The online racing simulator
Has been a long time since last update here. Just informing what is the status now. Just recently started using it on replays with help of the gateway and its wonderful. There is still much room to make it even better. So i cant wait...
I have a problem but can't find the answer throw this topic so ... I may be do something wrong since I don't realy understand all the insim/outsim/outgauge stuff (don't know the diffrence between each other lol).

Here is what I do (according to the readme file it should work):
1°) Launch TvDirector
2°) Launch Lfs, /insime=32300
3°) Go back to TvDirector, choosing the good track, click on the LFS icon, and connect
4°) Go back to LFS and theoricaly enjoy but ... I got repetitive message going by paire of two saying this: "InSim: First byte in the packet does not match size".

Since this message is displayed I can safley say that the connection is established but doesn't work. I offcourse used LFS X.

Any idea of what's going on?
You are not using the insim gateway.

In patch X insim changed. The same author made a conversion program that works with several addons. It ties us over until a new version is released.

Dont think its in this sub forum but i know its in the programmers subforum. Just search for insim gateway.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :You are not using the insim gateway.

In patch X insim changed. The same author made a conversion program that works with several addons. It ties us over until a new version is released.

Dont think its in this sub forum but i know its in the programmers subforum. Just search for insim gateway.

Thank you for the quick answer. I was absolutly not aware of these changes. I'll search for the gateway

Edit: Indeed, I found it. Here is the link in case of somebody else would search for it.
InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

i get that ALOT ALOT ALOT

i open LFS, choose BL1, and type /insim=32300
Quote from noob4ever :InSim : first byte in packet does not match size

i get that ALOT ALOT ALOT

i open LFS, choose BL1, and type /insim=32300

LOL, just read my reply JUST ABOVE yours ...

Anyway, for me I fixe the problem with the gateway but still don't work. I shift+u but nothing happened. Does I check "follow the car (xxx)" ou not? Too bad it seemed so good
Hmm, look at my attachment. Are the ports in the gateway correct?

1. I open LFS director and click on the LFS button.
I click OK (port: 32301)
2. I open the gate way and click start gateway.
3. I open LFS and write /insim=32300
4. A message appears: LFS Direktor: Hello LFS, I am your TV director

I open a replay and press shift+U

works fine.

Camera files should be included. Maybe not for all tracks/combos
have a look here:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=400724#post400724
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=423031#post423031
Attached images
Gateway.jpg
I tryed and tryed again but I think there is something wrong between my antivirus and the gateway. Each time I try the tv director I got my nod32 crashing, then the gateway, then i got a lot of troubles. I must reboot in order to get my computer working fine.

I think it's not an app for me. I'll wait until next realease with insim4 support in tvdirector.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=1]InSim: password does not match your multiplayer admin password[/SIZE][/FONT]

I put the mp admin pass in chat box and it continues giving this error
Quote from shadow2kx :I tryed and tryed again but I think there is something wrong between my antivirus and the gateway. Each time I try the tv director I got my nod32 crashing, then the gateway, then i got a lot of troubles. I must reboot in order to get my computer working fine.

I think it's not an app for me. I'll wait until next realease with insim4 support in tvdirector.

I have updated the gateway, look here for the latest version. This should work now on your PC too.

Quote from hugoluis :I put the mp admin pass in chat box and it continues giving this error

you need to clear the password in your LFS.

kind regards

Soeren
Hm i get another error or message. All seems good, i get the message from the director.

When i load a replay i get this message:

InSim guest closed : UNNAMED
You can only have 1 insim application running (AFAIK). Think i had it when i tried 2?
i only have one installed at the moment.
damn awesome add on for LFS Soeren!
so great to have people like you making apps for LFS, thank you very much
Quote from Soeren Scharf :I have updated the gateway, look here for the latest version. This should work now on your PC too.

you need to clear the password in your LFS.

kind regards

Soeren

It's working perfectlly, Thank you
Any development going on on this project??
Feature Freeze Version 0.2
Feature Freeze Version 0.2

now writing documentation, change logs, make testing and fix some minor bugs.

Coming soon:
- Insim support for Patch X and later
- Devided the application into 2 separate executables (GUI and Control)
- GUI lets you control cameras manually (useful for professional broadcasters)
- Action detection completely rewritten (still based only on distance but in a much smarter way)
- Output of standings, driver information, lapcount or racetime (see attached screenshot)

kind regards
Soeren
Attached images
TvD02prevASl3.jpg
Hi Sören. If you want any help with testing, drop me a PM Looks great
:drink::ernaehrun:rock_band :drummer::static::monkey::clapclap::bannana_p :woohoo::headbang::banana_ra:juggle::banana: :biggrinfl
That looks beautiful. Great work
looks great!!!
looking forward to it
Nice one cheers

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG