Quote from Frankmd :Please don't call the police.

btw. seeing all those configs i have this idea which would require a bit of coding, but here goes> present the server admin with a blank map of aston and let him switch on/off particular parts of the track... i can see more than 6 configs there and with a little modeling even more... of course a check would be needed so that track would be driveable...
Quote from Chaos :

btw. seeing all those configs i have this idea which would require a bit of coding, but here goes> present the server admin with a blank map of aston and let him switch on/off particular parts of the track... i can see more than 6 configs there and with a little modeling even more... of course a check would be needed so that track would be driveable...

A blank track with the autocross editor would do.
Quote from Victor :... A recent push on tyre physics has resulted in much better tyres which have improved the car handling and driving experience a lot. We have also been experimenting with another interesting feature as well...

At last, fluffy dice on the rear view mirror!
Quote from ste_ :At last, fluffy dice on the rear view mirror!

It will move around as you drive too.
Quote :Originally Posted by Frankmd
Please don't call the police.

Is there really a post-vice ?
IMO this SMS feature does not help LFS in anyway but it is a good way for DEV's to get some income, which I think is a good thing since these people have to live. Although it would have been nice to know they have spent more time directly on the game, I think in the long term this is a good idea and will hopefully help to keep the game going
Quote from axus :It will move around as you drive too.

Finally they put the havoc physics to good use
Quote from mpracer :II think was better to spend the few time to develop and deliver the complete S2 and S3 version before to spend your precious time for something that was not related to the real simulation.

This addons havent delayed the release date by even a single minute
You should prolly find out more about how the devs work, and who does what. Scawen baisically does all the programming for the actual program, Eric makes all the content (tracks, cars, etc), and Victor is responsible for the incredible amount of work that is needed to maintain the LFS websites and community.

Quote :You'll have a lot of time after the final version is out to implement other payable features. I know this is business, but your first goal is to develop the final simulation.

"first goal" - lol
The final LFS version is so far away that you cant even imagine how it will look like. Dont expect it before 2010 or something

The devs know what they are doing - just look at the game and see how incredibly good it is. Actually it's a joke that most other games developed by up to 100 people are so crappy compared to LFS...
Not fluffy dice, but a fluffy monkey, with a skeleton and limbs that once move like humans (until forced). Rag-doll physics in a car sim, ooh yeah.
Quote from Bob Smith :Not fluffy dice, but a fluffy monkey, with a skeleton and limbs that once move like humans (until forced). Rag-doll physics in a car sim, ooh yeah.

No, you can choose whatever you prefer and other drivers will also see the one you have. And nKPro thought it was cool with its doom mode...
Quote from Vain :AS Greenhorn inspired me to another config. You'll love it!

Vain

JEAH!!!!!
Quote from AndroidXP :Finally they put the havoc physics to good use

Imagine LfS would looks like Crysis. It's an Egoshooter but on the other side, the best looking PC Game I've ever seen.
Imagine you would drive LfS with these Graphics ...

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell ... icList.jsp?galleryId=1401
Quote from axus :... And nKPro thought it was cool with its doom mode...

Pff, Shift-U comes close enough for me
Quote from Dragon_Reborn :Imagine LfS would looks like Crysis. It's an Egoshooter but on the other side, the best looking PC Game I've ever seen.
Imagine you would drive LfS with these Graphics ...

http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell ... icList.jsp?galleryId=1401

Hell yeah. No problem with a quadruple SLI configuration and a 5 GHz CPU
SMS'ing from LFSworld and within LFS? Of all the useless gimmicks in games, that's a particularly useless one.

Good to hear some news of actual development, though.
Quote from ste_ :At last, fluffy dice on the rear view mirror!

Nah, it's definitely NOS. It's all over the improvements section how EVERYBODY wants it!!!!

(that's just sarcastic, I really don't want NOS, but I'm afraid of this turning into a discussion given previous discussions on it. Please don't!)
Does this mean that the front of the cars won't have to be jacked up on the ovals anymore :+
Just a little suggestion instead of 2 commands for the sms, is it not possible to do it in one command. Where you just send the sms text and you get a reply message of failed-reason or successful.
maybe we will get asymmetrical suspension tuning now probably not lol
Quote from Clownpaint :I just really hope the sounds have been looked into. When I play rFactor I pump up the volume in my headphones, and yes, I can read quite a lot of information from them. In LFS I have to turn it right down because the sounds are so flat and repetative they actually give me ear ache. I know I never want to turn the volume down in real life, so something needs to be updated there at least.

That can be done in a compatible patch, I'm sure, both physics and multiplayer-wise.
After some creative quoting;

Quote from ORION :Victor is responsible for the incredible amount of work that is needed to maintain the community.

Victor doesnt "maintain" me....am I missing something?

Nice work on the new features Victor :up:
There seems to be 500 different configs of Aston but how about Kyoto?

On public servers it's not very used track because KY GP is too long and too hard. And the oval section is boring. KY Nat is more used but it still has the boring oval section. This new config would include only the best section of the track. And because Kyoto (despite the Oval) is the greatest track in LFS it needs to be more popular.

http://torttu.net/temp/lfs/kyoto_new_config.jpg

As seen in the pic it would need 'some' work though... but it would be worth it.
looks interesting.. definitevly kyoto needs a few more layouts...... i was thinking maybe replace the tarmac section on the whole oval with mud so we can rally and drift all the way around lol
i wouldnt mind a few more tracks for the UF1, maybe on Kyoto, short tracks are my speciality... long tracks get boring for me!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG