The online racing simulator
Great tool!!

How is the admin password changed?
It DOES work on V5.

Quote :How is the admin password changed?

Multiplayer, start new game. Clear the admin password field and exit.
How do I get this new version to work? When I click it WinXP doesn't know what it is. Whats a .7z file? I had use the older one without any problems wanted to try the new one.
Quote :Multiplayer, start new game. Clear the admin password field and exit.

I know it...
I want to make real streaming server with this tool.
This tool can not use non blank password.
Because anybody can hijack the server...
Quote from highbridge :I know it...
I want to make real streaming server with this tool.
This tool can not use non blank password.
Because anybody can hijack the server...

Let me test that, HB.
Quote from duke_toaster :Let me test that, HB.

Quote :Let me test that, HB.

I tried by blank admin password.
It was working and watching movie.
But... blank admin password is so dangerous...
:-(
I hosted an online server with an admin PW (the server itself was PWed), and could use director fine.

I did it as a guest on an unpassworded server perfectly fine, but on a PWed server it will need testing ...
How do you save camera positions? In AS3 there is one camera I don't like the spot of wanted to change it. I moved it in LFS and it showed in Director the move, but how to I save the position. It would keep putting it back to the default location each time I unpaused.
Quote from neglouseight :How do I get this new version to work? When I click it WinXP doesn't know what it is. Whats a .7z file? I had use the older one without any problems wanted to try the new one

.7z is 7-zip, go to http://www.7-zip.org and download it, it is free to use.
I have decided to use 7-zip because it compresses much much better especially the pth files inside the archive. And the traffic for my webspace is limited, so I must not waste bytes by large zip or rar files.
Alternatively I have uploaded the tool in a zip file but without the pth files.

Quote from highbridge : ...I want to make real streaming server with this tool. ...

Adding an input field for password would not be a problem, I have made a note to do this.
Nevertheless to make streaming I would suggest to use a client connected to the server and stream from the client. Even if possible to run TVdirector and LFS on different computers, camera movement would be much smoother if both programs are running on the same computer.
Furthermore I would suppose, that performance and connection to the drivers is affected, if the server is running in graphical mode and the computer has to manage the streaming too.

Quote from neglouseight :How do you save camera positions? In AS3 there is one camera I don't like the spot of wanted to change it. I moved it in LFS and it showed in Director the move, but how to I save the position. It would keep putting it back to the default location each time I unpaused.

In LFS type letter m into the chat after you have moved the camera to a new position, then in TVdirector uncheck the camera button in the toolbar.

kind regards
Sören
Sorry for the delay.

I wanted to say thanks to Sören again for letting me use the director tool for OLFSLtv. I must report that it was great, and feedback was fantastic.

The only complaint, was that the onscreen display, car position etc, doesn't change along with the camera, e.g. switching to the director tool whilst looking at position 3, for the whole race, you only see the split times and position for whoever is in 3rd place at the time. but apart from that, everyone loved it.

6 hours of streaming with no problems.
can you tell me how you did that streaming thing exactly. i don't know how i can do that. cheers!
Can I tell you exactly.... well no as to be honest, I spent a whole night fiddling to get it working, it's not an exact science. Luckily Fireball had previously setup the VPS using SSH already, I have only just started using SSH today.

But I can tell you roughly.

Two pc's
SvideoTV Out
TV card svideo in
NSVtools (mainly NSVcap)
VP6 plugins
shoutcast VPS server
Hey Guys,

I'm having a meeting with a few guys on Thursday and if all goes well LFS might be displayed on laptops in stores around my country , I would really love to use this tool to do it , I can get a spr replay to run from a bat file but was wondering , can you guys think of any way I might get this app to start up with a replay automatically using lfs commands etc
? . It would really be the cherry on the top it it could be achieved . Thanks
Quote :Adding an input field for password would not be a problem, I have made a note to do this.
Nevertheless to make streaming I would suggest to use a client connected to the server and stream from the client. Even if possible to run TVdirector and LFS on different computers, camera movement would be much smoother if both programs are running on the same computer.
Furthermore I would suppose, that performance and connection to the drivers is affected, if the server is running in graphical mode and the computer has to manage the streaming too.

Oh! good news.
I hope for your update

I am trying real stream with TvDirector now.
You may be able to watch video stream by peercast.
Let's try.

http://yp.peercast.org/?type=& ... re=game&status=online
Channel name "WHRT LFS Streaming"
Hi... it said Channel not found on Peercast.

I'm interested as I have been looking at Peercast myself recently.
Quote :Hi... it said Channel not found on Peercast.

I'm interested as I have been looking at Peercast myself recently.

Try its
http://58.158.161.235:8080/
or
[url]mms://58.158.161.235:8080[/url]
But its only 5 connections.
Quote from highbridge :Try its
http://58.158.161.235:8080/
or
[url]mms://58.158.161.235:8080[/url]
But its only 5 connections.

Couldn't get the Http address to work, but the MMS one did.

Quality is bit poor, lots of buffering, but the FPS when it is going is very smooth.

is the 5 connections limit due to peercast or another factor?

I hadn't managed to get peercast to work yet, think it's a port forwarding problem
the mms link worked for me as well. the quality isn't the best but at least i don't get that much bufferings. allthough can you restart the race so we don't see all the time that green car stuck in sand???

Quote from russraine :Couldn't get the Http address to work, but the MMS one did.

Quality is bit poor, lots of buffering, but the FPS when it is going is very smooth.

is the 5 connections limit due to peercast or another factor?

I hadn't managed to get peercast to work yet, think it's a port forwarding problem

LFS and video stream are not separate newtwork.
Because sharing bandwidth in same network.
um... I could not watch by peercast at my home.
It may relate for router setting.

Quote from Fischfix :the mms link worked for me as well. the quality isn't the best but at least i don't get that much bufferings. allthough can you restart the race so we don't see all the time that green car stuck in sand???

Yeah, AI car stucked or fuel emptied...
I will schedule for streaming on every Mon and Wed and Fri.
Quote from noemfie :Hey Guys,

I'm having a meeting with a few guys on Thursday and if all goes well LFS might be displayed on laptops in stores around my country , I would really love to use this tool to do it , I can get a spr replay to run from a bat file but was wondering , can you guys think of any way I might get this app to start up with a replay automatically using lfs commands etc
? . It would really be the cherry on the top it it could be achieved . Thanks

starting this tool from the same bat file would be possible but useless as long as you need to press the "connect" button manually. So it looks like I should implement command line options too.
Quote from Soeren Scharf :starting this tool from the same bat file would be possible but useless as long as you need to press the "connect" button manually. So it looks like I should implement command line options too.

That would be cool , would the shift +U part also happen automatically then ?
Quote :
but i have installed the latest test-patch and when i now watch a replay with tv-director i get the error message:
(TEST Patch V5)

InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (30)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (31)
InSim : discarding unacknowledged packet (32)

until i shut down the tv-director. then no more msg appear.

this has something todo with the 4 new insim-commands in the latest test patch.

we waiting fix
Yippididoodah!
Quote :
InSim : Admin password does not match
InSim : packet received before ISI packet

I don´t know what is waht I´m doing bad, these messages apear when type /insim=32300. help me please.
Quote from Jonas8431 :I don´t know what is waht I´m doing bad, these messages apear when type /insim=32300. help me please.

Go to multiplayer, then create new game. clear the admin password and try again.

LFS TV Director, Release 0.3
(646 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG