The online racing simulator
why am i not get the ontrack drivers to show up on the GUI?
Are you trying to connect to a remote host?
Quote from z-ro 8 :why am i not get the ontrack drivers to show up on the GUI?

You're going to have to tell us exactly what you did
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You're going to have to tell us exactly what you did

lol not really sure. just installed it and have been messing with it to get it to work
OK...

z-ro 8, This is simple:

Download the Director, then go to a folder named DOC and try to take a time to read what they wrote there!!

It helped me a lot! I can even edit cameras and so on!!

It might be useful!!
Quote from buck77 :OK...

z-ro 8, This is simple:

Download the Director, then go to a folder named DOC and try to take a time to read what they wrote there!!

It helped me a lot! I can even edit cameras and so on!!

It might be useful!!

will do. thanks bud
Quote from z-ro 8 :will do. thanks bud

Anytime!!

And if after reading the documents you will find there you still need any help, come ask us!
#433 - Aid
great software! what i miss is fastest lap info with focus on a driver also i don't know about priority which driver to show but i watched race and i've seen leader for about 15s in 30 min race.. is there a way to set such priorities?
hm also some driver had been shown for 3-5 min without a change... anything i can do with that? what defines which driver is on focus?
Quote from Aid :great software! what i miss is fastest lap info with focus on a driver also i don't know about priority which driver to show but i watched race and i've seen leader for about 15s in 30 min race.. is there a way to set such priorities?
hm also some driver had been shown for 3-5 min without a change... anything i can do with that? what defines which driver is on focus?

Use the Graphic user interface (=GUI) to manually change drivers in focus.
#435 - Aid
well you see I can't do that because i was recording race using fraps at full screen thats why i'm asking about auto focus thing
Quote from Aid :well you see I can't do that because i was recording race using fraps at full screen thats why i'm asking about auto focus thing

normally, based on the concept, TVdirector shows the closest battles on track... sören somehow did it to use the real distances between the cars for it...

... I'd advice you the following...

recording on your pc, and using the remote function of TVd and controlling it via a second PC..
i do this...
i connect my pc to a 43" flat/wide tv and i run the replays with the tvdirector...
i control the cameras with my notebook. it's very funny! ^_^'
#438 - Aid
TFalke55 yes i susspected that it takes closest fights and focus on them and i like that, great thing but sometimes is focuses on car for too long and like i said i've said i could see leader for about 15s (if even that) in 30 min race. unfortunately i can't control it from another pc.. looks like the project is suspended now (no activity for months from author?) but concept is realy realy good but imo there is few thing that could be upgraded and it would resoult in even better piece of software
Quote from Aid :looks like the project is suspended now (no activity for months from author?) but concept is realy realy good but imo there is few thing that could be upgraded and it would resoult in even better piece of software

Err... the "project" started in 2006, the time between updates has been 9 months in one case so I wouldn't call it dead just now... Sören may or may not continue it, it is after all completely up to him. And not to mention all the effort it takes to create a piece of software.
#440 - Aid
listen im not rushing him or anything. i know how much it takes as i do some programing. i just said that more could be done
Bump this tool. ~*~

I love this program. It's a shame I don't have the time to figure out how to run it at the same time as CSR (uses outguage) runs. I am now a slave to the economic crisis.

I use CSR for backfires and other small effects that aren't in LFS by default, (not faked engine sounds).
:bump: and tool it means .

Sorry for the TWO MONTHS BUMP =s
but i want to really say this is nice tool
this is indeed!

how can I add 'layers' to my streaming?
what do you mean by layers?
Overlays?
You can't.
yes you can do your own overlays but you need to program something new for it... this program here is limited to what you get
Quote from TFalke55 :yes you can do your own overlays but you need to program something new for it... this program here is limited to what you get

hhmm thx!!

and do you know some program that could help me doing it?
I really don't have any idea... I might know some books in wich C++ and Visual C is explained described and stuff... I can immagine that it might help you to do some "real" overlays (like in TV)... for such a button based inlay system as TVDirector delivers you I'd ask someone in the Programmer Subforum for a tutorial or something like that...

I do not have any experience with programming, but that's the bit I know...

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG