The online racing simulator
From the remote acess a friend of mine could control the cameras on the GUI acessing my IP?
Quote from Campos_MIC :To get the GUI working you should open the GUI and connect to TV Director, using the port 32301.
Then open the TV Director, enable GUI acess and Start.
Now is just type /insim=32300 and Activate TV Director.

Thank you for finding out the rigth sequence.

But I still can't get it activated straight away (= ctrl-f6 won't do anything). Instead I first have to switch to edit mode, exit edit mode and only then it'll activate...(?)
THanks, will give a try
Quote from Soeren Scharf :I just wonder why I have written such a detailed tutorial with screenshots included

Because not all of us speak German . Thanks for the help , much appreciated .
Quote from Leprekaun :Because not all of us speak German . Thanks for the help , much appreciated .

There is also an english version in there! All the files in the DOC folder with the prefix "h" are in English.
ah... :doh:
Can I use TV Director in Single Player?

Thanks
sure you can! On replays or live. Just not a good idea while driving
Got it working, thanks guys for the help . Really cool application. Thanks Soeren for this great tool
If I use in Single Player, the game say: The password doesn't match with your multiplayer admin password

Quote from Campos_MIC :From the remote acess a friend of mine could control the cameras on the GUI acessing my IP?

Yes, this is possible. If you are in the same network, it is no problem. If not then maybe you need to configure your router (if you have one) for port forwarding.

regards
Soeren
Quote from StickyDark :If I use in Single Player, the game say: The password doesn't match with your multiplayer admin password

read here.

regards
Soeren
Does not matter you must have (accidentely) set a server password. Clear it or tell tv director what it is.
What a great app. Thanks, Soeren! Makes watching races a lot more interesting
awesome program
Quote from Lepletier :Soeren Scharf, Guten Morgen. (11:53 here)

We from the Brazilian Racing League (LFSBR) are very happy with your tool.

We really want to use your tool with the GRIDTV transmissions (http://www.gridtv.com.br/). A streaming site for the virtual automobilism in brazil.

But we have a little question, it's possible to make the cameras to lock up a little bit on the track advertising?

Cause we have some sponsors on our league, and we want to the others brazilians sponsors and other people know that. I that way we want to show the track ads for the public on our transmissions.

We run the championships and events normally in two battery's, let's call stage 1 and stage 2. I little bit similar as the WTCC series. In the intervals from stage 1 to stage 2 we want to show some of our sponsors. So this is why i am asking this question to you now, it's possible?

Otherwise we can just adjust the cameras around the circuits for best visualization of the ads.

Einen schönen Tag wünsche ich ihnen.

Sorry my bad english, and my bad german as well. (i don't pratice for a long time)

Hi Lepletier,

I take your request very serious because in my opinion sponsering will become a more and more important part in the future of racing sims and especially in broadcasting sim racing events.

I was talking to Mika Radmer (commentator and head admin of the GameStar League) last weekend. He has found a way how to use my tool to get exactly what you are requesting. I think it is worth that I tell it here, because his idea is brilliant:

Define additional cameras in your cam file and define end node to a value of start node plus one (e.g. start node = 255, so set end node to 256). TV Director will unlikey select this camera to show a car during racing action. This is because the range of this camera is too short and TV Director tries to avoid every unnecessary camera switch. So TV director will select the camera with the larger range from start to end node.
Between two races, or between qualification and race (or even during the race just when it becomes boring if nothing happens) switch into edit mode. Then you can select your "advertising cams" by a simple mouse click in the GUI Additionally in edit mode you have complete mouse control over the camera (indeed you are just in usual shift-U mode) so maybe you can make a slow camera pan to show an overview of the track or something else.
After selection in edit mode all cams have a default FOV of 30°. Start node is the piece of track where the camera points to.

I do not have planned this feature, but this is what is currently possible with my tool

btw: your german is very good

with kind regards
Soeren
Hi Soeren!

Is it normal that, when the GUI is used, the fps drop back to 5-10? Normally I have, even when using LFSTVD without GUI, >100.

Pio
Has anyone created new cameras for the tracks that don't have support already in the program? For instance, FE Green or any of the Rallycross tracks?

If anyone has created cameras, could they please post the files here. Not only would it give everyone else access to them, but perhaps they could be included in the next release as well.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Has anyone created new cameras for the tracks that don't have support already in the program? For instance, FE Green or any of the Rallycross tracks?

If anyone has created cameras, could they please post the files here. Not only would it give everyone else access to them, but perhaps they could be included in the next release as well.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=23231&
Thanks for the link! I didn't even see that.

@Soeren: Is there any chance of adding these to the download in the first post? I re-downloaded the newest version yesterday and it would be helpful if it came with these cam files right out of the box so that users didn't have to hunt them down separately.
Quote from germanpio :Hi Soeren!

Is it normal that, when the GUI is used, the fps drop back to 5-10? Normally I have, even when using LFSTVD without GUI, >100.

Pio

Do you have LFS in windowed mode when using the GUI? Windowed mode does slow the game down quite a lot.
hi soeren, is there a way i can setup the cameras to have more often an incar-view?
Quote from Soeren Scharf :Hi Lepletier,

I take your request very serious because in my opinion sponsering will become a more and more important part in the future of racing sims and especially in broadcasting sim racing events.

I was talking to Mika Radmer (commentator and head admin of the GameStar League) last weekend. He has found a way how to use my tool to get exactly what you are requesting. I think it is worth that I tell it here, because his idea is brilliant:

Define additional cameras in your cam file and define end node to a value of start node plus one (e.g. start node = 255, so set end node to 256). TV Director will unlikey select this camera to show a car during racing action. This is because the range of this camera is too short and TV Director tries to avoid every unnecessary camera switch. So TV director will select the camera with the larger range from start to end node.
Between two races, or between qualification and race (or even during the race just when it becomes boring if nothing happens) switch into edit mode. Then you can select your "advertising cams" by a simple mouse click in the GUI Additionally in edit mode you have complete mouse control over the camera (indeed you are just in usual shift-U mode) so maybe you can make a slow camera pan to show an overview of the track or something else.
After selection in edit mode all cams have a default FOV of 30°. Start node is the piece of track where the camera points to.

I do not have planned this feature, but this is what is currently possible with my tool

btw: your german is very good

with kind regards
Soeren

Thanks for the feedback, im gonna try this and talk to the guys in LFSBR.

btw: your program its really useful, i hope the dev's use something like that or give you some credits for your work.
Nice program! I tried it a few times and I love it.

But it still has a few problems, imo. As stated before, when you place the cam too high or in a distance parts of the track disappear. But wouldn't it be an option to make a shortcut, so it automaticly goes to shift+u, moves the cam a bit, and goes back to the TV director? This would be faster and less work then doing it manually.

Also, when I don't select manual directing in the GUI, it sometimes switches to the onboard cams. As a function, that's really nice. But, when I exit the TV director, it appears that it has overwritten all my personal views (I'm using FlipCam for that already). Is there a way to restore my own views automaticly, after I close TV director? Now I have to restore them manually (thank god I back-upped them).

Well, nice program.

Oh one more small thing, not that important, but I noticed the track-side cams don't zoom very much. Not as much as on television. Would it be possible to make the cams zoom in a bit more?

Here's my Aston Club cam file. I tried to get it as close as possible to most cams like you see on TV. So it only uses 5 cams.
Attached files
AS2.zip - 236 B - 443 views

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG