The online racing simulator
say the devs make 2p per message, 6000 registered users give or take...each send 1 message and thats enough to cover the cost easily, then say on average each person sends 8 a day....then you have yourself a new porsche in a matter of months

I just hope they use the money to get in more people to work on the game, so they can get it out of Alpha stage and into a final release.

On the other hand its great that they are fixing the grip levels and aerodynamics
heh if they can make enough for a porsche thats good.. then scawen can take it for some serious spin and use the experience to improve the fz50 physics..
Quote from speedykev :

Isn't the red one Cadet?
Quote from Qurpiz :To me it sounds like he means that KY Long has the kind of curves where the low-grip issue happens easily, which is true.

Or people just haven't driven KY GP enough to know how to "handle" the low speed grip issue.

And why Aston gets graphical improvements? Fern Bay would really need those more. I think Fern Bay has the most arcadish feel in it from all of the LFS tracks. If I had the power to remake it I would remove the spectator stands and other stuff and make it look like some "abandoned" club track.

Quote from Priitmek :Isn't the red one Cadet?

yep
theere are lots of bugs on the tracks some more noticable with AA on like the lines on the roads.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :say the devs make 2p per message, 6000 registered users give or take...each send 1 message and thats enough to cover the cost easily, then say on average each person sends 8 a day....then you have yourself a new porsche in a matter of months

I just hope they use the money to get in more people to work on the game, so they can get it out of Alpha stage and into a final release.

On the other hand its great that they are fixing the grip levels and aerodynamics

Few wrong facts, and many wrong assumptions.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from speedykev :

ah yes.. the.. um.. the red one.. wow.. okay

(incase you didnt know, we have that track.. its called aston cadet lol)
Seriously?
a joke ?
doh ! gimme a brake with that SMS thingy..illepall completely useless IMO.. come on........
It didn't slow down LFS development progress, it didn't slow down the site, it doesn't cost you a thing, if you stop complaining about it you won't even notice it's there.
Quote from illegal :It didn't slow down LFS development progress, it didn't slow down the site, it doesn't cost you a thing, if you stop complaining about it you won't even notice it's there.

im not complaining , im giving my opinion..i guess that's also what forums are made for. and my opinion is that LSF SMS stuff and whatnot is a joke, to me, of course. that's it !
Quote from thisnameistaken :Would you rather be all macho and say you can "handle" problematic physics, or would you rather have it fixed?

I don't think race car drivers often worry about the car losing control because they're going too slow. With the possible exception of those cars which rely heavily on downforce for grip.

Err.. the subject was about why KY GP is unpopular and my point is still that because it's too long. Yes there are corners that are very annoying because of low speed grip issue but I might as well as say that every corner in LFS is too hard or annoying because of that.
i HOPE.. we get some teaser screenshots before the patch comes out showing off the aero and whatnot and maybe a little.. tease of the 'surprise'

hm..
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I personally love KY GP in the FZR.

Quote from thisnameistaken :I still don't think it's because it's too long, I think it's because there are a more corners which show up problems with LFS' physics in KY GP than there are in any other circuit. The two slow lefts at the end of the lap that we just mentioned...

Yes, these corners are a bit crazy and I'm not crazy about them.

Quote :and the sweepers between the first hairpin and the oval section. On those corners you maintain the same speed for a long time and it really shows the problems with slipping tyres regaining grip.

This is the section I like. It's fast, but not a "floor it and keep it floored until the next corner" section of turns. After the first hairpin, you can hit a quick 4th gear, then gear down, modulate the throttle through the next bit, floor it and hit 4th, then have to modulate the throttle again until you come to the final turn before under the bridge where you floor it and move up through 5th and 6th. The constant "floor it, brake, turn, floor it" of other tracks gets old after awhile. I think it's nice to not run the same way all the time. You have to really USE the throttle to get through that section.
Quote from XCNuse :i HOPE.. we get some teaser screenshots before the patch comes out

I was expecting screens also.

Because we havent got any, im guessing it cant be that long a wait until we get to see what it is. Well i hope so anyway..
Quote from silent_wind :im not complaining , im giving my opinion..i guess that's also what forums are made for. and my opinion is that LSF SMS stuff and whatnot is a joke, to me, of course. that's it !

He is saying that is has no affect on the game or its development... and as for most of us here, we know you want the game fixed in most areas (tires primarily), so it is obvious that such a feature in LFSW is worthless to you. So it of course is your opinion, but if this SMS feature is of no good for your own personal use, then why do we need to hear that... and ONLY that. Looks to me that most people don't mind that feature so much, but I know that most of the compliments are for that little progress report regarding some fixes... and THAT means a lot... especially to you right?

Just seems so many people have to point out the negatives, when there is some great positive news for all of us to talk about

Maybe once the patch comes out, most people will appreciate the content being given to us, and the time the devs spend on this game.
I personally think the SMS thing is very innovative, and while it is not very popular for now (but I'm sure there will still be some people that use it - leagues mainly), it will become a great feature in the next few years. Its not too difficult to ignore it if its of no use to you.
The SMS thing is not that bad...
I think it could be of good use in a looooong distance race, with driver change.
Then it's easy to get in contact with my teammates, when I want them to relieve me...

Thanks for the new feature.
I actually like that we have to wait for these patches. I think of it, as I'm getting a new game again
Quote from thisnameistaken :Would you rather be all macho and say you can "handle" problematic physics, or would you rather have it fixed?

I don't think race car drivers often worry about the car losing control because they're going too slow. With the possible exception of those cars which rely heavily on downforce for grip.

Just one more comment on the kyoto grip issues. I think the issues are there mostly because the corners in kyoto are longer and also somewhat slower than anywhere else. The most difficult part in LFS atm. is that when you are driving a longer corner you have to be extra careful for any little bumps there might be. Recovery is quite hard because the tire regain the grip badly.

I haven't heard anything that the upcoming patch would be something totally great. Let's just hope the difference will be noticable.
Another day ticks by....

And why do poeple want screenshots?
Can you screenshot tyre physics? No.
Can you screenshot aero physics? No.
Can you show something new in screenshots of new combos? No.
Can they show screenshots of the surprise? No, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

Quote from Frags :Then it's easy to get in contact with my teammates, when I want them to relieve me...

Nicely worded.
ah, great to hear such good news!

now I can't wait till the new patch releases!
Quote from Tweaker :He is saying that is has no affect on the game or its development... and as for most of us here, we know you want the game fixed in most areas (tires primarily), so it is obvious that such a feature in LFSW is worthless to you. So it of course is your opinion, but if this SMS feature is of no good for your own personal use, then why do we need to hear that... and ONLY that. Looks to me that most people don't mind that feature so much, but I know that most of the compliments are for that little progress report regarding some fixes... and THAT means a lot... especially to you right?

Just seems so many people have to point out the negatives, when there is some great positive news for all of us to talk about

Maybe once the patch comes out, most people will appreciate the content being given to us, and the time the devs spend on this game.

i know what he's sayin...the truth is , not only POSITIVE things should be pointed out..so, once again, that was my opinion about that SMS thingy..and it's a negative opinion and so what ? you dont like my opinion ? dont read it. as for the positives, i dont see any positive thing in this "report".... and remember , we're on a forum here , not on your personal blog or whatever...
Quote from Bob Smith :Can they show screenshots of the surprise? No, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

ah.. but did they not take surprise shots of the FZ50 before S2 came out
..were talking about the devs here, they have always come up with a way to tease us

you can take screenshots of the WIP, its not like its gonna look the same.. i dunno im sure something looks different..
oh.. TEXTURES! ah yes, they can take screenshots of erics texture works lol
Quote from Bob Smith :Can you screenshot aero physics? No.

"the drag and downforce from wings work correctly depending on their real angle of motion, not just the user setting"

Quote :Can you show something new in screenshots of new combos? No.
Can they show screenshots of the surprise? No, because then it wouldn't be a surprise.

They could show screenshots of the new configs or "Aston texture improvements".

Or course video teaser would be much better. But I think Scawen & co. doesn't really care about PR stuff that much. Unfortunately.
Quote from deggis :But I think Scawen & co. doesn't really care about PR stuff that much. Unfortunately.

with the amount of advertising bs, media hype and other propoganda around these days i'm glad.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG