The online racing simulator
Forgot to say what i would like to see in the patch would have to be wet/rain raceing bring it on hehe :P
Quote from Victor :...
On the simulation side, things have been coming along well. Eric has recently worked some more on the Aston track, including graphical improvements, texture changes and a new configuration (or two). Scawen has worked on some aerodynamic improvements, most notably, the drag and downforce from wings work correctly depending on their real angle of motion, not just the user setting. A recent push on tyre physics has resulted in much better tyres which have improved the car handling and driving experience a lot. We have also been experimenting with another interesting feature as well...

Sounds awesome, thanks for info!
Anyone considered that this patch might turn LFS into Beta? I mean we all assume it's going to be Patch R, when the things the devs are working on might justify a beta tag. Dunno, just wondering, not that it makes a blind bit of difference though - Patch R or Beta 1 (for example), I don't think we all care, but it would mean that much closer to LFS S2 Final though.
It would be cool if the "surprise" would be a real start. So people can make a jump start and get penalty for it (for example drive-through penalty).
Quote from csimpok :It would be cool if the "surprise" would be a real start. So people can make a jump start and get penalty for it (for example drive-through penalty).

:lovies3d: And the same for the pitstops!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
My graduation ceremony is at Wembley. I have visions of either the roof falling in on me, or my Mortar Board being yellow and plasticky.
Seems its getting impossible to have a thread without someone posting a picture of Nürburing or someone complaining about developtment, and other complaining about moaners, and third complaining about the ones that complain about moaners.

Cant stand this waiting
Btw, I just wanted to post a warning to the devs, their business model is really wrong. And if they continue to ignore their customers this project will go bankrupt in no time. Did I mention that this progress update is far from being satisfying? It has to be much more detailed or all customers will run away immediately.
PS: I'm from Brazil. J/K
j/k?

That's not a joke! Stop the moaning! I'd be the happiest man on the earth if the patch will be released in the next 10 years!

j/k
Quote from AndroidXP :PS: I'm from Brazil.

I can't help laughing. I needed 3 minutes to write this...

Vain
Quote from AndroidXP :PS: I'm from Brazil. J/K

:leb: :ices_rofl
But that really is a bit of an insider's joke... but still a good one.
Good one, but the sad thing is that the Brazilians moaners still have a point. This kind of "we have done this and that" progress report should have been there few months ago.

/me runs for cover

But if the patch is really coming in this month, it compensates everything.

Quote from Qurpiz :Or we could have something that can be done and that would be much more fun

That would be easier to make of course and funny config too, but if KY GP is so unpopular now how unpopular would that be because it's even longer?
Quote from mrbogeyman :. TBH I don't find it too annoying, but the one thing that gets me sometimes is the turbo whine

You mean just the sound itself or the fact that it's there?

Definitely it should be there!

Actually I like it, on part throttle turns like using the XRR at KY LONG it really helps let you know where you're at & how much lag to expect, & when to get all the way on the throttle.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
:iagree:
Release
cmon cmon cmon cmon cmon cmon cmon cmon !!
I think that any track configs would be welcome, it adds extra content to the already feature packed lfs. It would add more of a variety which is always nice to have. Ive only recently started playing configs of Fern Bay. Always use to avoid that track but now as i am getting use to it, it is rather fun. Fern Bay Black is quite interesting!!!

id welcome any track config even one for Aston.

that Kyoto layout would be great..!

mad
Quote from thisnameistaken :I present to you, Kev's three reasons why KY GP is unpopular right now:

1) The pitlane is really long. If you stuff up, it takes an age to get back out of the pits.
2) The long sweeping corners before the oval section don't work very well unless the car has downforce - This is probably due to the cars-not-recovering-grip-properly-when-sliding issue in the physics, which is supposedly being addressed in the patch.
3) The double-left corner at the end of the lap falls into low-speed grip bug territory.

Fix all those and I don't see why it wouldn't be more popular. It's already more popular than FE Black anyway.

Feels like you're saying that low speed grip bug is active only when driving on KY GP. illepall
To me it sounds like he means that KY Long has the kind of curves where the low-grip issue happens easily, which is true.
Those last corners in KY GP are the most slowest ones in LFS I think, and there you can feel the low grip much easier.
Quote from deggis :Feels like you're saying that low speed grip bug is active only when driving on KY GP. illepall

I don't know wether you saw it, but just right behind the 100 meter sign before that slow section there's a sign to the right that says "Low grip bug territory - trespassers will spin - survivors will be spun again."

Vain
That double left in KYgp is definitely slippery. I haven't raced it in a while, but it might be the off-camber in addition to the low speed.
Blackwood's T1 is similar.
yeah ky nat is one of my favs the gp track isnt very popular but i think after the patch the ky gp and westhill will be more popular paired with the f08
Attached images
astonKart.jpg
The green one wouldn't be anything special imho. There is no pits and the corners, there arenät any.

... And the red one...
Quote from Scawen :IEric and I are working full time on the patch and we're still not finished.

Doesn't soudns like patch would be under testing, so I'll be realistic, and don't expect it 'til may.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG