The online racing simulator
I'd like to see a not-too-long track with tight corners and difficult braking zones to really bring out the excitement of the slower cars in the way Aston Cadet and Club do for example.
Fo' shizzle! Super-long tracks would be great, the kind of that starts with full grid but 2 people make it to the finishing line.
"be you angels? and we said 'nay', we are but men- ROCK!" -the lfs devs

awesome, physics pizatch coming, new track layout coming....
i think there might be a new rallyx track, and if theres more than 1 then a road track aswell.

i know theres no dirt tracks... but surely they can be moddled in a year... never know till the patch i suppose!
That´s nice news indeed.
As for Aston, some told that there are not too many layouts that are nice, I think exactly the opposite of this track. As National already is nice, for the faster cars. Historic is also nice and challenging, especially when you are behind a car at the uphill chicane, very easy to get beside the track there. Also As GP is a great track imho. From the longer tracks, Historic and GP are my favourites. Kyoto long just don´t works for me, I have to work really hard to get a medium laptime there but perhaps with the new tyre physics it will become better, wo knows.
Quote from mr_x :i think there might be a new rallyx track, and if theres more than 1 then a road track aswell.

i know theres no dirt tracks... but surely they can be moddled in a year... never know till the patch i suppose!

i really hope it will be a rallyx config!

as sinbad said, a new corner isn't really that exciting .

it also would be nice to make historic and GP a little more different.
Victor, would it be possible to give some details about the tyre model changes? Recent investigation seemed to reveal that the tyres have a quite narrow peak of optimum temperature which in reality appears to be 'fairly broad' near optimum until really too hot when they drop off. Any changes to this?

And would any changes in grip / combining of forces be considered 'tweaks' to the old model or basically a totally new model / method?

Yes I know its unlikely that you'll answer this in detail
Perhaps it would also be nice to know if the tyre wear is changed, as for example higher wear making it impossible to do long runs on R2`s or at least changes in a way that you could try some tactics (R2´s faster but more wearing --> pitstop sooner, R3´s slower but lasting longer --> later pitstop). Also at this moment R4´s just seem to have no use atm.
new track config...
I dont want to sound like a old git here but.....

Aston... hmm.. do we really need another Aston config..

no....

I would love to see a more "primitive" track, for ex. a autocross (tarmac only) type of
layout in South City's industrial areas.
Wohoo! Sounds good, keep on working

:huepfenic
Aston is defenately one of the most used tracks, LFSworld for this. There are many Aston configs on the top-10 chart (of track use).

Aston is a fast track with many fast corners and few slow ones. It is it's character, like the twistiness is the character of fern bay (or boringness is the character of westhill )

I don't think we necessarily need new configs. New tracks with less configs would be better imho.
yep.. a new non UK track would be great.

- maybe a track placed here in Denmark
denmark is soooo flat
Quote from bo-kristiansen :
I would love to see a more "primitive" track, for ex. a autocross (tarmac only) type of
layout in South City's industrial areas.

+1
Quote from Fetzo :denmark is soooo flat

Flat? When I was there for the first time I thought it was pretty hill-ish.
Maybe setup track number 4 ?

Map
Quote from Frankmd :Flat? When I was there for the first time I thought it was pretty hill-ish.

Well, yeah, but any elevation is kinda a shock to us Dutch, now isn't it?

And about the AS configs, this was the one that popped in to my head the first. Nice and twisty.

(hmmm, it's becoming quite the mess with all these squiggly lines :tilt
Attached images
NewASTrack.jpg
Attached images
NewASTrack.jpg
Config 5 looks alright for the slow to medium cars.

I think however that a larger difference between historic and gp long can be made. Normal GP tracks are always a lot slower then the historic tracks. Maybe it would be realistic if AS Historic would have a shortcut trough the last chicane, if it's made a little tight it could be a very nice corner coming onto the straight. And GP long could have some extra chicanes or such built in.

Green is historic, red is GP long.
Attached images
aston.jpg
:lovies3d:
Attached images
Aston - Greenhorn.jpg
If AS-Greenhorn would be just as twisty as in your picture I'd love it. But that's propably just because you didn't take too much time to draw it.

Vain
AS Greenhorn inspired me to another config. You'll love it!

Vain
Attached images
Aston - Greenhorn2.gif
~10 seconds and no mulligans =)

Your config inspired me to another config. Especially MoE peeps will certainly love it!
Attached images
millem.jpg
Well.. Something completely new would be very nice. But I think that the crew will wait for S3 with things like that.

Some known racingtracks would be very nice, like Zeltweg A1 Ring or maybe Hockenheimring with the old and the new construction
Could a track without chicane be possible in LFS?:
Attached images
ASS_kartta.jpg

A new LFS World feature / small progress report
(347 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG