Quote from Neto_r :what about MR (engine) cars...

like: NSX or MR2, or something like that...

i will be nicea system like: VTEC(honda) or VVL(nissan), VVTI(Toyota), etc, etc...

about 4.000 rpm increase his power (hp) will be nice... i think...

regards

VTEC and technologies just give less power and make the cars nicer to drive and make them consume less fuel. THen when you push them, they open up completely. Since we always race the cars in FLS i think it's useless to code the VTEC like technology. MR yes, VTEC no.
i wouldnt mind seeing some subaru's sti's, nissan skyline GTR's, mitsubitshi EVO's, NISSAN 200sx s14/s15 and the series 7/8 rx-7
Yes personally I agree with comment on the drag car, dunno how many people actually 'do' drag racing (don't myself!), so it might be a waste of effort that could be put to better use, but some people might like it.

Re: "elise" type car; I'd just like a mid engined car that you can really chuck about, and I think it'd probably compete against the LX4 quite well. Would be almost like the RaceAbout but with no turbo and less power, thereby elimating the peaky power delivery so you can really man-handle it.
(Gotta say I quite like the RaceAbout now, it seems to have been toned down a bit from the animal it was when I first started playing LFS a couple of years ago, or maybe I've just got a lot better!)

Yes the XRG/T shape might get a little over-used but it seemed the logical car to make a RWD entry into the "touring car" class.
Maybe add another car to the TBO class (yes, yes, i know, we have balancing issues already) or maybe to the XRG/XFG, the new car being a 4 door sedan with something like a 2.0 engine. N/A. Add that to the XFR/UFR class. Change the UFR specs to have a 2.0 engine as well and we have an S2000 class - WTCC.
Well you all pretty much mentioned every car there is to mention, it all would be great in its own way. I cant decide which i would prefer over others. Think im for some V8.. wrapped in a 4 door saloon outfit
Lx10 :d
Quote from Zyrez :Well you all pretty much mentioned every car there is to mention, it all would be great in its own way. I cant decide which i would prefer over others. Think im for some V8.. wrapped in a 4 door saloon outfit

Why do you have to choose 1 car? As there are ~10 cars in S1 and ~10 cars in S2, it doesn't mean that there will be 10 cars in S3 but I'd bet (& seriously hope!) there'll be more than 1, and probably at least half a dozen. Be greedy and decide on a few mate!
i wanna see Zyrez avatar
I'd like to see a competition car from the XFG, sort of a GT1, faster than the other racing car, the XFGT2, I think...this car could be another competition between the FXOGT, the car that looks like a Ferrari and that XRGT... I'm a demo racer, so don't judge me...when I buy S2 (hopefully) (or S3, I dunno this very well) I may see that car...
Quote from Si01 :Why do you have to choose 1 car? As there are ~10 cars in S1 and ~10 cars in S2, it doesn't mean that there will be 10 cars in S3 but I'd bet (& seriously hope!) there'll be more than 1, and probably at least half a dozen. Be greedy and decide on a few mate!

Sure, i can think of the first 1000 cars i would like in lfs, but this 85 page thread pretty much corvers it as i said I dont think me saying "Ay" will change much of scawens and the others decision on which cars to add.. but hell, its worth a try so here we go

- I would like (allready sounds like a kid in a candyshop :tilt the FZ5 to have a front engine. It have seriously balanceproblems (its fast and got loads of grip, but when it lets go, it really lets go), so a frontengined sportscoupe like a DB9 or 575M/599 or even just a E46 M3 would be nice.

- A fourdoor hatchback in the tbo class, something like a Leon Cupra. Not much different to the FXO, but would just look better

- A V8 musclecar like an older camaro, corvette, mustang, you name it. Ideal for the dragstrip, and some old school racing would be cool. Well now i like cruise servers so the mainreason for this request would be cruising along at 60 mph, V8sound and a suspension soft as butter

- Something.. just something.. with a supercharger. And for the love of god remember the sounds. I really like hearing a supercharge whine as its reving out

- Something like a golf mk5 GT. 1,4 turbo and supercharged with 170 horsepower. Could close the hole between the XR/FG and turboclass.

- Like in first post a V8 saloon. If you ask me, thats just really the hot stuff when we are talking cars. Would prefer a RS4. Its bloody fast, looks good and is surprisingly fast on a track. So racing in that would just be awesome.

- Another hatchback but with a striaght six. Something like a bmw 130i.

- A proper trackday car like a lotus elise, or even a arial atom (THAT would be awesome) instead of that uncontrolable piece of *beeeb*itty RAC. Something that dont necessarily have a billion horsepower, but you can trash. Throw it in the corners and it just stays there as glued to the tarmac.

- Something with a bit more turbolag. One of the fun things driving a turbocar is feal how the turbo kicks in, and in the XRT you hardly notice anything. Dont need more HP, just some turbolag

- A group B rallycar. If it should be perfect a fivecylinder fourwheeldrive turbocar (I mean ofcourse Audi Urquattro :nod

- A top notch environmentkilling supercar. Murcielago/Enzo/Carrera GT/Zonda.. all that kinda stuff. We talk V12 and 600+ hp. Should be able to compete with the big GTR's. A roadcar that can hit 200mph/320 km/h thank you

could go on and on but im tired so this will be it for now. Hope that was better Si01
Zyrez.. me likey what you thinky
i would like to see and old american car you know cause the cars in lfs are from the 90's forward. i knoww i have the demo but im buying the s2 package. soo its a sugestion

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG