The online racing simulator
I'm not at home to try the first solution Mp3 Astra, and about the question from Soeren Scharf. Absolutly no error, just "insim : 32300" (or something like that ).
Update:

everyone was asking for onboard cameras... here they are (see first post).

with kind regards
Amazing, it also uses custom cams in auto-mode.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Update:

everyone was asking for onboard cameras... here they are (see first post).

with kind regards

great stuff... wohoo... that's just great stuff... words are missing...
Cheers Soeren, really appreciate this insim when I want to watch a closely fought race again. Can't wait to try the onboard cams, thanks again.
Wow! I'm just about to try this out. Thank you Soeren!

Okay, I have a question. When you select a driver to watch in the GUI, does the director automatically switch back to auto control after a while, or do you have to press a button to go back to auto control?

Edit, forget that question. I just discovered the answer...
I have a request as well, if you don't mind.

Would it be possible for the GUI to display penalties like it dispays the number of stops? For example, 1. Mp3 Astra (1) (DT).
while driving rFactor (blame me for that) and using it's TV Inlay tool, I just got two ideas:
first idea would be Qualifying compatibility, but as it is suggested before, I had the idea of "Tower Inlays", like in DTM or F1, as something wich is displayed every lap. The "big" center inlays can be showed every 5 laps or so... maybe somethin adjustable

what I really love about v0,3: The alias function! It gives so many possibilitys for live coverage, that's just great!
Soeren Scharf, Guten Morgen. (11:53 here)

We from the Brazilian Racing League (LFSBR) are very happy with your tool.

We really want to use your tool with the GRIDTV transmissions (http://www.gridtv.com.br/). A streaming site for the virtual automobilism in brazil.

But we have a little question, it's possible to make the cameras to lock up a little bit on the track advertising?

Cause we have some sponsors on our league, and we want to the others brazilians sponsors and other people know that. I that way we want to show the track ads for the public on our transmissions.

We run the championships and events normally in two battery's, let's call stage 1 and stage 2. I little bit similar as the WTCC series. In the intervals from stage 1 to stage 2 we want to show some of our sponsors. So this is why i am asking this question to you now, it's possible?

Otherwise we can just adjust the cameras around the circuits for best visualization of the ads.

Einen schönen Tag wünsche ich ihnen.

Sorry my bad english, and my bad german as well. (i don't pratice for a long time)
Big Up For Soeren!
-
(Feuerdrache) DELETED by Feuerdrache : probleme figured out
Gives it a way to edit the onboard cams?
Hi! I just downloaded your program but I get this error msg when I try and connect to LFS through the program.

InSim - TCP : did not receive InSimInit packet

I set the Insim port in game and through my LFS shortcut but it still gives me the error. Any way I can fix this? thanks
For me it won't work at all with the "enable gui" checked. It does find the track but /insim=32300 won't do anything.

Now I got it running but hitting the activate button didn't do anything either.

EDIT: Also the alias names won't work (Do you have to input all the racernames?). Should this work with y19?
The process with enable GUI is more complicated. Have you started and connected the GUI at all and is it showing the track running on LFS. GUI is not necessary unless you want to manually change camera (which you would really need a second screen for) for broadcasters.
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :The process with enable GUI is more complicated. Have you started and connected the GUI at all and is it showing the track running on LFS. GUI is not necessary unless you want to manually change camera (which you would really need a second screen for) for broadcasters.

Yes, it show's the track and I can edit the cameras aswell. The program just won't start, or if it does it won't activate at all (A few times I got it running by first going to the edit-mode and then activating it)
I got problens running the GUI too, but I realise that to get the GUI running there is a right sequence opening the TVDirector and the GUI.

Tonight I will see what is the sequence to do.

This tool is great!!!
Quote from Feuerdrache :Gives it a way to edit the onboard cams?

you can find all onboard camera files in the views folder of the TV Director. For Patch Y look into the cvw6 subfolder (the subfolder is determined by the file cvw.ini). So you can of course create your own custom camera file, then rename the file according to the file names in the cvw6 folder and copy this file into this folder.
WOW .. new version. Thank you very much.
Quote from Leprekaun :...

Unfortunately I do not have any clue about this. I have seen this already from a german user too (on a screenshot), but I could also see the chat messages from the TV Director on this screenshot. So the program must have been connected correctly, at least I guess so.

Maybe some more information about your environment would be helpful, especially LFS version/patch/testpatch, Windows version, GUI check box enabled or disabled, any other insim addons running, .... do you can also see the chat messages from the TV Director?
Quote from Leprekaun :Hi! I just downloaded your program but I get this error msg when I try and connect to LFS through the program.

I set the Insim port in game and through my LFS shortcut but it still gives me the error. Any way I can fix this? thanks

im the german user ^^ and did many things but none of them where any logical and therefor didnt work at all.
Then i`ve taken a closer look and tried setting the port in the GUI to 32301. works perfect for me

@ Soeren, sorry for bothering... stupid me
I did set the InSim port to 32301 like the default of the program, doesn't work
Quote from Leprekaun :I did set the InSim port to 32301 like the default of the program, doesn't work

well default its here set at 32300
im not sure if we talk about the same.
here is how mine looks now

hope it helps. Otherwise i dont know. Its workin on Y20 too.
Quote from BURN :well default its here set at 32300
im not sure if we talk about the same.
here is how mine looks now

hope it helps. Otherwise i dont know. Its workin on Y20 too.

Oh, indeed the GUI port number and the Insim port number have to be different. Do not mix them, they mean completely different things.
  • The GUI is communicating with the TV Director, here you use the GUI port number.
  • The TV Director is communicating with LFS, here you use the Insim port number.
I just wonder why I have written such a detailed tutorial with screenshots included

Ok, here the picture (well a draft of a picture):

graphical GUI ===32301===> TV Director ===32300===> LFS

I will make a note and improve the tutorial in the next release.

With kind regards
Soeren
Quote from Soeren Scharf :I just wonder why I have written such a detailed tutorial with screenshots included

Ok, here the picture (well a draft of a picture):

graphical GUI ===32301===> TV Director ===32300===> LFS

I will make a note and improve the tutorial in the next release.

With kind regards
Soeren

That, the port has to be 32301, is absolutly logical and thats why i said it was my stupid mistake.
The Tutorial is great! Its all clearly understandable!
Maybe the default Setting in the GUI could be the 32301, so that Dumbasses like me don´t get fooled again.
To get the GUI working you should open the GUI and connect to TV Director, using the port 32301.
Then open the TV Director, enable GUI acess and Start.
Now is just type /insim=32300 and Activate TV Director.

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG