The online racing simulator
Quote from germanpio :Hi Soeren!

Is it normal that, when the GUI is used, the fps drop back to 5-10? Normally I have, even when using LFSTVD without GUI, >100.

Pio

No, it isn't. Does this just happen only if you have the GUI enabled or does this also happen when using the TV Director without GUI (there should be no difference, so I do not have any idea).
Quote from Fischfix :hi soeren, is there a way i can setup the cameras to have more often an incar-view?

Of couse, just use the manual selection feature

Ok, just kidding
For the automatic camera selection the complete answer is .... no, at least not at the moment. In the TVDirector there works a very complex decision tree. With every version I am going to improve this a bit. And with every feature (like this onboard cam views), I have to add more branches to this tree, thus increasing complexity. So adding a feature to parameterise this tree can only be the very last step in the development.

kind regards
Soeren
i understand this..

what i have experienced is this when watching longer races (100 laps) the first 30 laps there is no incar cam all of a sudden there is one and then the cams come regulary.

i am not sure if this is coincidence but, once i've selected an incam view manually its more likely it will be selected by the program afterwards
just a short question... must LFS TV Director run on the same Computer as the LFS replay does? As I'm recording most of the broadcasting stuff using my Dad's PC as recorder. Because LFS have to run in Full Screen mode to have a good result, I do not have acces to the GUI. If I could control it over my Dad's PC everything would be much more easier.
Quote from TFalke55 :just a short question... must LFS TV Director run on the same Computer as the LFS replay does? As I'm recording most of the broadcasting stuff using my Dad's PC as recorder. Because LFS have to run in Full Screen mode to have a good result, I do not have acces to the GUI. If I could control it over my Dad's PC everything would be much more easier.

Wasn't it that you have to run director on the same computer but the gui can be controlled from another?
Quote from hyntty :Wasn't it that you have to run director on the same computer but the gui can be controlled from another?

Correctly. The reason (or one of the reasons) is, that the TV Director needs to have access to the LFS folder, e.g. to the cvw files for the onboard camera views. Therefore I had to divide the application into this 2 parts, TV Director (this is the dialog application) and the GUI (this is where you can see the track map and the cars), to allow people to control the action manually from an other PC.
Soeren, I've actually downloaded the program and been running it the entire past week. I supposed i was so amused that I almost forgot to say your app its awesome, tks for the all the great work done.

+1 happy customer
Quote from Darkone55 :...

Also, when I don't select manual directing in the GUI, it sometimes switches to the onboard cams. As a function, that's really nice. But, when I exit the TV director, it appears that it has overwritten all my personal views (I'm using FlipCam for that already). Is there a way to restore my own views automaticly, after I close TV director? Now I have to restore them manually (thank god I back-upped them).

Indeed the TV Director overwrites your cam files, BUT it should restore them after deactivating it. When you activate the TV director, then it copies all your cvw files to a backup folder called views.tvd.bak (in your LFS directory tree). When you deactivate the TV Director, then it should copy all these files back to your views folder. If this does not work properly, then I have to investigate this serious issue urgently.
I can't remember if this hasn't been mentioned here - but something I would love to see with Director is static cameras, that don't focus on the cars at all, and just watch them go past.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I can't remember if this hasn't been mentioned here - but something I would love to see with Director is static cameras, that don't focus on the cars at all, and just watch them go past.

you mean like they are used IRL in curbes, or in "The Wall of Champions"

great Idea
+1
Hi Soeren!

Congratulations!

Director or other addon dont work with my LFS, strange inSim dead....

Any solution? (maybe cfg.txt)

Regards,
JS
Quote from jscorrea :...

Director or other addon dont work with my LFS, strange inSim dead....

Thats a quite detailed error description, so I do not know how I can help you

Well, do you get at least the "hello, I am your TV director" message? Or do you get any error messages, when typing /insim=32300 into the LFS chat? Did you read the howto of the TV director?
Hi Soeren,

This is the steps:

1) im start director port 32300 GUI unchecked

2) im start LFS and in the chat (T) /insim=32300

3) in the screen of LFS only appear InSim 32300

4) im start a replay .. Blackwood

5) Im press CrtlF6 and nothing... no message, no hello

Thanks.
JS
Question - at Fern Bay Gold, where there is a bridge over the track, I keep getting a problem where as a car goes over the bridge, the view switches to a camera that is supposed to be covering the action under the bridge. And in the same way, when a car goes under the bridge, the camera switches very quickly to the one that is supposed to be above the bridge. Is there anything I can do to stop this?
Quote from jscorrea :Hi Soeren,

This is the steps:

Thanks.
JS

ok, please make a screenshot of the TV Director and LFS (put your LFS into windowed mode for this, so I can see both apps on the same screenshot) with all chat messages visible (press H for this) after step 3.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Question - at Fern Bay Gold, where there is a bridge over the track, I keep getting a problem where as a car goes over the bridge, the view switches to a camera that is supposed to be covering the action under the bridge. And in the same way, when a car goes under the bridge, the camera switches very quickly to the one that is supposed to be above the bridge. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

No, unfortunately there is nothing you can do. I have to investigate this issue and need to make a workaround for this. It is known and also happens in KYO3. I suppose that LFS sends the wrong node numbers when a car is crossing a bridge, but I could not yet verify this. Last time I tried to verify this issue it did not happen while playing a replay of a race, where exactly in this race it happened life in the broadcast. So I ask you if you can confirm, that you observe this issue only in multiplayer mode but not in replays.

kind regards
Quote from Soeren Scharf :No, unfortunately there is nothing you can do. I have to investigate this issue and need to make a workaround for this. It is known and also happens in KYO3. I suppose that LFS sends the wrong node numbers when a car is crossing a bridge, but I could not yet verify this. Last time I tried to verify this issue it did not happen while playing a replay of a race, where exactly in this race it happened life in the broadcast. So I ask you if you can confirm, that you observe this issue only in multiplayer mode but not in replays.

kind regards

It was in an mpr replay. In addition, it didn't happen in previous times I had used that replay, but it just started doing it, even though I had not changed the cameras.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :ok, please make a screenshot of the TV Director and LFS (put your LFS into windowed mode for this, so I can see both apps on the same screenshot) with all chat messages visible (press H for this) after step 3.

Thanks but im download a fresh LFS and works fine now!

Is possible to record the cameras movement for future watch?

JS
Quote from jscorrea :Hi Soeren,

This is the steps:

Thanks.
JS

cORRECT ORDER TO DO IT WOULD BE ,

1, Start LFS online or replay whatever, type /insim 32300
( i have made a Hotkey: ALT-F8)
2: Start LFS tv Director and LFS TVDIRECTOR GUI
3: make sure insim port is 32300 and that GUI case is cheked with 32301 as GUI PORT
4: Start LFS TV DIRECTOR , and Connect LFS TV DIRECTOR GUI (checked remote and make sur 32301 is in box under IP box
5: return to LFS and press CTRL-F6 to activate and CTRL-F7 to deactivate .

if its not working u did something wrong during installation

hope its gonna help some =)

BTW i use it alot to follow races and add playby play commentaries during races

45*//CRANK
www.youtube.com/nicocrank
Quote from TFalke55 :..............., or in "The Wall of Champions"

my friend almost crashed is 240sx the other Night , he got surprised by the Big Curb and that was a close 1 , =)

but the angles that can provides A Goffer cam or a Wall cam would be nice

i managed to make 1 but its short time , and only in a straight line , where i placed my X farther then the nodes sector design for that cam , so since its filming Nodes way infront of it , there is actually no pan/scan , and i u set ur zoom good , it wont auto focus on it either
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Question - at Fern Bay Gold, where there is a bridge over the track, I keep getting a problem where as a car goes over the bridge, the view switches to a camera that is supposed to be covering the action under the bridge. And in the same way, when a car goes under the bridge, the camera switches very quickly to the one that is supposed to be above the bridge. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

i had that trouble when i started working with TV Director, 2 thing can work , well it did for me , make sure that the cam that capture the Bed of the bridge should be with the High Cam selection Tab in Shift U mode , and that the cam ur using for recording underbridge cars, is on low Selection , also , just try not to set 2 cam with in the Bridge span area,
Suggestion, make 1 over bridge , or at Bed level , for overpassing cars, and for those who goes under , put ur cam at the end of the Straight, zooming in towards the bridges , like that ull be sure no cam will mix up

=) 45*//Crank
//www.youtube.com/nicocrank
can you post the gofer cam?
at first i need to say: TOP APP
i use it very often for watching races, capturing videos and screenshots. therefore i had 2 ideas came to my mind while using TVDirector:
1. for capturing purposes you often directly select the driver to watch in the GUI. with that you loose the focus of the lfs-widget and you need to change back if you want to do screenshots with the standard CTRL+S. so i would be a really nice improvement to have a button in the GUI which invokes the screenshot. dont know if it's technical possible to simulate that via Insim, if not through the idea away

2. for capturing it would be nice if you could force the showing of the driver-name of the currently watched driver, the same with rankings and time differences. so could it be possible that the user can invoke the different tables (driver name, time-table, pitstop-overview)? something like buttons and if you press the information is shown for a fixed time (like it is working now)
great addon, many thanks for authors
where ever i go and whatever i do, when i start all like you said, LFS says this:
InSim : password does not match your multiplayer admin password

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG