The online racing simulator
I'm definitely not aiming for that much detail to start with, just enough to see if it's worth expanding. I've got a fair few other things to see to first though, as always Wink
Has anyone succeeded in making TV Director work on X or Y layout?

I made cams for KY3_31 layout using the pth file KY31 (made I think by Eqworry?)and I renamed it KY3X pth.

I managed to create the cams I wanted, and it even works in manual control, but in autocontrol it sucks totally; it tries to shoot the full lap from one single cam -> the most of the time you see only trees/vegetation in your screen. Whats the problem? (my guess, the custom pth lacks something information TV Director uses?)

Attached ZIP containing pth file, cam file and spr file with one lap on ky31 layout.
Attached files
ky31camFail.rar - 76.7 KB - 576 views
Anybody got this working with 0.6R10 patch? I wonder is my PC just having a bad day, but I cannot connect to LFS TV director anymore, I mean, I do the normal routine, put /insim 32300, then select "connect" from TV Director Gui, but nothing happens in LFS
It seems to be working for me on the R10 patch.
Did you have the TVdirector in the same directory as the patch?

Or you can manually enter the path to the Patch directory in the TVDirector.cfg file by uncommenting the Path2LFS line.
Quote from redbot_ :It seems to be working for me on the R10 patch.
Did you have the TVdirector in the same directory as the patch?

Or you can manually enter the path to the Patch directory in the TVDirector.cfg file by uncommenting the Path2LFS line.

Good to hear. Then its just my pc that behaves unfriendly now. I've always kept both TVDirector exe files in my LFS root directory.

edit: my bad, i just messed with port numbers - for some reason I had changed gui port number, dunno why.
The line

;Path2LFS=C:\LFS

is commented in the cfg file.
You have to remove the semicolon before Path2LFS and add your directory path after that to work.

I'm not sure if that's the problem, but it's worth a try.
Hi guys... I have a problem and would appreciate help if someone could.. so, I cannot run tv director on BL1 for online replays. Works like a charm with SPR files but nothing happens with MPR. Just BL1 track, runs just fine every other track. Only thing I get are two error messages in pink: first something like "InSim Blocked: TV DIrector" and "Insim error: wouldblock" ... got another one related to buffer that I cannot remember. Again, only SPR files at BL1. MPR files at the very same track and every replay file elsewhere works great. Any help anyone? Thanks in advance

EDIT: Ok.. I narrowed a bit more the issue, which seems to be with the UFR car on MPR files. All fine on SPR files as well as other cars on both SPR and MPR files. It will work however if I disable GUI access and only run thos MPR files with the UFR car on automatic TV Director mod, which I am doing in the meanwhile, however I can´t help but missing the GUI access for better control. If someone has a clue to work around this I would greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance everyone.
Hi everyone. I beg for a good soul to help me out with this one. My problem is with GUI but I cannot reckon a clear pattern of the issue.

With GUI disabled TV Director seems to work in auto mode just fine in any situation.

However, it will fail with GUI enabled in a few others. First I thought it was track related but apparently it has to do with some mpr files in a few given tracks. Spr files seem to work fine as well.

On those situation when doesn´t work TV Director will state on the chat it is activated but it just doesn´t work at all. I get a few different messages on the chat, not always the same, but it goes something like:

- InSim version 0 requested - using 6
- InSim timeout : TV Director

on the GUI I sometimes get a pop up window saying "GUI version doen't match TV Director version. Than if I disable GUI than it works fine on "auto pilot".

I'm leaving screenshots of those messages.

If someone can help sort this out I would appreciate a million... Not being able to control the replay through GUI is very limiting and frustrating... the "auto pilot" is not bad, but I need more control specially to record videos and so on...

Anyone has a clue for me, please? Thanks in advanced!
Attached images
gui lfs.png
lfs_00000173.jpg
Quote from Silvio Tavares :it has to do with some mpr files in a few given tracks. Spr files seem to work fine as well.

Maybe upload here those problematic mpr files and others may try if TV Director work with them?
Quote from lucaf :Maybe upload here those problematic mpr files and others may try if TV Director work with them?

Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. Could you try this one? In case you don´t have a cam file for the layout I´ve attached one, just need to change the file extension from .txt to .cam ... can't upload cam files here. Thank you so much!
Attached files
FE5R r1.mpr - 2.8 MB - 544 views
FE5R.txt - 533 B - 467 views
Quote from Silvio Tavares :Good idea. Thanks for the suggestion. Could you try this one? In case you don´t have a cam file for the layout I´ve attached one, just need to change the file extension from .txt to .cam ... can't upload cam files here. Thank you so much!

Sorry for delay. Forgot to watch this thread.

I can confirm there is something weird in that combo. It doesn't work for me either. It even jammed totally my pc with this error. I used your cam file and it worked in single player mode.

No worries m8, thanks a million for testing it out. I have other replays on other tracks with the same issue.. blackwood, aston, westhill..no idea how cars influence... spr files seem to work fine, and GUI disable also works fine... On that same track I also have a 0.6R mpr file with XFG that runs just fine as well... I will try to narrow down a bit more and try to bring other examples..

Again, thanks a lot for the effort, very much appreciated Smile
-
(seldon) DELETED by seldon
V0.3 kinda bugged. I can't get it to work correctly and when I finally get on a track where I can activate the TV Director mode, the lap counter is correct but as the cars go across the line, the GUI along the bottom flashes up for about 0.2 seconds and I cannot read it at all with that length of time.
Also the camera placements are terrible, all I see when in the reply mode is trees and grand stands - I WANNA SEE THE ACTION.
If this could be fixed that would be awesome!
Quote from Features_Gaming :V0.3 kinda bugged. I can't get it to work correctly and when I finally get on a track where I can activate the TV Director mode, the lap counter is correct but as the cars go across the line, the GUI along the bottom flashes up for about 0.2 seconds and I cannot read it at all with that length of time.
Also the camera placements are terrible, all I see when in the reply mode is trees and grand stands - I WANNA SEE THE ACTION.
If this could be fixed that would be awesome!

The documentation contains instructions on how to adjust every camera, or add your own. If you need help, drop me a message on Discord.
Quote from mbutcher :The documentation contains instructions on how to adjust every camera, or add your own. If you need help, drop me a message on Discord.

What is your Discord username/number?
Hi, please I need your help.
I have a question about the creation of the 3 views camera(incar, front, rear).
I saw this:
To set these up you need to create the views in LFS without TV Director running, you can save the view manually with:
/view save

You can modify the custom view in options > view. It should automatically save once you exit the options menu at which point you can copy it from LFS/data/views.

For TV Director to provide you with the correct onboards you need to create a file for each view per car called:
XXX_incar.cvw

XXX_front.cvw

and
XXX_rear.cvw

where XXX is the three letter car code of the view you created.

Place those inside the views folder in TV Director before starting it up.

I did this but when I select a view, for exemple rear view, after if I want to change the view with another view, the view didn't change and stay on rear view.

I check the view files and they have a different creation time.

I saw this on the folder LFS/Data/Views, the creation time of the view file change when I change the view in LFSdirector but the view didn't change in the game.

Thank you for your help.
Quote from meuhmeuh :snip

Onboards no longer work in a predictable way in LFS TV Director. You should be able to get one onboard angle to work, but I'm afraid multiple onboard views aren't possible unless LFSTVD gets an update, which seems unlikely.
Quote from mbutcher :Onboards no longer work in a predictable way in LFS TV Director. You should be able to get one onboard angle to work, but I'm afraid multiple onboard views aren't possible unless LFSTVD gets an update, which seems unlikely.

TY!

An update with leaderboard, gap time, etc.. could be fine like real TV broadcast.
hello, is it possible to place cameras on layouts, BL2X style? when I try it takes me bl as a circuit and suddenly it does not work.

Thanks for your help

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG