The online racing simulator
A new LFS World feature / small progress report
Hello Racers. We would like to announce a new feature at LFS World : SMS Alerts and SMS Messages!

You can now send text messages to other LFS racers, from LFS world or from inside LFS! You can also set SMS Alerts, to be informed of new hotlap world records or receive a message when one of your buddies goes online. We have given all S2 racers two free messages, for test purposes... so we recommend you go and enter your mobile phone number and try out an Alert or a Message. If you like it then you may wish to pre-pay for more messages (can be done on LFS World). They are all charged at £0.12 - both national and international.

See what it's all about in the LFS Alerts window and the LFS Messages window, at www.lfsworld.net

On the simulation side, things have been coming along well. Eric has recently worked some more on the Aston track, including graphical improvements, texture changes and a new configuration (or two). Scawen has worked on some aerodynamic improvements, most notably, the drag and downforce from wings work correctly depending on their real angle of motion, not just the user setting. A recent push on tyre physics has resulted in much better tyres which have improved the car handling and driving experience a lot. We have also been experimenting with another interesting feature as well...
#2 - ORION
cheers
#3 - axus
Awesome ... the patch sounds like it will rocket LFS forward again - I can't wait.
Cant wait...really just cant!
#5 - _Rob_
Thanks for the update
woot
#7 - Jakg
thank you victor!

infact, thanks to all the Dev team for making such a great game!
wow thats an awesome feature vic!

cant wait for this patch now thanks for the update
Thanks for the heads up, Victor
nice to hear things are coming along nicely
Hm, sceptical at first, but now I can finally wake up the ocrana guys if they are late AGAIN for an MoE race

The premium pubstat was already there, or is that also new?
Thanks for the SMS feature Victor... now what will I do with all my hot female fans contacting me?
:hyper: , I CAN'T WAIT , pleease a date .. please... :hyper:
Thanks for the heads up Vic, and thanks for the 3 of you for the great game, cant wait for the new patch specially now that im close to finally get a wheel, cheers.
Victor, I have found a problem.

I am Polish, but I currently live in a different country, hence I have a mobile numer of +45 xxxxxxxx, not +48 xxxxxxx. But the thing is I can't change the +48, because I'm assuming it's done automatically when I set my nationality.
cant wait for the patch!
keep it up guys
Quote from Frankmd :The premium pubstat was already there, or is that also new?

It was already announced, but not available yet ( = you couldnt pay for and use it)
Quote from szyszek :Victor, I have found a problem.

I am Polish, but I currently live in a different country, hence I have a mobile numer of +45 xxxxxxxx, not +48 xxxxxxx. But the thing is I can't change the +48, because I'm assuming it's done automatically when I set my nationality.

hmmyeah it's binded to your selected country atm. Will make a note - maybe could simply make the country-addition editable.
I feel sorry for the girls now with the SMS feature. lol

Great work guys, it just keeps getting better :-D
gee whats next ? the lfs intro tune as a ringtone ?
Cheers, thanks

I'm sure lots of people are in the same situation as I am
Cheers Victor
Quote from Shotglass :gee whats next ? the lfs intro tune as a ringtone ?

Victor can you add an "sms on new news on lfs.net" option? ;D

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG