The online racing simulator
That weren't the reasons of failing. And I still have no idea what's wrong.
Quote from Feuerdrache :That weren't the reasons of failing. And I still have no idea what's wrong.

make a screenshot of all your settings (the running TV director and the dialog in the GUI application where you enter IP and port number) and attach it here.

regards
Soeren
I have seen this issue brought up by a number of people but I can't seem to find the answer.

While in editing mode the cameras, whether new or existing, can't be moved. this is what I do:

I rotate through the cameras until I have the one I want to move, move the camera to the new location and then enter "m" in the chat. nothing happens, I see the m on the chat but no feedback from TVD. and of course the camera does not move. What are we missing?

FYI I am running a Vista PC.

I followed the instructions exactly as they were laid out in the documentation with and without the GUI and it just won't work.

Please help us as I know I am not the only one with this problem.

PS: GREAT WORK I LOVE THIS APP!!!
Ensure the game is not paused. See my post earlier in the page...
Quote from vicbel :I have seen this issue brought up by a number of people but I can't seem to find the answer.

While in editing mode the cameras, whether new or existing, can't be moved. this is what I do:

I rotate through the cameras until I have the one I want to move, move the camera to the new location and then enter "m" in the chat. nothing happens, I see the m on the chat but no feedback from TVD. and of course the camera does not move. What are we missing?

FYI I am running a Vista PC.

I followed the instructions exactly as they were laid out in the documentation with and without the GUI and it just won't work.

Please help us as I know I am not the only one with this problem.

PS: GREAT WORK I LOVE THIS APP!!!

The same happend to me before... solution: to edit or set new cameras i have to use LFS Version Y

PD: It's there a way to set TVDirector to work without the Shif+F function, because it will be nice to se the names of the driver wile they are running, this is because of people watching the race on streaming and it's easy to fallow the race. if it's not implemented. Can it be?

Sorry for bad english
Quote from boothy :Ensure the game is not paused. See my post earlier in the page...

I can't believe it was that simple!! and I can't believe I always tried to edit the cameras on pause!!
Quote from Leandrus :The same happend to me before... solution: to edit or set new cameras i have to use LFS Version Y

PD: It's there a way to set TVDirector to work without the Shif+F function, because it will be nice to se the names of the driver wile they are running, this is because of people watching the race on streaming and it's easy to fallow the race. if it's not implemented. Can it be?

Sorry for bad english

Yes, there should be a way to bring up at least the name of the driver on focus. I know TVD does it but it would be great if we could show the overlays with a command. For example if we want to show the name of the driver being focused, the list of drivers with their pit stops and of course the race order as it stands, or at least as the last time they went through the line.

Is this currently possible? Can it be implemented if it is not?
Quote from vicbel :Yes, there should be a way to bring up at least the name of the driver on focus. I know TVD does it but it would be great if we could show the overlays with a command. For example if we want to show the name of the driver being focused, the list of drivers with their pit stops and of course the race order as it stands, or at least as the last time they went through the line.

Is this currently possible? Can it be implemented if it is not?

... why do you think no-one hasn't previously thought of this? If it was easily implementable it'd be implemented already.

Or it could be that Mr. Sören is merely lazy
@Soeren: Here's the screenshot.
Attached images
LfS.png
Ahum enable GUI checkbox maybe....
Hm, I knew that I forgot something. Thanks!

But I still don't know why the cameras can't be edited in patch z?
Quote from Feuerdrache :Hm, I knew that I forgot something. Thanks!

But I still don't know why the cameras can't be edited in patch z?

Is the game paused when you try to place cameras?
Yes, it was. But now is everything clear. Thanks for the answer.
Sorry for the bump here guys.

I've downloaded this tool and well, I can't seem to get it to work. I've done the /insim 32300 ingame and started the program, yet I get no conformation from LFS that it works. Can anyone help me with this?
Quote from ImportFantasy :Sorry for the bump here guys.

I've downloaded this tool and well, I can't seem to get it to work. I've done the /insim 32300 ingame and started the program, yet I get no conformation from LFS that it works. Can anyone help me with this?

Have you read the howto.htm i the docs map?
If not do that XD

Did you open and connect the GUI?
Yes.
Yes.

Well, from my own experience, do it in this order:

1) Connect GUI
2) Start TVDirector
3)/insim 32300
4) ???
5)Profit!
I get a problem with TV Director:

I used the Alias function... I made my drivers to use exactly the same format, but while being LIVE on the server it does not work, though they are really all the same! Any help? or is it a bug?

EDIT: Found the problem - TVDir does not like the "|" symbol...
Could someone upload there camera positions please ?

Looks like a great little addon
No one sharing ?
haha thank you sir

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG