The online racing simulator
Quote from JasonJ :

I think you tried to say Fischfix "Well worth the wait" perhapse

YEP! that's the one
Quote from russraine :Hot damn this is good, in five minutes I had got some cams setup and it worked.....! Amazing!
Do you have any problems with me trying it on OLFSLtv (www.lfs-league.com)? Happy to add a link back here, or whatever.

Of course you may use it... no, you must use it! If nobody is using this tool, then its not worth the work.

Quote from birder :
1) Allow a Fixed Camera position

I put a camera in front of the tyres at the bottom of the AS3 chicane but can never get it quite right, it would work if its fixed

what do you mean with fixed positions? no change in heading and pitch?

regards
Soeren
I'm getting

InSim : Admin password does not match
InSim : Packet recieved before ISI packet

n00b error

Go to Multiplayer->Start New Game then clear the admin password box.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Of course you may use it... no, you must use it! If nobody is using this tool, then its not worth the work.

what do you mean with fixed positions? no change in heading and pitch?

regards
Soeren

Yes, no movement at all, the same as you can do with Shift+U.
you mean some kind of fixed camera that catches the whole field passing by instead of sticking to a fight or a specific car.
Quote from Fischfix :you mean some kind of fixed camera that catches the whole field passing by instead of sticking to a fight or a specific car.

Yes, such as a camera set in the kerb
yep that would be nice. and from time a switch to driver perspective or inside car camera (for about 2 laps)..

just to make it less repetitive. btw. i did some cameras for oval. i am not happy with them because i can't put far away from the track and the cam has problems to follow the cars or troubles with zooming because the cars are too fast. i've solved that with positioning them higher above the ground. but sometimes a zoom of 120° instead of the given 12° would be the easiest way to solve that

the cams for oval work okay but i think they still need some tweaking...
Quote from Fischfix :yep that would be nice. and from time a switch to driver perspective or inside car camera (for about 2 laps)

That would be good, but LFS Director works in Shift-U mode. That might be diffcult, but who knows ...
true, it will need a different aproach to camera. something like X, Y position of camera = x y position of car. but i am not a programer nor do i know if soeren is willing to do it.

i like it as it works by now. and if i have a more powerful cpu by the start if LFSCAR 360degree.tk CUP SERIES i will use it to make race coverage. i mean i will need to cut in some incar takes and slomo replays by hand anyway...
If your going to make in-car cameras mixed in as well, could that be a choice for the user?

Chat commands for TV mode:

i = Internal views only
t = Track cams only
TV = views swap Randomly between internal & track cams

Its just I really dislike internal views for replays. I like to be a crowd spectator. Having three choices would suit everyone maybe.

AND, You could have an option to swap the focus car.

L=Leader (or maybe 1,2,3,4... position select)
A=Action car/Select a different Action car (the normal random mode when no action)
L=Lock to current Car in view
P=Lock to previous car (P2,3,4...=Lock to 2,3,4 cars previous from current)
N=Lock to next car (N2,3,4...=Lock to 2,3,4 cars next from current)
R = Normal automatic random cycle mode
R0 = Lock to any random car right now
R15=Random car every 15sec
R30=Random car every 30sec

Edit camera mode

AND, a chat command to toggle the edit camera mode on/off, maybe "E" from inside LFS, so we can edit camera's on the fly.

Dont get me wrong, the mod is fantastic. I just mentioned commands like these in case your looking at further development and want some ideas.

edit: oh, and one more thing, Instead of using basic chat message, could it use a /x message so that other users dont see the camera commands you type? I know its meant for replays mainly, but sometimes you just want to watch some live racing in TV director. The /x commads make you see a message like "unknown command" but thats better than spamming everyone else's screen with crazy looking text such as, L... R.....T.....R15 etc.

I had a few online people think I was reciting the alphabet whilst using this tool. Well, you got some free advertising I guess.
Quote from Quint999 :to be fair theres probably only so much you can code .

my guess is the director of i.e. the F1 Tv broadcast doesnt turn up in the studio just before the race, press the big red button marked Record Race, sit back light a cigarette and enjoy the action .

i guess theres a massive amount of human input to jump about between racers and cameras / camera angles etc

1. There is cameramen ofcourse
2. There is the director, he has pictures of all cameras on the screens in front of him.
3. Next to him is the help director, the director says to him, camera #3, and the help director presses the button.
Ofcourse there are also flashbacks and other things with other workers involved.
thats pretty close. what you forget is the fact that the a RL director gets the information a few seconds earlier then we see them (superbowl has a 10 sek. delay between action and broadcast after nipplegate) so he can react on actions on the track better.
don't forget about that other app - camhack, it overrides LFS set camera height, I tested and it does work with TV director.
hm isn't cam-hack useless? you can set the camera height in tvdirector by doublclicking one of the cameras. i think it is not restricted to 40m like ingame... but i am not sure if it has unlimited height...
Well I thought I got it to work okay, you load cam hack, then the tv director tool, you then go into the Shift U mode, and press Crtl Z or X to use cam hack. When you set a camera, the height is saved by the director tool. Obviously if next time cam hack isn't enabled when you try to use it and load the settings it wont work, as the director wont be able to achieve the heights.
How's about an option to ignore a specific car (if your league is using a safety car you don't want it to go on board with it when it's just parked up in the pit lane).
Does anyone have any cameras set up for FE Green Rev? In fact it would be awesome if people could post their cameras for any of the tracks
the tool worked perfect.

but i have installed the latest test-patch and when i now watch a replay with tv-director i get the error message:
(TEST Patch V5)

InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (30)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (31)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (32)

until i shut down the tv-director. then no more msg appear.

this has something todo with the 4 new insim-commands in the latest test patch.
I can't get it work. What should I write here:

IP:
In Sim Port:

Or how can I find what to enter there?
@NIKI
Its not going to work on LFS versions V2 and higher until Soeren Scharf adds in new insim code to handle the new LFS versions.

- If your still on version V -

Make Sure you are not in camera edit mode in LFS TV director.
(the Camera icon should be pressed out)

Turn it on in LFS director.
Read the inSim port Number
Click OK

Type in lfs chat the number dispayed, eg:

/insim=32300

Then press Shift-U in LFS. Use any Blackwood circuit (not car park) to test it on because no other tracks have cameras saved for them. Thats for you to play around with or get camera files from other users who post them here.
Attached images
lfsdirector.GIF
editcammode.JPG
I expect I'm being stupid but how do you use this tool? How do you find IP addresses of LFS servers to connect to?

Or even connect to a local copy of LFS. What am I missing?

Thanks.

GF
go to the DOK folder and do what is written there. it can't be described easier.

people with reading capabilities are in the advantage but hey thats life.
Quote from Fischfix :go to the DOK folder and do what is written there. it can't be described easier.

people with reading capabilities are in the advantage but hey thats life.

Great - didn't see it create that folder.

Thanks - thats what I needed.
cheers

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG