The online racing simulator
Quote from Bob Smith :Another day ticks by....

And why do poeple want screenshots?
Can you screenshot tyre physics? No.
Can you screenshot aero physics? No.
Can you show something new in screenshots of new combos? No.
Can they show screenshots of the surprise? No, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Nicely worded.

:iagree:
Quote from Jakg :thats actually quite a good idea!

yeah, we might suddenly start getting more updates
Deggis, it's just the physical value, not necessarily graphical.
Quote from Dan Hot :with the amount of advertising bs, media hype and other propoganda around these days i'm glad.

I didn't mean exactly that kind of PR shit.

For example some kind of official LFS trailer would be nice. Or maybe a little intro movie in the demo. That would get more people to buy license.
Quote from Breizh :Deggis, it's just the physical value, not necessarily graphical.

I hope it's graphical too. Does any other game have that?
Quote from bobvanvliet :Well, yeah, but any elevation is kinda a shock to us Dutch, now isn't it?

And about the AS configs, this was the one that popped in to my head the first. Nice and twisty.

(hmmm, it's becoming quite the mess with all these squiggly lines :tilt

I like that blue track very much. But I think that Eric has almost finnished whatever he is doing at unfortunatley me cheering for this track will not make it reality
Quote from deggis :I didn't mean exactly that kind of PR shit.

yeah sorry . sometimes its hard to get what ppl mean.
For the new patch I would like a new part for the forum fow all the whiners.

jeezes. We get a new option, and the first thing that happends is people crying out, "I don't like it" "I don't see the point" "Why do we need this"

aaaargh. I would post in that forum and whine about all the whiners.
Quote from Bob Smith :Another day ticks by....

And why do poeple want screenshots?
Can you screenshot tyre physics? No.

But a Vid!
Quote :
Can you screenshot aero physics? No.

But a Vid!
Quote :
Can you show something new in screenshots of new combos? No.

But a Vid!
Quote :
Can they show screenshots of the surprise? No, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

OK, right about the surprise :P
Not sure if your hinting at anything there Jo, but feel free to make "Ocrana Introduces Patch R" videos, with permission of course.
Righto, then we'd end up with a vid of Jo holding a bunch of printed out screenshots.

"And this is the screen clearly showing a low nose FO8 setup, so aero is fixed"
"Oh and here we see the FZ50 NOT drifting around a corner, illustrating the new tyre model"

Or a dia show.

Bleeehhh
i hope the surprise is nighttime with working lights or somthing cool like that, but whatever it is i will be happy as well as everyone els im sure thanks for the info on the update! and keep up the good work.
Videos, while looking pretty and killing time at work, will never really show off a physics model, you have to drive it and see how it reacts to you, feel the finer details of it working.

Although the surprise could be invisible cars, then they could show us a screenshot of an empty bit of track, and we wouldn't even know the surprise had been revealed.
Is there an email list I can get on so I can be notified as soon as the new patch is released?
Maybe this isn't new, i havent noticed it before though -

now you can view Longest Standing WR Top 100 in the hotlap charts ... [url="http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;"]
[/url]
Quote from XCNuse :screenshots before the patch comes out showing off the aero

hmm that screenshot gonna be quite a task
Quote from silent_wind :i know what he's sayin...the truth is , not only POSITIVE things should be pointed out..so, once again, that was my opinion about that SMS thingy..and it's a negative opinion and so what ? you dont like my opinion ? dont read it. as for the positives, i dont see any positive thing in this "report".... and remember , we're on a forum here , not on your personal blog or whatever...

Why are you being so negative, it's a new and pretty good feature. Will make driver swapping in endurance racing a heck of a lot easier. Say me and Tristan were to do a team endurance race, I could quickly type an SMS while driving to tell him to get his ass into LFS, this way he can do other stuff rather than watch me race for an hour or so and it also saves slots in the server.

Keiran
Do what now with my what now? I ain't doing anything with my backside for you Keiran. Besides, you'll crash on the back straight whilst trying to type a witty text message
Quote from KiDCoDEa :hmm that screenshot gonna be quite a task

nah ... just show a high nose fo8 that thinks its a mercedes
i dunno

well actually, the way i was thining about it was if it looks any different in the Forces view
Quote from BrandonAGr :Is there an email list I can get on so I can be notified as soon as the new patch is released?

Sure..go to http://www.liveforspeed.net/ , log in and click on account details. Scroll down and you'll see it
move newsletter to sms! ;P
Quote from keiran :Why are you being so negative, it's a new and pretty good feature. Will make driver swapping in endurance racing a heck of a lot easier. Say me and Tristan were to do a team endurance race, I could quickly type an SMS while driving to tell him to get his ass into LFS, this way he can do other stuff rather than watch me race for an hour or so and it also saves slots in the server.

Keiran

"Pro"-Teams use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo for such a task :P
Quote from Vykos69 :"Pro"-Teams use TeamSpeak/Ventrilo for such a task :P

Oh and TeamSpeak can reach you, when your not at home ?
Guess there's some new features to TeamSpeak that I don't know of
Quote from BrandonAGr :Is there an email list I can get on so I can be notified as soon as the new patch is released?

Yes there is a "receive newsletter" option in your acount info at www.liveforspeed.net

This is one mailing list you DO want to be on, because we only send the email two or three times a year when there is an important patch or announcement. It's not an annoying newsletter.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG