The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :...because we only send the email two or three times a year when there is an important patch or announcement.

So at least now it's confirmed that the "Make sure you're set to receive our newsletter or keep your eyes aimed at www.liveforspeed.net in April" means patch and not only a progress report.
Quote from deggis :So at least now it's confirmed that the "Make sure you're set to receive our newsletter or keep your eyes aimed at www.liveforspeed.net in April" means patch and not only a progress report.

I think Scawen may have been refering to the fact that the mailing list doesn't just become annoying spam but its actually important. Sorry to be the party pooper. Judging by the progress report I'd say the patch is more than likely to come out this month though - I'd say this weekend or next.

EDIT: However, I see there was no newsletter with the progress report so that makes me pretty sure there's something coming this month.
Quote from Frags :Oh and TeamSpeak can reach you, when your not at home ?
Guess there's some new features to TeamSpeak that I don't know of

well, i guess proteam-drivers ARE at home during endurance races and they do have a schedule.
Quote from Scawen :This is one mailing list you DO want to be on, because we only send the email two or three times a year when there is an important patch or announcement. It's not an annoying newsletter.

Yep, it is in fact the only newslatter I have ever subscribed to
Yes I know...
Just trying to make people see the good things in this new feature...
I use Ventrilo my self, and at endu races I also stay at home.
But now this SMS thing gives me freedom to do some fast shopping at the local store. Still the one who's driving, have a fair chance of getting in contact with me. If he some how needs to be revieled.
Quote from XCNuse :ah yes.. the.. um.. the red one.. wow.. okay

(incase you didnt know, we have that track.. its called aston cadet lol)

I didnt no that was cadet, but there again i dont play on the kiddy tracks. lol
but that track would suit the Go Karts. lol
Quote from speedykev :I didnt no that was cadet, but there again i dont play on the kiddy tracks. lol
but that track would suit the Go Karts. lol

Aston Cadet is among the most challenging tracks around...
it is.. for any car, take out the FOX and do some laps.. then the LX's, then the MRT.. those are supposed to be some of the best handling cars.... not there
(LX isnt .. the best, but it sure is alot better)
Maybe your right, i well give it a go.
Quote from Vykos69 :"Pro"-Teams use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo for such a task :P

I know we do but my computer doesn't like running Teamspeak while playing LFS without giving me random black triangle shapes all over the screen

Keiran
Quote from Frags :Oh and TeamSpeak can reach you, when your not at home ?
Guess there's some new features to TeamSpeak that I don't know of

If you're not at home, how useful are you going to be when your bud is busting for a pee during a race anyway? Sounds like a recipe for serious frustration, to me! Don't text me, I can't do anything about it.. I don't wanna know! LOL!
the MRT6 was bagged, all they have now .. is the MRT5 but its.. well they call it MRT6 (right?) but only thing is that it has underbody ground effects

but either way.. i reeeeeeeeeeeeally want that MRT6 with spoilers.. so cool
The turning speed of that winged MRT6 would propably be scary...

Vain
Quote from XCNuse :it is.. for any car, take out the FOX and do some laps.. then the LX's, then the MRT.. those are supposed to be some of the best handling cars.... not there
(LX isnt .. the best, but it sure is alot better)

If LX4/6 doesn't get much more popular car after the patch (of course if the patch really fixes completely the grip probs) I will do something horrible...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from axus :Aston Cadet is among the most challenging tracks around...

jupp because you stay in the low speed grip problem zone on the entire track
I think the patch will make LFS tires perfect. And nkpro will be flawless!
Who wants to bet the patch will come out either the day of or around the release date of netkar pro?
Quote from Dethred :Who wants to bet the patch will come out either the day of or around the release date of netkar pro?

i say tuesday while vykos is at giga (german tv) ...
My bet is that it will come out when it is ready
I doubt they have it done already and will release it around the same time as nKPro just to mess with that release. If they don't have it done by then they won't release something unfinished. And Hyperactive, I doubt nK will be flawless. They are implementing so many things before having them going out for community testing, I highly doubt it will feel right. LFS tyre physics took so long to get right and still isn't and that's the nature of tyre physics development - you can't really get it spot on first time. LFS tyre physics may be hugely better after the patch, but that is because of much community feedback - something nK doesn't have on its side... they do have Avon tyres as a partner but GTR had many such partners and look how that turned out. If I am proven wrong so be it, but at this point I am sceptical.
^^ GTR used the ISI engine so really any tire data they added was a few tweaks into some text files from F1C

I wouldn't worry about the tire model not feeling right, nK namie had a decent feeling (although the actual physics involved seemed rather non-existant).
Quote from GeForz :i say tuesday while vykos is at giga (german tv) ...

Huh? Some kind of LFS show there? Is there more info about this?
Quote from Shotglass :jupp because you stay in the low speed grip problem zone on the entire track

hehehe kinky
Quote from deggis :Huh? Some kind of LFS show there? Is there more info about this?

Im sure it will be available in the stream as usual (only german though :/ )

http://broadcast.giga.de/listen.pls
But when? I didn't found any information about it in the GIGA schedule for tuesday?!

Greets,
Warper

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG