The online racing simulator
Quote from Ondrejko :i have problems with some cameras, track is not visible. what is wrong? i use full details in LFS.

Try moving the cameras a little nearer to the track. Sometimes LFS doesn't know what to do draw to where the camera is.
Quote from Ondrejko :i have problems with some cameras, track is not visible. what is wrong? i use full details in LFS.

What might work is moving your cameras quite close to where the actual LFS TV cameras are.
thanks for thios one
Quote from TFalke55 :
Well just a question: Is it planned to make the inlays thingy compatible to Qualifying, Sören??? would be cool if so

Why have I sometimes seen inlays during qualifying?
Quote from hyntty :Why have I sometimes seen inlays during qualifying?

i meant it with displaying times and a clock ticking down at the top of the screen... you know also... since when is TV Direcot fully compatible? With V0.3 i'd had the experience of confusing inlays during qualifying, wich didn't show the actual standings.
thanks 4 this
I'm now constantly getting "follower could not find position" at SO2. Nothing I do solves this problem.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'm now constantly getting "follower could not find position" at SO2. Nothing I do solves this problem.

in shift-U mode the camera must be inside the drivable area (in SO a really bad restriction). One of the cameras in your cam file seems to be outside of this area. Try to identify the camera, delete it and add the camera again. Do not place the camera directly at the border of the drivable area (the wall) but some centimeters away to consider rounding errors.

Note: in case of a track update it is very likely that your cam file will become invalid too.

kind regards
Soeren
Quote from Soeren Scharf :in shift-U mode the camera must be inside the drivable area (in SO a really bad restriction). One of the cameras in your cam file seems to be outside of this area. Try to identify the camera, delete it and add the camera again. Do not place the camera directly at the border of the drivable area (the wall) but some centimeters away to consider rounding errors.

Note: in case of a track update it is very likely that your cam file will become invalid too.

kind regards
Soeren

Thank you. Also, I found that in tracks like SO2 the camera keeps trying to start at x000y000 which cannot be reached. A way to solve this is to open the CAM file in notepad and delete everything and start again. Also, sometimes cameras clone themselves and again you have to go into notepad and delete the cloned cameras.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Thank you. Also, I found that in tracks like SO2 the camera keeps trying to start at x000y000 which cannot be reached....

would you please send me your cam file of SO2 (or write/attach it here or in a PN)? Then I will have a look in it. Please also tell the used patch.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :... Also, sometimes cameras clone themselves and again you have to go into notepad and delete the cloned cameras.

Sounds crazy, do you have an idea how to reproduce this?

kind regards
Quote from Soeren Scharf :would you please send me your cam file of SO2 (or write/attach it here or in a PN)? Then I will have a look in it. Please also tell the used patch.

Sounds crazy, do you have an idea how to reproduce this?

kind regards

I fixed the file, but if it happens again I will send it to you. I'm using the latest patch - Z.

Also is it correct that you can only add cameras while the game is not paused?
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Is there a way that we could get camera's for all the tracks?? On my PC, it only works on blackwood

Greetz,
DutchShogun
Quote from dutchshogun :Is there a way that we could get camera's for all the tracks?? On my PC, it only works on blackwood

Greetz,
DutchShogun

just create your own cameras , its long Process , but in the end its your own camera , not someones elses =)
Quote from Nicocrank :just create your own cameras , its long Process , but in the end its your own camera , not someones elses =)

aha, and how to do that? i dont understand a thing from the readme etc :P
notthat hard, when on a track , and u got your TV Director and TVGUI open, u have to click on he second icon , Look like Camera . that enable u to edit, camera, so in game you have to do Shift+U to enter Edit mode, then u position your view where u want a camera. to actually set a camera position u just open a text window and press A (a is for adding a new Camera, M is to reposition a existing camera , then u eturn to TV GUI , and u can actually edit the duration of the camera, by car positioning (node) so from start 0 nodes to 15 as exemple, means when the car will pass on the 0nodes its gonna switch to that camera, until car reach Node 15,

hope it help

45°//Crank
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Also is it correct that you can only add cameras while the game is not paused?

Just noticed this MP, and yes it seems that way - when paused on a track which already had cameras it duplicated them, and generally did dodgy stuff, and on one which I was creating from scratch it either duplicated them or did the 000000 thing.

Best thing to do is start a long AI race with a few cars and editing like that.
Quote from dutchshogun :aha, and how to do that? i dont understand a thing from the readme etc :P

A tutorial with pictures and screenshots is not enough? I have no clue what I could do better. Maybe you can tell me, what do you don't understand.

Quote from boothy :Just noticed this MP, and yes it seems that way - when paused on a track which already had cameras it duplicated them, and generally did dodgy stuff, and on one which I was creating from scratch it either duplicated them or did the 000000 thing....

Pausing the game is possible in Multiplayer Replay, in Singleplayer Replay and in Singleplayer Race. Most of the time I have used replays for my tests. What are you using?

btw: Some time ago during my tests I noticed a funny thing. I tested creating and editing camers in Single Player Race, then I saved the replay and tried to continue editing cameras with that replay. Unfortunately all camera chat commands were saved and replayed too, and so the software went crazy

regards
Soeren
Quote from Soeren Scharf :
btw: Some time ago during my tests I noticed a funny thing. I tested creating and editing camers in Single Player Race, then I saved the replay and tried to continue editing cameras with that replay. Unfortunately all camera chat commands were saved and replayed too, and so the software went crazy

... and if you happen to be online on a server, and someone else says a or m..
I've used all of those methods to edit the cameras, but when paused it seems that it doesn't work - when you type "m" to move the camera it shows it in normal chat and doesn't show the "TV Director moved to this new position" message.

Also, are you planning any updates to the programme, as there are some good suggestions in this thread?

A couple of things - many times I have seen it jump suddenly between battles at the front and at the back of the field - perhaps the front of the race should have more focus?

Is there anyway a) stationary cameras (through a checkbox in the TVD GUI?) b) camera zoom settings (through a minimum/maximum zoom in the GUI?) or c) some cameras could be given a lower weighting, so only show half or a third of the time, instead of every lap (this could be another setting per camera in the GUI?) could be implemented?

And how are the overlays done - could this be changed so that custom overlays or more settings (eg styles/colours etc) can be used - like http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23957?

Danke fur dein arbeit!

Michael
Quote from boothy :
And how are the overlays done - could this be changed so that custom overlays or more settings (eg styles/colours etc) can be used - like http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23957?

The overlays are done by using the LFS-own buttom system, while e.g. rFactor TV Style Display works with an Graphic application based on .net-framework. The LFS button system is the one wich also builds up the menus on several servers and is not changeable. The good thing is that it works on every computer.
btw i always do my camera online when i get bred wati for race restart, Cuz yes its easier to make them, when cars are movie on the track ,

and also the Tutorial included in the Tv Director Files, is very good and easy to unerstand
I've again a problem with TV Director: When I want start the program to watch replays, I get the message "InSim: password does not match your multiplayer admin password". Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
just go under Multiplayer -> Start new host (neuen Server starten) and clear the field under Admin password
Thanks!
But now I have a new problem: I can't choose a particular driver who I want watch.

Problems about problems this evening.
Your tv director application is not on / the gui can't/won't connect to it.

Make sure you use the right ip, port (though these should be alright by default). Also, there's a sequense to use when starting the applications: 1)GUI 2)TVdirector 3)lfs

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG