The online racing simulator
Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
u can try select them go to group options on top and ungroup
Spoiler Pack
Hey there...

can someone please convert/ share some nice / decent spoiler into 3ds or lwo or obj....

Thanks
Quote from itsphilthy :Hey there...

can someone please convert/ share some nice / decent spoiler into 3ds or lwo or obj....

Thanks

why don't nfs spoilers? just detach it, then hide, then press ctrl + a(select all) then press delete, then unhide all
save it, then you can merge or import it in any scene
it isn't hard
Quote from tikshow :why don't (use) nfs spoilers?

sorry...where can i find it? i hope it isnt in .max
I have a quick question...

How can I get the glass effect in XFG, can't change the white texture to a transparent glass. Im using 3Ds Max 7 with Brazil v2.0.

And how to configure the glossy effect, everytime I render the car, it is still in flat color...

can someone help me with this..

(I know this was ask before)

Thanks in advance for replying in my question.
Quote from Deejayyaj :I have a quick question...

How can I get the glass effect in XFG, can't change the white texture to a transparent glass. Im using 3Ds Max 7 with Brazil v2.0.

And how to configure the glossy effect, everytime I render the car, it is still in flat color...

can someone help me with this..

(I know this was ask before)

Thanks in advance for replying in my question.

with flat color you mean that (usaly) purple color? if so, press M (material editor), then scroll down to [ADD_SKIN], and then maps, then put a bitmap on it (skin). Sorry if i havn't said it correct

-Bose
@Bose321:

Yeah but it has a skin already.... i filled all the sub-materials but no luck getting the transparent glass even when I followed the 3D Render Tutorial in LFS Manual.

Im using the DDS file "mtl_XFG - XF GTI_s_glassALPHA" for the glass material but it just rendered as white and not with opacity.

Edit:
(look at the attachment below and you will notice the windows, rear and front windshield is still in white color)
Attached images
sample1.jpg
I don't know what that map looks like... it may be a map for opacity map only and not for diffuse map. drop the map into 'opacity map' slot. See if that work?

I usually don't need map for clear windows. just turn down the material opacity to 0
Quote from samyip :I don't know what that map looks like... it may be a map for opacity map only and not for diffuse map. drop the map into 'opacity map' slot. See if that work?

I usually don't need map for clear windows. just turn down the material opacity to 0

Thanks for your help man... it works, yeah Opacity it should be set to 0
One more quick question....

How will I put a shadow under the car?

Shadow and Glass type shadow?

Below is my attachment with FXO rendered but no shadow

I've used the or I've created a box above the car and set the property to like this.

1) Open « Material Editor », and select an empty slot. Click on the « Standard » button. Then, select « Brazil Utility ». Check the box « 2-Sided », then click on the « None » box next to the white color box and choose « Output » In the output section, put a 3,0 « RGB Level »

But no success...
is there any way around to create the car shadow?
Attached images
FXO1jpg.jpg
isn't that hard simply just a place a light in the scene and turn on it's shadow, one button
Quote from tikshow :isn't that hard simply just a place a light in the scene and turn on it's shadow, one button

I tried that putting a light in 4 corners but
there is no shadow under the car

I did just like this http://adobeusersite.com/photo ... ow-effect-studio-tutorial

I just need to know the material for car shadow under the rendered car and thats it im done

Thanks "tikshow" but no luck still
did you make a plane under the car? where it can generete shadows
Since you're using Brazil, you can also enable ground plane from rendering options. This plane will only be visible in renders but it's size appears infinite and you won't see edges even when taking a picture from low angle. But it will be placed at 0,0 coordinates on world-Z, so you might need to move car up or down to get it looking right.

I haven't used 3dsmax in a long time, but check if there's some additional shadow parameters that needs to be set when you're using object as a lightsource. Still it usually helps to use couple spotlights to get scene look the way you want it using very soft lights with large falloff area.
@tikshow: yes i put a ground plane, i didnt noticed that the plane was above the car.... :doh: its now under the car.. Lol

@Crommi: I did tweak the ground plane and just untick the "Cast Shadow"
and it works fine now....

Thanks for all the info fellas
This really helps.....
Can somebody tell me how to convert Brazil scenes to mental ray?(If its possible)
Quote from [UKR] Race King :Can somebody tell me how to convert Brazil scenes to mental ray?(If its possible)

Just replace Brazil shaders and adjust lighting suitable for Mental Ray.
Quote from Crommi :Just replace Brazil shaders and adjust lighting suitable for Mental Ray.

Thx

P.S Posted it in the wrong section.
hi...
it would be a great if someone could share the z version models if you allready done it to convert them from cmx to obj, 3ds....

i cant find any converter wich isn`t only for 3d max

thanks guys
I have them in .max i think, without materials.
Quote from okijuhans :I have them in .max i think, without materials.

could u upload them as .3ds? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
The modded XFG scene is public. It's free to work on it, it needs some work on the rear windshield, but I had no time... The scene was made in Max8, but I've converted it into .3ds format, so you should be able to import into Max7 too. Oh and the BMW headlights are also attached. (interior file).
Attached files
XFG.rar - 835.7 KB - 486 views

Scenes/Materials
(727 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG