The online racing simulator
You may have just created the longest track ever.
Quote from deggis :On public servers it's not very used track because KY GP is too long and too hard. And the oval section is boring.

IMO KY GP is only hard because of the low grip bugs. In GTR cars it is great fun flying round the corners there, sweeping from one side of the track to the other. The only problems i have are at the tight right hander after the start straights and at the final hairpin/chicane which is just killer atm with low speed bug

I'm sure with the patch that some of these hard tracks will soon become alot more forgiving and fun!

@CP: As for the sound, I have to agree. TBH I don't find it too annoying, but the one thing that gets me sometimes is the turbo whine I don't think we would see it with this patch or anytime soon, but an interim compatible patch in the future would be great. I'm sure it would keep things ticking over nicely and would keep alot of people happy....in 6 months time :faint:

@Qurpiz: That KY track is awesome! :dribbles:
I remember someone mention this and man... that possible config for Kyoto would be to die for!!!!

Lets see... for the FO8 by the time it would reach that crossover point it would be around 1min 20 secs or something maybe, then add the National timing which would be around 1 min 10 secs or so... then add the rest of the GP config, and that total track time for the FO8 would equal around 3 mins or above easily. Just imagine that Would be the longest track for LFS probably.
i actually enjoy the challenge of Ky Nat (rev).. even tho me times aint that good really, there is a corner that always catches me out with the FOX, im always shift locking in a cirtain section and causing myself to spin..
Quote from Tweaker :I remember someone mention this and man... that possible config for Kyoto would be to die for!!!!

Lets see... for the FO8 by the time it would reach that crossover point it would be around 1min 20 secs or something maybe, then add the National timing which would be around 1 min 10 secs or so... then add the rest of the GP config, and that total track time for the FO8 would equal around 3 mins or above easily. Just imagine that Would be the longest track for LFS probably.

how long in the UF1 then??
Heheh I know, would be super long. But think about how it would be the best Endurance track out there for LFS... man o man :woohoo: If only it were done we could say such a thing
Quote from ORION :
"first goal" - lol
The final LFS version is so far away that you cant even imagine how it will look like. Dont expect it before 2010 or something

The devs know what they are doing - just look at the game and see how incredibly good it is. Actually it's a joke that most other games developed by up to 100 people are so crappy compared to LFS...

Well mr Orion, sorry to say that but:
- SMSing for sure delayed and will delay the patch release date (doesn't it involves some LFSWorld updating itself ?..don't think next patch it's simply some dbtable deleting about hotlaps from Victor's side). is it rock solid? I hope so, but unfortunately some debugging will be necessary.

- S3 was and I hope will remain the final goal of this MARVELLOUS project. But PLEASE don't sit down and watch off the window, thinking LFS is just so good at this stage. Hundred people publishers/software houses are not the only alternative, other "rebels" developers (not only Casillo & co) are facing the simracing scene. It would be a pity to loose "rebels" leadership sitting on road's milestone watching your beautyfull shoes and in the meantime the bus left.....

LFS: live long and PROSPER!
Actually I can't imagine that hotlap charts deletion will take more than 2hrs of time so be sure it is not delaying the patch release. The physics updates take longer...
Quote from Razzone :Well mr Orion, sorry to say that but:
- SMSing for sure delayed and will delay the patch release date (doesn't it involves some LFSWorld updating itself ?..don't think next patch it's simply some dbtable deleting about hotlaps from Victor's side).

I can't think of any way that Vic making a SMS system, could have delayed the patch that Eric and I are working on.

No... it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Eric and I are working full time on the patch and we're still not finished. Victor has more time on his hands at this time, or at least he is a bit more free to work on what he is inspired to work on.

The SMS thing is a new feature of LFS World that you may choose to use, or not to use, as you wish. It's not something to complain about.
- SMSing for sure delayed and will delay the patch release date (doesn't it involves some LFSWorld updating itself ?..don't think next patch it's simply some dbtable deleting about hotlaps from Victor's side). is it rock solid? I hope so, but unfortunately some debugging will be necessary.

- S3 was and I hope will remain the final goal of this MARVELLOUS project. But PLEASE don't sit down and watch off the window, thinking LFS is just so good at this stage. Hundred people publishers/software houses are not the only alternative, other "rebels" developers (not only Casillo & co) are facing the simracing scene. It would be a pity to loose "rebels" leadership sitting on road's milestone watching your beautyfull shoes and in the meantime the bus left.....

LFS: live long and PROSPER!

Well Mr. Razzone sorry to say that but:
- SMSing was done by Victor who takes care of music in LFS and all the website things (LFSW, forum, etc.) and reseting the hotlap charts is imo done in a minute... Scawen is the guy programming LFS - the simulation, so the patch has not been delayed by this...

EDIT> beaten by the allmighty :bowdown: Scawen

If I correctly understand the way LFS and LFSWorld interact, then Victor (respectively Scawen) didn't even have to touch the LFS code to implement the SMS feature.

LFS already has a function that sends commands to LFSW, namely the /w command. Anything you type behind that is sent to the master server, which in return has to interpret those commands. The only thing Victor had to do was to add some commands to the "known commands list" on the master server, and do the coding for the actual SMS sending, which has nothing to do with the LFS code itself.

So no, I don't see any reason why that should've delayed the patch release, as it has nothing to do with the patch to begin with.

E: Argh beaten, shouldn't go get a coffee while posting :doh:
hmmm

W / send patch R

maybe wrong syntax ???
I don't like Kyoto GP-National-Long. The average speed is too high, which makes it quite boring. I'd like a track of the same lenght, but only 1 or two straights where you use the two upper-most gear in all cars. Obviously this was impossible before the patch, and perhaps even will stay impossible with the patch. Let's see how it works out.
In a nutshell: Not fast and long but slow, narrow, challanging and long.

Vain
It's a secret command that only beta testers know:

"/w patch me up baby"

I honestly don't get people that complain about the SMS thing - its something that Victor while waiting for other aspects of LFS to progress. Some people use it - leagues have already aknowledged their appreciation for it. If you don't, don't complain. What if everyone complained about Eric making the tracks and cars that they don't use (imagine the people that do FO8 on Oval...), and if people complained to Scawen for making features that they don't use? C'mon guys! The patch is coming - cheer up!
Quote from Scawen :I can't think of any way that Vic making a SMS system, could have delayed the patch that Eric and I are working on.

No... it has absolutely nothing to do with it. Eric and I are working full time on the patch and we're still not finished. Victor has more time on his hands at this time, or at least he is a bit more free to work on what he is inspired to work on.

The SMS thing is a new feature of LFS World that you may choose to use, or not to use, as you wish. It's not something to complain about.

Ok sirs, I must admit I overevaluated the code development stage. My thought was: "Well the new patch is announced, so it's almost completed, some weeks of internal testing and it is out......oooh wait wait it'll be out at least when LFSWorld will be ready...ouch some new stuff for Victor to take care..".
OK my apologizes for having misunderstood that.
Still valid my last point of the post.

P.S. to all of those who underlined devteam division of the job....I knew it, but you know results are out when all team members are ready all single jobs are done. I still think LFS is not just LFS.exe but a software system (LFSWorld is part of it too).
Nobody announced the patch.
Maybe you should just read the details, at least sometimes :P

The patch will be out when it's done, and NOBODY here can ifluence the release date with moaning and such. Only the devs know, can and will decide when the patch is ready to be released. Or should I say when the community is ready for the patch? :P
I'm ready for it...

OK seriously, there's no point waiting on anything a software company has promised. No industry persistently fails to deliver on it's genuine intentions as much as the software industry does and still gets away with it. It's just the nature of the game.

It's like accounting, if you are 1p out that could be several multi-billion pound deals have been entered wrong, likewise one glitch is all it takes to really throw a game dev and you're set back several weeks.

So dont worry about the patch, dont even compare it to NkPro or whatever the new thing is. You can only install and use what is here now - worry about patch R when it arrives .
I meant that the patch must have a certain amount of new features, combined with a certain stability, that is required to avoid moaning. If there was a new patch which like 10 new cars, which have all the same cockpit, people would start moaning "why do you make 10 cars that are the same?!".
Oh well...
I know people think that an Aston config or two being added is 'worthless' to them, but come on now... what more could you ask for when you just get pieces of content added on to the game.

Heck, if they added 'flowers' to Aston somewhere, I'd be frustrated. [etals:]

But some other possible configuration(s)? Sheesh that is great. More stuff to play with!!!
what could be next new stuff in the game.
A first 'real' motorcycle. Instead of forcing the GTi onto two wheels.

Quote from faster111 :what could be next new stuff in the game.

aero and a new aston config, but you wont experience that, but the tyre grip problems will be ironed out and there will be "something else"
Quote from Becky Rose :No industry persistently fails to deliver on it's genuine intentions as much as the software industry does and still gets away with it. It's just the nature of the game.

The construction industry gets pretty close. I'm an architect and sometimes I just cant believe how backward and ineffective the industry as a whole is.
In some ways the two have a lot in common, you are creating a bespoke, one off product from scratch which relies on a combination of artistry, technical competence, good management and hard work to get right. Its not like manufacturing widgets.
Quote from faster111 :what could be next new stuff in the game.

maybe a s2 license for yourself so u can enjoy the full content

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG